Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we get loan approval before VIN? I don’t expect the current rates to hold given what’s happening in Ukraine and the ripple effects on the economy - might be a good idea to lock in a rate.
You can get a pre-approval in the U.S. so long as you're good with a hard credit check and there is a moderate risk you'll need to re-apply after 90 days if you don't receive a VIN.

Reactions: Kaytu
Completed all of my pre-delivery tasks and even got my trade-in info although it will expire before the EDD. I was surprised that my TI value was better than Carvana from what I've been hearing people say. As of now, I'm not to bothered about the few months wait (after 2 years, what's a few more month) plus it gives me time to save up even more for the down payment.
So, admittedly, I did not get a TI quote from Tesla…figured they wouldn’t be too interested in my 10+ year Toyota. That said, I did get a quote from Carvana…it was horrible. I would recommend letting Carmax take a look at it. I got the best offer from them (considerably more than Carvana). It’s probably less than what I would get from a private party sale, but a whole lot less hassle. Their offer is only good for 7 days so I’ll have to “redo” it once I get my car, but if the redo is close to the first one, it’s an easy decision.

Regarding the estimate process, it took about 45 minutes and they give you a printout.

Reactions: EnjoiM3
A few updates came today:
M3LR White/White no FSD
Order date 1/18
Orig EDD: March
EDD#1(1/19): 2/12-3/12
EDD#2 (2/13): 2/26-3/26
EDD#3 (2/24): 3/9-3/19
Vin assigned 2/24 196xxx
EDD#4 (2/24): 3/9-3/13

So in the last few hours I've went from a month long window to assigned a VIN & 4 day window. I had an order back in November that I ultimately cancelled so it feels like I've been waiting forever. With the Vin being 196xxx, I'm assuming it will have the ryzen chip & lithium 12v, but we are taking delivery either way so I'm not concerned to check at this point.

So, admittedly, I did not get a TI quote from Tesla…figured they wouldn’t be too interested in my 10+ year Toyota. That said, I did get a quote from Carvana…it was horrible. I would recommend letting Carmax take a look at it. I got the best offer from them (considerably more than Carvana). It’s probably less than what I would get from a private party sale, but a whole lot less hassle. Their offer is only good for 7 days so I’ll have to “redo” it once I get my car, but if the redo is close to the first one, it’s an easy decision.

Regarding the estimate process, it took about 45 minutes and they give you a printout.
When I was looking to sell my other car (2019 BMW X3), I checked with Carvana, the dealer, Vroom and CarMax. CarMax beat them all by a wide margin. The only drawback is that you go to them. The upside is they will give you a check on the spot. Took ab out 1/2 hour all told.

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
When I was looking to sell my other car (2019 BMW X3), I checked with Carvana, the dealer, Vroom and CarMax. CarMax beat them all by a wide margin. The only drawback is that you go to them. The upside is they will give you a check on the spot. Took ab out 1/2 hour all told.

Carvana got me almost 2k more for my 2019 X3 over what BMW initially offered. Couldn't believe BMW matched their offer. Although I did have to speak to the used car manager to get it done.

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Can't find the post to reply to but when I called Tesla they said it was necessary to notify them that I was NOT doing an ACH transfer and they had to update finance to say I was brining my $15k downpayment check.

Not sure if that helps anyone.
Normally they want you to send a copy to their finance people and make sure the VIN number is on the check. That has been my experience with Tesla for larger amounts (50-90k).

Carvana got me almost 2k more for my 2019 X3 over what BMW initially offered. Couldn't believe BMW matched their offer. Although I did have to speak to the used car manager to get it done.

The basic online quotes for my 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF from both Carmax and Carvana are about $1500-$2000 less than what Tesla has quoted for the TI. Granted, that's just a basic quote without seeing the car. I've got some time though, so I'll be keeping a close watch on the options.