Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plot twist update for everyone. While waiting I had been skimming the online inventory and came across a 2018 model S fully loaded and FSD with only 10k miles. Same color and config as my model 3 and still under warranty. I was hesitant at first but after lots of research, the extra cargo space will be much more useful for my work life and it looks to be in mint condition so I pulled the trigger today. Once I take delivery I’ll most likely be cancelling my model 3 order and bumping some people after me up in line hopefully. I’ll post some pics of the car sitting on Long Island waiting for me currently.

Attachments

• 8A1E8D4A-7D65-4E0B-B4DB-FF2926058AF6.jpeg
    8A1E8D4A-7D65-4E0B-B4DB-FF2926058AF6.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 3098DB57-F415-4E65-959A-8DEF6CE2A752.jpeg
    3098DB57-F415-4E65-959A-8DEF6CE2A752.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 934602A1-7D6E-4252-8839-EC028D72FFB2.jpeg
    934602A1-7D6E-4252-8839-EC028D72FFB2.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 67
  • D916EB19-BCD0-4B26-9160-D52A01F0A02C.jpeg
    D916EB19-BCD0-4B26-9160-D52A01F0A02C.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 76
  • C9809585-586A-4698-B622-63A9F0331ECB.jpeg
    C9809585-586A-4698-B622-63A9F0331ECB.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 66
Plot twist update for everyone. While waiting I had been skimming the online inventory and came across a 2018 model S fully loaded and FSD with only 10k miles. Same color and config as my model 3 and still under warranty. I was hesitant at first but after lots of research, the extra cargo space will be much more useful for my work life and it looks to be in mint condition so I pulled the trigger today. Once I take delivery I’ll most likely be cancelling my model 3 order and bumping some people after me up in line hopefully. I’ll post some pics of the car sitting on Long Island waiting for me currently.
It’s a 100D, forgot to mention.

Reactions: Theraven
Depends. If you order before the recent price increases, it should be only the extra 1500, and supposedly still be in line (unless you are close to being assigned a vin).

I ordered before the last 2 price increases, but I changed my model 3 from RWD to LR after the price increases and was only charged the pre-increase 6k difference.

However, if there are any upgrades made to the model by Tesla in conjunction with the price increase, then your change will be charged the price increase.

Tesla advisor told me these info

Was wondering about changing out the wheels on the M3 LR from 18" to 19". Just went to local service center. 20" wheels look a lot better, but harsher ride and worse efficiency

Update! I texted my SA yesterday asking if he could see if there were any vehicles available close to my spec that were available for delivery ASAP and he found me one already on its way to Chicago 😁 The new M3LR is in Red Multi Coat with the 19"Sport Wheels. VIN was assigned right after I said I'd take it - 205xxx. Scheduled delivery for March 22 at 11am. I can't wait!!
Jealous… I literally don’t have an SA to text.

I'm not so sure about this.
There were articles in the press about priority for FSD, but you're right that the web site now shows no change in EDD for having FSD or not on Long Range and Performance. As a matter of fact, it doesn't matter what configuration I select; it's always July 2022. I guess the margins are already large enough on those vehicles.

Selecting FSD does affect the base Model 3 (May 2022 vs August 2022).

28 day wait??? Is that normal?
The Order Tracking Spreadsheet says that the average time between order and delivery is 51 days. Mine will be 47.

Reactions: Ajlepore and T-J-

Beautiful. if was similar in price to my M3 LR , would have pulled trigger as well

Was wondering about changing out the wheels on the M3 LR from 18" to 19". Just went to local service center. 20" wheels look a lot better, but harsher ride and worse efficiency

Yeah, as long as it is within the same model, you can change all you want and your price will be according to the "menu" as of the time you first order and not the current price.

I changed mine from rwd black interior to white and then back to black and then to LR, all within the span of a couple weeks and the price was according to whatever was listed as of my first order.

Where you will be on the queue once you change options, that is not quite so clear, cause although the SA said that I am still in front of those who order later, every time you change the options a new order agreement is created with a new order placed date shown.