Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow (3/4) I am entering another estimated delivery window.
VIN or PUSHBACK?
We will see. ....
M3LR/MSM/18’’ Aero/Black Int/Autopilot/Carlsbad p/u./Tesla financing on OD
  • OD:1/23 ED#1: 3/12-3/31 (2.5 week window)
  • (1/29) ED#2: 2/23-3/23 (4 week window)
  • (2/15) Trade in Text
  • (2/21) ED#3: 2/24-3/10 (2 week window)
  • (2/25) ED#4: 2/27-3/23 (3.5 week window)
  • (2/26) ED#5: 3/1-3/15 (2 week window)
  • (3/2) ED#6: 3/4-3/18 (2 week window)
  • (?) VIN
remove financing.

I don’t have an option to put finance info until I get a VIN. How am I to apply for a loan before I get a VIN? Everything else has been filled out for two weeks. It could of been held up because I didn’t know which plate I wanted to transfer. They just got a pic of my registration to transfer two weeks ago. Maybe that’s why cause I was just asked to download the app after that.
You can get loan approval without a vin. The approval will be good for 30-60 days depending on the bank. Switch your payment to cash now and then have your SA change it back after you get a VIN

I don’t have an option to put finance info until I get a VIN. How am I to apply for a loan before I get a VIN? Everything else has been filled out for two weeks. It could of been held up because I didn’t know which plate I wanted to transfer. They just got a pic of my registration to transfer two weeks ago. Maybe that’s why cause I was just asked to download the app after that.
That's what I thought as well until I looked closer at it. It only asks some basic information like how much you're going to finance, what bank you're going to use etc.. Also lots of people have said you can just set it for cash and then change with your SA after getting a VIN. I would bet that this is what's putting others in line before you. I really wish they were more clear with the initial instructions for doing financing. It's hard to understand what exactly it is they want you to put in there.

Reactions: GOGR33N
M3LR / MSM / Black / Aero / No FSD
OD - 1/29
EDD1 - March 2022
EDD2 - 3/6 - 3/31
EDD3 - 3/5 - 3/19
EDD4 - 3/8 - 3/14 with VIN (192xxx - AMD Ryzen, new Li-on battery confirmed)
EDD5 - Received text to schedule delivery, options given were 3/14 or 3/15. Scheduled delivery for 3/14 at Austin TX

Tesla insurance quoted much lower than my current insurance, so will be going with them.
I did State Farm. I got quoted about $125 total including my renters insurance

Our delivery is supposed to be scheduled for tomorrow. Haven't heard a peep from anyone. With the delivery of our S 2 weeks ago, we had 2 calls by now making sure we'd be home, everything was good to go, etc. No attempt to even firm up the delivery time frame which is important as it is home delivery.

Reactions: Misslove_143
I got this message from Tesla just now and I ordered on 01/06. Any experience with this leading up to a VIN?

IMG_9519.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this but it is what it is. Delivery was scheduled for tomorrow, just received a call that my pick up needed to be postponed for two weeks since they felt that the front right panel needed repainted. It wasn't up to their standard according to the SA. I guess the positive is they are fixing it before I see it, but I was hoping quality issues were a thing of the past. And the waiting continues........

Reactions: GOGR33N
HAPPY HAPPY DAY!
VIN ASSIGNMENT

Model 3 Long Range
White on White w/o FSD
Delivery To Houston TX

Order Date: January 18 @ 11AM
EDD Updates:
1/18 - March 1 - March 31
1/30 - April 11 - May 9th
2/12 - March 18 - March 31
2/21 - March 5 - March 16
2/26 - March 11 - March 31
2/27 - March 11 - March 23
3/3 - Trade-In call Rcvd. VIN assigned 15 minutes later. And EDD 3/16-3/19!!!

That's what I thought as well until I looked closer at it. It only asks some basic information like how much you're going to finance, what bank you're going to use etc.. Also lots of people have said you can just set it for cash and then change with your SA after getting a VIN. I would bet that this is what's putting others in line before you. I really wish they were more clear with the initial instructions for doing financing. It's hard to understand what exactly it is they want you to put in there.
The app isn't helpful in this department so I went into my account on my Mac and it says this:

Payment Method
You have chosen to pay for your Tesla in full.

Reactions: Misslove_143
HAPPY HAPPY DAY!
VIN ASSIGNMENT

Model 3 Long Range
White on White w/o FSD
Delivery To Houston TX

Order Date: January 18 @ 11AM
EDD Updates:
1/18 - March 1 - March 31
1/30 - April 11 - May 9th
2/12 - March 18 - March 31
2/21 - March 5 - March 16
2/26 - March 11 - March 31
2/27 - March 11 - March 23
3/3 - Trade-In call Rcvd. VIN assigned 15 minutes later. And EDD 3/16-3/19!!!
Are you trading in?

I got the same call/text from my SA. But I told him I had previously rejected the trade in offer and asked if they were revising it.

Our delivery is supposed to be scheduled for tomorrow. Haven't heard a peep from anyone. With the delivery of our S 2 weeks ago, we had 2 calls by now making sure we'd be home, everything was good to go, etc. No attempt to even firm up the delivery time frame which is important as it is home delivery.
My home delivery is scheduled for Saturday and I also have not heard a single thing from Tesla since my VIN was assigned. I was expecting to get a timeframe but I've only been told March 5. I guess if I don't hear anything by noon tomorrow I'll reach out to them.