Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on what I see people posting here, I am in a small minority of people who didn’t order the Aero wheels. Bottom line I just thought the Sport wheels looked better so that was my little splurge. Thoughts?
In my garage I have 2 cars, both a darker color, one with black wheels, one with bright alloys. I have a daily reminder that I prefer the contrast of a dark car with bright wheels. The choice of choosing the contrasting Sport wheels with a blue exterior was easy. Was it worth $1,500? A new set of wheels could run well over $2,000, so yes. Did it delay my delivery? Most likely, yes.

Yeah, I think it's a combination of personal taste, and whether you care about the lost range. For me, I prefer the look of the 19s, but not for $1500. So I decided to order the aeros and spend extra on some 19" aftermarket wheels.
^ This answer for me. The savings goes a decent ways towards wheels I REALLY like.

Just took delivery of our M3 LR. I think from order to touch down it was about 5 weeks. I have to say the Aeros aren't as bad as I thought they would be on the car. I might have kept them if I didn't already have another set of wheels on order for it.

For those of you concerned about QC on these cars I have another data point. Of the S, Y and 3, I've purchased over the last 9 months, the 3 has been delivered in the best condition so far. So far I can't find any issues with it (wish my S had been the same Y). My Y delivered last year was amazingly good but I think the 3 actually has just as consistent panel gaps but actually narrower. As a result it gets the nod. I may have an issue with the lumbar support though.

Some initial driving impressions are:
  • It definitely feels a touch quicker than the Y with acceleration boost but even smoother in its acceleration curve. I do have to admit though the acceleration of the S has spoiled me and the first thing I did was look to see if acceleration boost was available. Surprisingly it wasn't available as an upgrade but after about 20 minutes it was. So hard to resist adding it already since I know what a difference it made on the Y.
  • It definitely is quieter than the ones I drove last year.
  • Suspension seems more compliant as well.
  • Overall the car just feels better when driving it than the 3's from last year.
  • TBH - on the roads I just drove on, the 3 actually rides better on some of them than the S does in comfort mode (softest setting). Last year the overall ride quality of the 3 felt could be better. I think she is going to like this one.
  • I miss the air suspension on the S already because of all the massive dips in the road. The 3 is pretty low and I think that will be an issue here unless going really slow through them.
  • I haven't hear any squeak, rattles or loose parts moving around. Again last year the 3's felt much worse.
I think I might enjoy driving the 3 (after getting boost) more than my S on a daily basis. After driving the Y and S so much, the 3 feels like you are driving a go cart.

If they come out with an M3 Plaid I am definitely onboard and please make it a hatchback!

I'll update if I find any major issues but looking good at the moment. I wish all of you as good of a delivery experience as I've had so far!

Got my VIN notification about an hour ago! Did all the tasks that I could. Can anyone tell me if the blue check mark is supposed to show up on the Review Agreements tab? I’ve reviewed them, saved them, printed them, etc but it doesn’t say completed there. Is that normal? Just want to make sure I don’t get held up for it.

——————————————————
M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/FSD
OD: 01/08

Original EDD: Mar 14~31
EDD 2: 4/1 - 4/30
EDD 3: 3/12 - 3/31
EDD 4 (02/28): 3/4 - 3/16
03/01 - Trade in offer text - declined trade in
03/04 - VIN assigned. New EDD established.
EDD 5 (03/04): 3/7 - 3/11

Attachments

• E1F28F88-29E9-4EDD-8B39-E956EDB10426.jpeg
    E1F28F88-29E9-4EDD-8B39-E956EDB10426.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 605B0990-31E5-4F5C-BCD2-6CAB4C277931.jpeg
    605B0990-31E5-4F5C-BCD2-6CAB4C277931.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: mshah59
In my garage I have 2 cars, both a darker color, one with black wheels, one with bright alloys. I have a daily reminder that I prefer the contrast of a dark car with bright wheels. The choice of choosing the contrasting Sport wheels with a blue exterior was easy. Was it worth $1,500? A new set of wheels could run well over $2,000, so yes. Did it delay my delivery? Most likely, yes.
That's how I decided as well. That contrast got me!

Reactions: cmy4x4
^ This answer for me. The savings goes a decent ways towards wheels I REALLY like.

Just took delivery of our M3 LR. I think from order to touch down it was about 5 weeks. I have to say the Aeros aren't as bad as I thought they would be on the car. I might have kept them if I didn't already have another set of wheels on order for it.

For those of you concerned about QC on these cars I have another data point. Of the S, Y and 3, I've purchased over the last 9 months, the 3 has been delivered in the best condition so far. So far I can't find any issues with it (wish my S had been the same Y). My Y delivered last year was amazingly good but I think the 3 actually has just as consistent panel gaps but actually narrower. As a result it gets the nod. I may have an issue with the lumbar support though.

Some initial driving impressions are:
  • It definitely feels a touch quicker than the Y with acceleration boost but even smoother in its acceleration curve. I do have to admit though the acceleration of the S has spoiled me and the first thing I did was look to see if acceleration boost was available. Surprisingly it wasn't available as an upgrade but after about 20 minutes it was. So hard to resist adding it already since I know what a difference it made on the Y.
  • It definitely is quieter than the ones I drove last year.
  • Suspension seems more compliant as well.
  • Overall the car just feels better when driving it than the 3's from last year.
  • TBH - on the roads I just drove on, the 3 actually rides better on some of them than the S does in comfort mode (softest setting). Last year the overall ride quality of the 3 felt could be better. I think she is going to like this one.
  • I miss the air suspension on the S already because of all the massive dips in the road. The 3 is pretty low and I think that will be an issue here unless going really slow through them.
  • I haven't hear any squeak, rattles or loose parts moving around. Again last year the 3's felt much worse.
I think I might enjoy driving the 3 (after getting boost) more than my S on a daily basis. After driving the Y and S so much, the 3 feels like you are driving a go cart.

If they come out with an M3 Plaid I am definitely onboard and please make it a hatchback!

I'll update if I find any major issues but looking good at the moment. I wish all of you as good of a delivery experience as I've had so far!
Well that's promising news! I also think it's very inspiring that you own 3 Teslas. 👍 You're just missing a Model X to complete the set.

I wanted to share the wheels I plan on getting. I really like the M3 all blacked out: Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3

remove financing.... it will help. I had a trade in and not screwed over.

i have a order pending from 12/31
I chose cash to begin with. Initially had a trade in and they gave me a value 3 days after ordering and it was half the amount of Carmax so I changed it to no trade in. Hopefully they'll be some update soon but from the sounds of it if you in the bay area, you get pushed out to end of each quarter :/

Another good experience directly contacting my Sales Associate. I received a VIN and EDD of March 10-16 on Monday.

I sent a text earlier today saying "Heya - Really looking forward to next week! Is there any update on when I may be able to schedule my delivery? Thanks a lot."

He called me shortly thereafter and told me that my vehicle hadn't left the factory. Even though I was seeing March 10-16, he saw March 11. He seemed happy to help me track it as it makes its way to Chicago.

TL;DR, talk with your SA. It's nice to have the personal touch, and a lot less maddening than hitting refresh over and over.