Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I might as well add myself to the list. The last time I was here I was working for a Hotel and trying to get them to add Destination Charging. I don't know if they ever did or not as I switched jobs not long after. Fast forward to now. Driving a '02 Crown Vic who is drinking me out of house and home with current fuel prices. I finally decided to push the Button. As of Mar 10, I am officially in line for a Model 3 RWD. Current EDD is 7/30 - 8/27.

It's making this a challenge, as yesterday the Vic decided to potentially blow its transmission. I think it knows its days are numbered...
I think you’ll get better info on the RWD model here. Good luck hope it gets filled fast man!

Reactions: DC_Wheels52
Picking up in Irvine. I called the store and they changed to pickup. Tuesday at 11 :)

have you guys noticed the wall connector price is reduced. I just bought mine last week at 550$. They said cannot adjust the price… was wondering if I return and buy again if they charge restocking fee if I return to the store … do you guys know ? I purchased my online

Picking up in Irvine. I called the store and they changed to pickup. Tuesday at 11 :)

have you guys noticed the wall connector price is reduced. I just bought mine last week at 550$. They said cannot adjust the price… was wondering if I return and buy again if they charge restocking fee if I return to the store … do you guys know ? I purchased my online
Do service centers even carry Tesla Shop stuff? They don’t strike me as somewhere you
can just buy something off the shelf.
Specifically, I have never seen a Tesla showroom or service center that had shelves. 😬
I think I would be more surprised if there was NO restocking fee.

With demand the way it is, they aren’t likely to fix this stuff before it leaves the factory any time soon. If it’s fixable at a service center, they could easily tighten QA but that would slow down delivery and we’d all be on here doing this anyway.
Sure, but this car cost almost twice as much as the Infiniti I traded in from when I bought it brand new. I wasn’t expecting the quality of fitment to be twice as good, but it isn’t even close to AS good. Plenty of manufacturers make luxury cars at higher volume, lower price and yet still with higher quality. Tesla’s (poor) build quality reputation is the outlier, not the norm.

Reactions: Gutta420
Is there any truth to the App updating EDD at 9am/pm EST? Is it just random times? Am I just checking it at 9:01 daily for nothing like a mad man....

Randomness rules this whole thread. Many of us check a lot more than once a day. Personally, I tried to limit myself to only checking every 3 hours. Even just in my own experience, updates came at any time of day or night.

Reactions: JB from the AZ
Randomness rules this whole thread. Many of us check a lot more than once a day. Personally, I tried to limit myself to only checking every 3 hours. Even just in my own experience, updates came at any time of day or night.
I have my 5th Tesla on order (MS in 2015, M3 in 2018, MY in 2020, MS in 2021, and M3 on 3/10.22). In my experience, the EDD updates every morning around 5 a.m. PST. That's it for the EDD. VINs, however, can show up at anytime.

Got an EDD update today! Crossing my fingers to hopefully it just keeps getting better!

Blue exterior, White Interior, Aero and no FSD
ODD: 02/22
Initial EDD: March
Feb 23 EDD: 05/21 - 06/18
Mar 12 EDD: 05/02 -05/30
Happy to see some updates from a fellow Bay Area member! This gives me hope that I’ll have an update soon with my order!

M3LR, MSM, Black Interior, 18" Aero, no FSD
OD 2/22
EDD 5/26 – 6/23