Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well everyone, today I graduated.
Thanks for sticking through all the ups and downs, and I hope everyone gets their M3s soon*TM.

Delivery was in-person.
They had the car waiting on the carpet in front of the garage doors ready to be driven out.
Given it was -18C I'm glad they let us do the inspection inside.
Also glad that I had a second set of eyes go over the checklist - was called into work this morning and still had to clean out the RAV4 and get everything printed before the delivery appointment, so I was a bit nervous/clammy and tunnel visoned trying to finish my side of the checklist.
We were a couple minutes late but my SA was very lenient and was finishing up with someone else's delivery.
DSC_2040.JPGIMG_9598 - Copy.jpg
No major issues with paint/alignment.
Only thing I did notice was the right headlight stuck out 1mm more than the left, but I don't think I'll do anything about it.
DSC_2048.JPGDSC_2049.JPGDSC_2051.JPGDSC_2052.JPG
I know a previous user mentioned checking the gasket/rubber seal between the two pieces of glass for the roof - mine had about a 1mm gap, but my SA said they had taken the car through a couple washes and nothing leaked.

Confirmed for AMD Ryzen and 12V Li-ion battery. No dual-pane rear windows. Couldn't visually confirm heated wiper park (SA tried to see if any techs could confirm but they had all gone home and they couldn't find the relevant info in the system).
DSC_2056 - Copy.JPGDSC_2057.JPG
SA said all deliveries should have the latest features so the heated wipers *should* come in an OTA update. Heated steering wheel is a nice touch though.
DSC_2069.JPG
They also said that Canada started getting AMD Ryzen in January, as they had a backlog of orders/demand issues.
As always, it seems the quality of info from SAs is all over the map - I've had a total of 2(2.5) SAs, all over email.
First one said AMD Ryzen hadn't come to Canada yet*(this was Jan. 17), but to be fair I never followed up to see when was the exact date they started shipping Ryzen, as I just wanted M3 at that point.

There does seem to be a learning curve just with ordering - unless people know where to look or read from forums or reddit, they can easily hit a snag - like many users here have with not selecting a payment option, and as a result not being given priority for delivery even though they ordered earlier than others.

Would rate the delivery experience from Tesla 5/5, they gave me as much time as my nervous self needed, and we even went over our allotted 45 minutes. They had no issue with me parking in the parking lot to spend some time fiddling with all the settings and installing the screen protector.
Shout out to Chelan!
IMG_9608.jpg

OD: 01/15/2022
EDD: March 2022
EDD2: 02/25 - 03/25
02/09: VIN 175XXX EDD3: 02/15 - 02/19
Scheduled delivery 02/18 02/19
Delivered 02/22 - Happy Mega Zero Twosday my dudes!

Last edited:
They most assuredly DID lie to me, in person, on the telephone, a week ago Saturday. I've been following Tesla since they first announced the M3, so I know a little bit about it. And if my ranting about being lied to in an online forum is something that you've never seen before, then you need to get out more.
Lol your funny man. I see people who have waited 6 months less irritated than you.

I hope you wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow. Positive attitude can go a long way.

Cheers Mate!

Well everyone, today I graduated.
Thanks for sticking through all the ups and downs, and I hope everyone gets their M3s soon*TM.

Delivery was in-person.
They had the car waiting on the carpet in front of the garage doors ready to be driven out.
Given it was -18C I'm glad they let us do the inspection inside.
Also glad that I had a second set of eyes go over the checklist - was called into work this morning and still had to clean out the RAV4 and get everything printed before the delivery appointment, so I was a bit nervous/clammy and tunnel visoned trying to finish my side of the checklist.
We were a couple minutes late but my SA was very lenient and was finishing up with someone else's delivery.
View attachment 772734View attachment 772735
Only thing I did notice was the right headlight stuck out 1mm more than the left, but I don't think I'll do anything about it.
View attachment 772750View attachment 772751View attachment 772753View attachment 772754
I know a previous user mentioned checking the gasket/rubber seal between the two pieces of glass for the roof - mine had about a 1mm gap, but my SA said they had taken the car through a couple washes and nothing leaked.

Confirmed for AMD Ryzen and 12V Li-ion battery. No dual-pane rear windows. Couldn't visually confirm heated wiper park (SA tried to see if any techs could confirm but they had all gone home and they couldn't find the relevant info in the system).
View attachment 772755View attachment 772756
SA said all deliveries should have the latest features so the heated wipers *should* come in an OTA update. Heated steering wheel is a nice touch though.
View attachment 772757
They also said that Canada started getting AMD Ryzen in January, as they had a backlog of orders/demand issues.
As always, it seems the quality of info from SAs is all over the map - I've had a total of 2(2.5) SAs, all over email.
First one said AMD Ryzen hadn't come to Canada yet*(this was Jan. 17), but to be fair I never followed up to see when was the exact date they started shipping Ryzen, as I just wanted M3 at that point.

There does seem to be a learning curve just with ordering - unless people know where to look or read from forums or reddit, they can easily hit a snag - like many users here have with not selecting a payment option, and as a result not being given priority for delivery even though they ordered earlier than others.

Would rate the delivery experience from Tesla 5/5, they gave me as much time as my nervous self needed, and we even went over our allotted 45 minutes. They had no issue with me parking in the parking lot to spend some time fiddling with all the settings and installing the screen protector.
Shout out to Chelan!
View attachment 772738
OD: 01/15/2022
EDD: March 2022
EDD2: 02/25 - 03/25
02/09: VIN 175XXX EDD3: 02/15 - 02/19
Scheduled delivery 02/18 02/19
Delivered 02/22 - Happy Mega Zero Twosday my dudes!
Same config as me! Congrats! I hope it drives as good as it looks

Same config as me! Congrats! I hope it drives as good as it looks
Before I drove off I switched to chill mode - didn't feel any different from any ICE vehicle. Acceleration and regen braking was very smooth.
Turned it off after 5 minutes to see what standard felt like - very different.
Instant input/acceleration, and regen was much more aggressive.
Think I'll leave it on chill mode as I don't want to have to constantly manage my foot pressure to that degree, and I can get motion sick if the ride is a rollarcoaster.

Stepping back into a sedan from an SUV that had 8 inch ground clearance was a nice welcome - felt more comfy being closer to the ground.
Just having the car on idle is a different experience - no rumbling of an engine, just a slight hum like you're in a plane cabin and the slight breeze from the A/C.

Driving home on the highway, I found myself looking down at my steering wheel to look at the speedometer out of habit.
And even pulling out of the parking space I found myself reaching for the non-existent gear shift!

Edit: Didn't know TMC has a 10 image limit per reply - just took a pic as a visual confirmation of no rear dual-pane window
DSC_2076.JPG

I am actually going to go ahead and install a 14-50 outlet off the inverter as well. I’m slowly putting together the solar system as my budget allows, and I’m not sure it would be able to handle the full amp capacity of the wall charger when its done. I decided to grab the wall charger because the 14-50 was out of stock for a couple weeks, but as soon as I ordered the wall charger it was available again.

Mine is actually connected to one of my gateways and since i have two i can always add another one on the other gateway if i wanted to. I actually purchased teslas 17kw solar system and had it setup as two seperate systems since my home has two 200amp panels and since they dont make gateways that work with 400amp's I had to buy two gateways to properly backup my whole house. Im not sure if I'd want to run an outlet like this off directly off inverter though without somekind of battery backup that way you dont draw to much power and damage the inverter or something like that. Then again maybe its common practice, im not sure since im not an electrician.

As for buying the whole system at once i did it to save money from tax rebates and to make sure it can provide the power i need in case of a hurricane. What also made my model 3 purchase decision a little easier was that fact that my tesla installation guy said that elon musk is working on a way to allow the car to backpedal power to thier solar system which would be equivalnt to adding 5-6 more powerwalls to the house in case of an emergency if I ever needed the extra power to keep powering my home. That would be pretty cool and i could see that being useful, but i have a feeling it'll be years before it happens. Currently though i can charge the car from the solar system which means i can use the excess solar that would normally be sent to the grid to charge my car on days where the gride is down.

Reactions: cmy4x4
Before I drove off I switched to chill mode - didn't feel any different from any ICE vehicle. Acceleration and regen braking was very smooth.
Turned it off after 5 minutes to see what standard felt like - very different.
Instant input/acceleration, and regen was much more aggressive.
Think I'll leave it on chill mode as I don't want to have to constantly manage my foot pressure to that degree, and I can get motion sick if the ride is a rollarcoaster.

Stepping back into a sedan from an SUV that had 8 inch ground clearance was a nice welcome - felt more comfy being closer to the ground.
Just having the car on idle is a different experience - no rumbling of an engine, just a slight hum like you're in a plane cabin and the slight breeze from the A/C.

Driving home on the highway, I found myself looking down at my steering wheel to look at the speedometer out of habit.
And even pulling out of the parking space I found myself reaching for the non-existent gear shift!

Edit: Didn't know TMC has a 10 image limit per reply - just took a pic as a visual confirmation of no rear dual-pane window
View attachment 772764
I’m going from an F-150 to a M3. So I’m sure the difference for me will be pretty extreme. But I am ready to save a bunch on gas lol. Enjoy the ride!

Nice! I didnt get the tesla outlet installed yet since I plan to also run an air compressor from time to time so i opted for a universal outlet and got the 14-50 outlet installed with a 60amp breaker that way i can swap it if i decide to change my mind in the future to have it all match. If i had a white car I'd consider it lol, or maybe i'll re-spray the powerwall's with a matching blue to match my m3 when it arrives. Who knows. Either way were both ready and waiting for our cars :)

Look at those Powerwalls!!! Congrats!! Those are next on the list of things to order for me 😎

Nice! I didnt get the tesla outlet installed yet since I plan to also run an air compressor from time to time so i opted for a universal outlet and got the 14-50 outlet installed with a 60amp breaker that way i can swap it if i decide to change my mind in the future to have it all match. If i had a white car I'd consider it lol, or maybe i'll re-spray the powerwall's with a matching blue to match my m3 when it arrives. Who knows. Either way were both ready and waiting for our cars :)

Yeah when I asked Tesla my sales rep was honest… He said it’s a waste of money to just to get a 14/50 installed and buy the Nema adapter. YMMV

I’m also not painting my garage red and putting Tesla and white letters on the wall. 😂😂😂😂

• Funny
Reactions: cmy4x4
Lol your funny man. I see people who have waited 6 months less irritated than you.

I hope you wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow. Positive attitude can go a long way.

Cheers Mate!

…..

We do all sort of behave as if Tesla has “bestowed” the ”privilege” of buying their cars upon us. In what world should we ever be concerned about an SA not being ”lenient” if we are a couple minutes late…or being timid about asking them to adjust a headlight thats not aligned properly. As for the guy thats spun up about the erratic EDDs, well, I get it (to a point). It simply shouldn’t be this way, but they get away with it because people want to drive their cars that bad, i suppose.

All that said, I hope they aren’t reading this and decide to suddenly delay Northern VA deliveries by a month 😫 ….”NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

• Funny
Reactions: disneygirl420
Lol. My OD was 11/25 and my hold was lifted today (2/22) so I'm 89 days into my allowed 90 days of hold.

The EDD that was just assigned me is June 4 - July 2. Nah... I give it 48h and expect they'll push me forward and force me to cut back in line based OD. Still expecting an EOQ delivery but as one who previously commented that I would be okay with going to the back of the line, I'm OKAY going to the back of the line. :)

Let's see what happens.
Boom. 2 week EDD.

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / MSM / White / Aero / No FSD
11/25: Advertised EDD: February '22
11/26: 2nd EDD: 12/15 - 12/31/21
11/30: 3nd EDD: 1/15 - 2/12/22
12/3: 4th EDD: 12/21 - 12/31/21
12/8: Trade-in Text Received
12/13: VIN Assigned (1298xx)
12/14: Hold Placed
1/1: Hold Lifted
1/2: 5th EDD: 3/5 - 3/31/22
1/6: 6th EDD: 1/21 - 2/4
1/13: 7th EDD: 1/26 - 1/30
1/13: VIN Assigned (1536xx)
1/14: Hold Placed (until 2/22)
2/22: Hold Lifted
2/22: 8th EDD: 6/4 - 7/2 (lol)
2/23: 9th EDD: 3/8 - 3/18

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220223-072712.jpg
    Screenshot_20220223-072712.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 75
Boom. 2 week EDD.

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / MSM / White / Aero / No FSD
11/25: Advertised EDD: February '22
11/26: 2nd EDD: 12/15 - 12/31/21
11/30: 3nd EDD: 1/15 - 2/12/22
12/3: 4th EDD: 12/21 - 12/31/21
12/8: Trade-in Text Received
12/13: VIN Assigned (1298xx)
12/14: Hold Placed
1/1: Hold Lifted
1/2: 5th EDD: 3/5 - 3/31/22
1/6: 6th EDD: 1/21 - 2/4
1/13: 7th EDD: 1/26 - 1/30
1/13: VIN Assigned (1536xx)
1/14: Hold Placed (until 2/22)
2/22: Hold Lifted
2/22: 8th EDD: 6/4 - 7/2 (lol)
2/23: 9th EDD: 3/8 - 3/18
I learned that all Midwest deliveries go from Fremont to Chicago via train then delivered by truck. Mine was shipped from Fremont Thursday morning and arrives to KC today. Once you confirm it ships, looks like it's about a week to the dealer. Something to monitor once you get your VIN and if your SA tells you when it leaves Fremont.

Personally, seeing the stream of impatient buyers place their order and given an estimated delivery month, only to then freak out weekly in this thread leading up to the original month estimated, and in most cases, actually receive the car within that month is becoming very amusing to me.

It states clear as day in the order agreement: "The estimated delivery date of your Vehicle, if provided, is only an estimate as we do not guarantee when your Vehicle will actually be delivered. Your actual delivery date is dependent on many factors, including your Vehicle’s configuration and manufacturing availability." I guess it's just easier to pop off and continue being ignorant and claim to be lied to than actually read the order agreement though.
My OD was 1/9 and the initial EDD was 3/11 to 3/31. So, I am actually getting my car almost two weeks early on 2/28! I was fully prepared to wait until the end of March for my car. Many other users here have also posted that the original EDD range ended up being very close.

I learned that all Midwest deliveries go from Fremont to Chicago via train then delivered by truck. Mine was shipped from Fremont Thursday morning and arrives to KC today. Once you confirm it ships, looks like it's about a week to the dealer. Something to monitor once you get your VIN and if your SA tells you when it leaves Fremont.

Good to know, thanks!

BTW, my copy of Rail Baron shows that the AT&SF line links the Bay Area and Chicago, but it runs right thru KC. Didja consider hanging out by the tracks to flag the train down and just take your car while it was RIGHT THERE? :)