Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GRADATION DAY! Rocky start but all turned out well. Yesterday I get a text at 11:00 confirming my delivery today at 10:00. GREAT! Fast forward 3 hours the next text comes saying my car hasn’t arrived yet and will have to reschedule. NOT SO GREAT! At this point I have already made my flight and hotel reservations since I am 350 miles from the Dallas center. Texted SA and said that it was UNACCEPTABLE and they would need to accommodate my schedule. Agreed to a delayed delivery at 2:00 today. Evidently my car arrived just this morning and they put me at the front of the line. Ended up being ready at 11:00. WOO HOO! Moral of the story, I think they have a little more flexibility with deliveries than they let on.
Initial inspection was perfect. No flaws of any kind!
FYI….power trunk lid for those with doubts
Congratulations! Glad it all worked out for you

Reactions: cmy4x4
Just got my Model 3 delivered. Upgraded from the 2019 to the 2022. I have to say it's such a substantial upgrade in almost every respect it blows my mind. The doors feel more solid (no more thin light doors), the upgraded Ryzen slaps my old atom cpu, the car's suspension is more cushioned, no rattles, no road noise, and the fit and finish are leagues above their prior effort. Overall just an outstanding showing by Tesla.

Attachments

• toy-story-the-claw.gif
    toy-story-the-claw.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 175
Hey,

For those of you that initially selected cash and then switched to finance, how long did it take for your account to reflect that. I received my VIN yesterday and texted my SA asking to switch over to finance and he said he did it but my account/app are still showing cash. I’ll probably call back just incase.
When I got my VIN my SA emailed me first and asked if I was paying in full or financing/leasing.
I replied within 30 minutes and an hour later I got a reply saying my account was changed - I was able to submit trade-in photos, and apply for financing and was able to customize the amount and term.

99% of my communication during order and delivery with Tesla was via email.

So get your popcorn because the entertainment continues.

I texted my SA this morning as promised to get the vehicle location and confirm the 3/8 EDD after the previous we put it in a warehouse instead of on a train debacle.
SA texts back that my car will make it to the delivery center sometime in the next 72 hours and they’ll call and set up a new delivery pickup then.
I start celebrating as I hadn’t thought they’d manage to get it moving here from CA so quick.
Then I get a call from the delivery center and thank goodness the Springfield, NJ folks are on the ball. “We looked at your account and see someone messaged you that your car will be here in 72 hours” they say. “Unfortunately that’s just not true. Your car is still in CA.”

I think my jaw hit the floor. I mean I really shouldn’t be surprised at this point but hey, some things you just don’t think would happen to you twice in a row.

They then tell me that the car is being scheduled to be hauled by truck across the country but have no idea when or how it’ll actually get here because it’s not how Tesla normally moves cars cross-country. Luckily they’ve been looking for cars for me locally since the snafu last Friday and have located one that they can get here and I can pick up on 3/3.
New VIN is 178*** and has AMD and has not been rejected. Having read around this forum I ask how is one available and they tell me that it’s one meant for a buyer on the East Coast who did not pick a delivery date and not responded to any text or phone calls so the car was sitting. Weird that such a person exists (I’ve more of the refresh the Tesla app every 20 minutes sort) but at least my conscience feels relieved.

TL;DR, Tesla strikes again but thanks to the fine folks at Springfield I’m getting a car this week anyway.

Hope everyone’s having better luck than me!

M3LR/White/Black/18” - OD: 12/16/21 1st EDD: 2/2 - 3/2; 2nd EDD: 2/15 - 3/15; 3rd EDD: 2/22-3/22; 4th EDD: 2/22 - 3/7; 5th EDD: 2/28; 6th EDD: 3/8; 7th EDD: 72 hrs ???; 8th EDD: 3/3

Is anybody else getting crazy quotes for a simple 14-50 outlet install. My electrical panel is literally on the other side of the garage wall. Seems like electricians know this and have raised prices based on the Tesla Name lol
Yes. I got quoted $800 in CA a couple years back when it was just on the other side of the breaker box. As soon as you say Tesla they start $$$$

• Funny
Reactions: Misslove_143
Is anybody else getting crazy quotes for a simple 14-50 outlet install. My electrical panel is literally on the other side of the garage wall. Seems like electricians know this and have raised prices based on the Tesla Name lol

That’s why I didn’t get a Wall charger. I ordered a Chargepoint from my utility, and they put a $200 instant rebate on it. Now, when the electrician installs it Thursday, he won’t be able to make any assumptions about what car it’s for. 🤗

Reactions: Misslove_143
It will keep jumping around, maybe earlier but usually later.

Or luck will smile on you, and you’ll get it before your window even arrives.
I just looked at the spreadsheet and was pretty disappointed when I saw 2 ordered with the same configuration as mine already have a VIN and they ordered a few weeks after me 😞I just hope that means I’ll get lucky with the AMD chip and maybe they won’t lol jkjk

Woke up to new EDD of 3/1 - 3/13. I think it’s time to sell my car
Yeah, I got quoted $1,500. It’s literally like $150 in parts and a 2-3 hour one-person job. My panel is less than 10 feet away and has a free spot to put the 50amp breaker. Nothing complicated, just don’t trust myself doing my own electrical work. My commute is only 40 miles round trip and I have a free level 2 charger at work and at my gym that no one ever uses at the times I’m there so just gonna use that and the regular plug at home. $1,500 is outrageous.

That’s why I didn’t get a Wall charger. I ordered a Chargepoint from my utility, and they put a $200 instant rebate on it. Now, when the electrician installs it Thursday, he won’t be able to make any assumptions about what car it’s for. 🤗

I didn't get a wall charger b/c when I asked my SA said..."you don't need it...it will charge a little faster but if your charging over night what do you care if your sleeping anyway" and then I said no other benefits?...he said "if you leave your garage open it might look cool to your neighbors". LOL
True story...love that they are not on commission.

I didn't get a wall charger b/c when I asked my SA said..."you don't need it...it will charge a little faster but if your charging over night what do you care if your sleeping anyway" and then I said no other benefits?...he said "if you leave your garage open it might look cool to your neighbors". LOL
True story...love that they are not on commission.
I got it since I had to install a new service line and breaker box just outside of my garage. I figured I'd take the the 60amps if I had to get a new service line installed.

There is also a 30% tax credit associated with the wall connector.

Otherwise. I'm with you. If I could have used my existing breaker box I'd have just done a 240v on a 30 amp.

Reactions: BMWM3Man