Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anybody else getting crazy quotes for a simple 14-50 outlet install. My electrical panel is literally on the other side of the garage wall. Seems like electricians know this and have raised prices based on the Tesla Name lol
I paid 585 to bring to the opposite side of the 2 car garage. Hubble outlet and all. Best deal I could get compared to one who asked 900

Reactions: Misslove_143
Moving along! Delivery date has been set! Made final payment, scheduled delivery and just need to upload my insurance info tomorrow!
7F4339BE-0395-469E-B940-531B6E76CBEB.jpeg

Hello Everyone...
  • M3 LR, Red with Black interior, 18" Aero, no FSD
  • OD : 2/10
  • EDD: May 19 - June 16 (even though while ordering online it showed April 2022 delivery)
  • Location: Actual loc is Connecticut but since state is not licensed to sell, will be picking up in NY.
Selected "Cash" as payment (even though planning on financing) and completed all required information.

Meanwhile, getting the Nema 14-50 installed by this week, need to order the adaptor for the same and then the all-weather mats :)

VERY Excited (like everyone here) but the WAIT has just started.... huh !
Finally my first EDD refresh from the time of order and it isnt much of a difference...but hey something :)
  • OD : 2/10​
  • EDD #1: May 19 - June 16
  • EDD #2: May 4 - June 1
I am seeing better EDD for the later ODs than me but am also lot of discussions related to that it is very volatile at this scenario...so with all that I will just wait n watch for now and start bugging my SA when am near this time window.

Good luck for those got the VIN and very close to getting VIN!

• Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Is anybody else getting crazy quotes for a simple 14-50 outlet install. My electrical panel is literally on the other side of the garage wall. Seems like electricians know this and have raised prices based on the Tesla Name lol
I was quoted anywhere from 1340-4900 to run #6 wire in conduit, install 60 amp breaker and install a Tesla wall charger (owner supplied). Power service is on opposite side of the house so I’m good with 1340, haha.

it’s funny seeing guys drop 57k + on car but won’t spend 1-2k to have the quickest means of charging and never go to a gas station again, haha.

I was quoted anywhere from 1340-4900 to run #6 wire in conduit, install 60 amp breaker and install a Tesla wall charger (owner supplied). Power service is on opposite side of the house so I’m good with 1340, haha.

it’s funny seeing guys drop 57k + on car but won’t spend 1-2k to have the quickest means of charging and never go to a gas station again, haha.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have no problem getting an outlet installed at whatever it does cost but it would be silly for me not to do my homework to see the true price of the work. Electricians here the word Tesla or even EV charger and want to raise their prices. I will pay for quality work at a fair price.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have no problem getting an outlet installed at whatever it does cost but it would be silly for me not to do my homework to see the true price of the work. Electricians here the word Tesla or even EV charger and want to raise their prices. I will pay for quality work at a fair price.
If these quotes for $500 are including parts, you're getting a pretty decent deal. I installed my own charger less than 10 feet away from the panel and the cost of wire alone was around $150.

Is 57k supposed to be a lot of money? I guess it is for those who waste money, haha.

Last edited:
Truth.

Tesla quote was 1000$ for my wall charger install. No thanks.

New build home and had electricians coming out for a separate warranty matter. Asked them when the techs were out if they could do install as a side job. $500 and a Saturday morning later had it done. 60amp breaker install and line run in garage on same wall.

Also reminds me that it depends on your local code but most places require a permit to install the plug. Places like CA require it to be a certified electrician to file the permit and do the work for non-minor work which this qualifies as. The permit and panel calculation alone will usually run you between $100-$150. Add the same amount for a short wiring run in most garages with a main panel on the exterior, an hour of the electricians time, and travel to and from your location and you probably are around $500 for most installs.
However, doesn’t sound like you have a lot of wire being run. Generally speaking the split should be 60% material / 40% labor (may go more towards labor in remodel) for the actual job. If you find your quotes being heavily skewed to labor then it’s a strong indication to ask more questions and get more quotes.

Scheduled my delivery today 3/13. Gotta drive 5.5 hours to the closest dealership to get it. How far have some of you driven to pick up your car?
I feel your pain. My last two Tesla’s were CPO and Tesla refused to deliver them any closer so one was 5.5 and one was 8 hours away (of course that’s the one the master charger went out on).
Good luck, have fun, and don’t forget to note everything before you drive off since they only give you 100 miles to note everything.

Got the trade in text, call, and email today. I got a few other offers on my car but we shall see what Tesla offers me. They did confirm that by doing a trade in it will not delay the VIN
I ordered mine Jan 28, got the trade-in text on feb 17 and recently (2/26) an updated EDD of 3/3-3/17...still waiting on a VIN. Not sure if the trade in text is an indicator that your delivery is near, but fingers crossed!