Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. When I ordered in early Feb. the est. EDD for M3LR was March. On Valentines my EDD was pushed out to May. I know think that Tesla decided to prioritize $higher margin$ performance models and delay or slow manufacture of lower priced M3LR models in mid February.

Aren't the LR and Performance Models relatively similar? I thought they had similar motors and the battery was still 82Kwh. Sound system is the same, etc. I thought it came down to the performance wheels and some slight configuration differences. But I'm still new to it all, so I could be dead wrong. If so, the margin difference could be something -- e.g. top line cost. But it can't be that vast to muck with manufacturing strategy.

But 🤷.

Aren't the LR and Performance Models relatively similar? I thought they had similar motors and the battery was still 82Kwh. Sound system is the same, etc. I thought it came down to the performance wheels and some slight configuration differences. But I'm still new to it all, so I could be dead wrong. If so, the margin difference could be something -- e.g. top line cost. But it can't be that vast to muck with manufacturing strategy.

But 🤷.
I think the brakes are different, and LR has 990 motors (?) while the P has 980 motors.

But 🤷.
Margins is why the standard range models have longest wait times, longer than LR.

Hello everyone! Excited for everyone waiting for their delivery!! myself included
Order date 1/19/2022 - M3LR, White Exterior / White Interior, 18', No FSD, Orange County, CA

Original EDD: March 2022
2nd EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
3rd EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 15

Hoping it doesn’t get bumped back, like I have see it happen to others!
A quick morning update, as of this morning
Original EDD: March 2022
2nd EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 28
3rd EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 15
4th EDD: Mar 5 - Mar 28

No VIN assigned yet.