Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy to report that I took delivery today without incident! My wait time was only 36 days from order to delivery. I am still a bit stunned. It's hard to believe that the car in this photo is MINE and not some other LR MSM that I've passed on the street...

A few parts of the pickup experience that stuck out to me:

1.) I arrived right on time, but I ended up waiting 25-30 minutes while they got the vehicle ready.
2.) There was a small scratch on the right passenger door. The associates I worked with tried to remove them with some Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound, but one small scratch (1 inch, on the clear coat) still remains. I'm not displeased enough to pursue it any further.
3.) I used this checklist, partially at the dealer, and partially at home. I'm nearly all the way through it and everything is looking good! Tesla gives 1 day or 100 miles to report any defects.
4.) Driving the car home, it seemed like the close-object-warning sensors were still "calibrating." Anyone have any idea how long this takes?
5.) No significant panel gaps.

Wishing everyone here early and speedy deliveries!

View attachment 781397
The exact color and wheels that I ordered. Looks good.

Took delivery of the car today. 34 days from order to delivery.

Car was nearly perfect, just from frunk slightLy out of alignment and right rear light with wider gap. But what bother me the most is the lack of paint in the front door hinge area. Was really hoping was not the case, but indeed it is, and with blu color is quite obvious especially when you know is missing paint.

I did open service cases for all those including the missing paint, and will see if they will address. Im bringing the car to the center on Friday

beside those, driving it is really enjoyable. Never drove one before today delivery :)
autopilot works quite well, and i read the latest SW bring some improvements as well (i have 2022.3 installed)

good luck everybody. The wait is definitely worth it as somebody else already said

I got pushed way back this morning🥲

M3LR AWD White/int. Black /18" Aero

OD: 01/17/2022
EDD(01/17): March 2022
EDD(01/19): April 3 - May 1
EDD(01/27): March 16 - March 31
EDD(02/20): April 27 - May 25
EDD(02/25): March 14 - March 31
EDD(02/26): March 14 - March 28
TEXT(03/02): Tesla Trade-in Text
EDD(03/05): April 26 - May 26
I got a phone call today they had a car for me. VIN assigned and delivery date for this Saturday in Barrie. Flights booked to Toronto to pick it up, nothing worse than list minute march break flight prices lol

This VIN/Delivery came out of no where.

I got a phone call today they had a car for me. VIN assigned and delivery date for this Saturday in Barrie. Flights booked to Toronto to pick it up, nothing worse than list minute march break flight prices lol

This VIN/Delivery came out of no where.
Congrats! My EDD push back 2 months (to May) after trade in text. I lost hope after getting so close to getting my VIN (today is 10 days from prior EDD 6 day window)…thanks for keeping hope alive!

I received mine via text. I only really checked my app first thing in the morning for updates and my VIN text arrived at about 12:30pm
You check your app only once a day??? In the morning only??? Or just that morning? What restraint. By noon, the app would have been checked more times than I want to confess to.

I thought I was the only crazy one checking it as often as I do…until I joined this forum of fellow impatient people. It’s a nice feeling to be among like-minded people.

it’s
You check your app only once a day??? In the morning only??? Or just that morning? What restraint. By noon, the app would have been checked more times than I want to confess to.

I thought I was the only crazy one checking it as often as I do…until I joined this forum of fellow impatient people. It’s a nice feeling to be among like-minded people.
same for me. I check mine way to much in hope I will see activity haha

I’m in the same boat. I know better than to check but miracles do happen.

LOL I checked it constantly for the first 2 weeks but then I realized that it only updated once per day for me (usually around 5am local time), so I stopped checking it more than once in the mornings.

I actually refreshed this thread more often than I refreshed my app. It's so fun following along with everyone's delivery journey. I got more updates from here than I did with my app hahaha.

Zero updates to my EDD since ordering 3/4… others ordering at/around the same time with a similar or different experience?

M3LR / MSM / Aero / FSD / Massachusetts

EDD 5/24 - 6/21
Having no updates sucks. I went 3 weeks before getting an update on my order this morning. As far as I can tell, I cant see any patterns in the timing updates.

M3LR, MSM, Black Interior, 18" Aero, no FSD
OD: 2/22
EDD1: 5/26 – 6/23
EDD2: (3/15) 5/2 – 6/6

Another Update:

M3LR White/Black/18/noFSD
Scottsdale, AZ

OD: 2/3
EDD#1: 2/25-3/25
(2/27)EDD#2: 3/2-3/16
(3/3)EDD#3: 3/6-3/31
(3/4)EDD#4: 3/10-3-24
(3/11)EDD#5: 3/14-3/26

Hoping this is the week I get a VIN!!!
Well my positive thinking didn’t work this time haha.

Woke up the other morning to a delayed EDD.

However let’s continue the positive mindset… I will get my car this month… hopefully 🙏

Scottsdale, AZ

(3/4)EDD#4: 3/10-3/24
(3/15)EDD#6: 3/18-3/31

Reactions: elyk864
Well my positive thinking didn’t work this time haha.

Woke up the other morning to a delayed EDD.

However let’s continue the positive mindset… I will get my car this month… hopefully 🙏

Scottsdale, AZ

(3/4)EDD#4: 3/10-3/24
(3/15)EDD#6: 3/18-3/31
I’m in the west valley (Buckeye) and ordered two weeks after you. I’m still showing May, and that’s with FSD.

Reactions: Atg511