Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else on the subscription model? I’m having mine delivered one part at a time…
BBF1FBBF-ED84-4E6A-98ED-9A1A523DF7F5.jpeg

Guess I need to get a ride to Indy lined up. Elon just accelerated my delivery by a week and has assigned me a delivery time for Saturday.

M3LR / MSM / White / Aero / No FSD
11/25: Advertised EDD: February '22
11/26: 2nd EDD: 12/15 - 12/31/21
11/30: 3nd EDD: 1/15 - 2/12/22
12/3: 4th EDD: 12/21 - 12/31/21
12/8: Trade-in Text Received
12/13: VIN Assigned (1298xx)
12/14: Hold Placed
1/1: Hold Lifted
1/2: 5th EDD: 3/5 - 3/31/22
1/6: 6th EDD: 1/21 - 2/4
1/13: 7th EDD: 1/26 - 1/30
1/13: VIN Assigned (1536xx)
1/14: Hold Placed (until 2/22)
2/22: Hold Lifted
2/22: 8th EDD: 6/4 - 7/2 (lol)
2/23: 9th EDD: 3/8 - 3/18
2/24: 10th EDD: 3/9 - 3/13
2/24: VIN Assigned (1960xx)
2/28: "Final" EDD: 3/5 130pm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-125706.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228-125706.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 69
I just had an interesting experience—the timing seems a little too close to be coincidence!

First, background:
Chicago, M3LR, MSM, Black, Aero, no FSD. OD - 2/7 First EDD (given 2/7) - "March 2022" Second EDD (given 2/7) - 3/2-3/30 Third EDD (given 2/21) - 3/6-3/20 - Fourth EDD (given 2/28) - March 10-16 with VIN 192XXX

Today's occurrence:
I have been refreshing my order page and checking the VIN for the last week. I haven't had any updates, so I decided a friendly text message to my Sales Associate would be alright. This is someone I've met with and worked with in person, so it's nice to have a point of contact. I sent him a message: "Good Morning! My window of estimated delivery is about to begin on Sunday, March 6. I was curious if you had any additional information on your end (beyond what my account shows at this time). I don't yet have a VIN, but from what I can tell, we're still a bit early. Thanks for taking a look for me!"

He replied: "Good morning Mike, nothing more beyond the delivery window of first half of March. Your vehicle should be coming out of production in the next couple days and loaded onto a carrier, at which point you'll be prompted to schedule your delivery appointment."

I thought "that's alright" to myself and went along with my day. Five minutes later, I received a text message that said "Hi Mike, Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance for your Model 3 and complete any remaining tasks in the Tesla App prior to delivery." I checked my account, and sure enough, there it was.

The timing seems too close to be a coincidence. If you're able to check with an SA who you've personally worked with, it might be a good idea.
Frankly, I hope it was a coincidence, because the alternative is terrible. If the SA did pull a VIN to assign to you, they had to pull it from somewhere. So, if it was the SA pulling it, then it was supposed to go to someone who ordered before you. If it was a less common specification, then they would now have to wait for that spec to come around again for your location. In other words, SA’s would be able to reward customers who aren’t patient while ‘punishing’ others who are. I don’t teach my kids or my dogs that way, so I really hope that Tesla doesn’t either, lol. 🤗

Reactions: Cosimo3456
I called Tesla and they actually had info for me! 888-518-3752
  • First she said that MOST cars will be delivered towards the end of March, but...
  • I am "soft matched" to a car
  • That car is in production.
  • I should expect a VIN sometime between 3/6-3/10 (which is smack dab in the middle of my current EDD).
Who knows how accurate this intel is but it somehow gives me some satisfaction

Frankly, I hope it was a coincidence, because the alternative is terrible. If the SA did pull a VIN to assign to you, they had to pull it from somewhere. So, if it was the SA pulling it, then it was supposed to go to someone who ordered before you. If it was a less common specification, then they would now have to wait for that spec to come around again for your location. In other words, SA’s would be able to reward customers who aren’t patient while ‘punishing’ others who are. I don’t teach my kids or my dogs that way, so I really hope that Tesla doesn’t either, lol. 🤗
Correlation does not equal causation. Unless we have a sizeable number of such data points its impossible to say either way.

I called Tesla and they actually had info for me! 888-518-3752
  • They told me that I am "soft matched" to a car and that car is in production.
  • I should expect a VIN sometime between 3/6-3/10 (which is smack dab in the middle of my current EDD).
Who knows how accurate this intel is but it somehow gives me some satisfaction
Congratulations, thats great! I called too and did not get a very helpful agent. I was just a fly she wanted to swat away asap.

Reactions: disneygirl420