Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It pays to have your items completed... including financing.

I ordered 1/3, black/black/18s/no FSD. Here in Toledo, OH.
The OG delivery date was something like Feb-March. Changed a couple times and ended up at 3/8-22. Then bumped to 4/5-5/?

I called support yesterday for the first time and spoke with someone who said my Tesla financing had expired and I should re-authorize that to make sure my profile was complete. Did that and a few hours later I get a text with my VIN! Scheduled delivery for this Saturday.

After ordering I completed all tasks, including financing through Tesla (not technically tesla but whatever). I suspect when that expired after 60 days is when my dates jumped.

FYI, I texted support to ask if my car had all the new's... AMD, 12v, double pane rear, wipers... He said yes. VIN# 207XXX
Highly skeptical of the double pane/laminated rear, because we haven’t seen those yet on model 3 (even from Shanghai AFAIK). I sincerely hope your advisor is correct

It pays to have your items completed... including financing.

I ordered 1/3, black/black/18s/no FSD. Here in Toledo, OH.
The OG delivery date was something like Feb-March. Changed a couple times and ended up at 3/8-22. Then bumped to 4/5-5/?

I called support yesterday for the first time and spoke with someone who said my Tesla financing had expired and I should re-authorize that to make sure my profile was complete. Did that and a few hours later I get a text with my VIN! Scheduled delivery for this Saturday.

After ordering I completed all tasks, including financing through Tesla (not technically tesla but whatever). I suspect when that expired after 60 days is when my dates jumped.

FYI, I texted support to ask if my car had all the new's... AMD, 12v, double pane rear, wipers... He said yes. VIN# 207XXX

Wonder if mine is. VIN of 206XXXX whats the 12v battery?

Mine have been great as well, and I don't expect proactivity from the SAs per se. But I do expect proactivity in some form during the purchase process. If I regress on my order (a trade-in valuation expires), I expect a notification. If I get a VIN assigned, I expect a notification. They don't do those things.

As for SAs being more active at delivery, I still don't expect proactivity on their part. It's really not their job to handle delivery. I'm two days away. I know the car is supposed to be at the showroom today because I called in a couple days ago. I'm just keeping an eye on the app, which currently tells me that they'll let me know when they have the number for my payment. I think that "letting me know" will take the form of the app updating. Even at the time of purchase, I'm the one who will be letting them know I'm there and ready to inspect, pay and accept the car. They just exist to allow me to complete the process.

I see people who have been sitting on their order for months and I wonder if they're supposed to be doing something - only they don't know it. They just assume that Tesla will proactively guide them through the process when Tesla is assuming that everyone will just keep checking the app. Tesla has stepped away from the dealership model so far that they think in terms of being more of a car vending machine than a company with customers.
It’s not the SA’s fault. They’re doing the job that Tesla is asking them to do and based on a conversation I had with one of them they’re asked to do a lot.

You guys are scaring me. I'm also picking up from Cincy. Ordered 2/11 and my EDD has been stuck on 5/3 - 5/31 for over a month now.
So you guys are going to hate me, but I’m in Cincy too and I just scheduled my delivery for next Monday, 3/28. Got my vin on 3/17. OD 2/13. My car is the same as drdavid’s except 19” wheels. I can’t believe that would make a difference, yet here we are.

Reactions: PinSeeker and T-J-
Been lurking for awhile.

OD: 2/12
EDD: 5/2 - 5/30

I ended up calling Sales and asking for an update. He told me what I already know, but then I said I am ready to get a car at anytime, and is there any way to get a car sooner, even one with a similar config to mine. He ended up looking it up and saying there are 2 white and 1 blue M3LR with the 19" rims in transit to delivery location. I went with the Blue one and he assigned the VIN to me right there on the call.

INCREDIBLY overwhelmed cause I had to get insurance and everything in order since the EDD turned to 3/21-3/25. But I am so glad I called and was able to find something close. I am a little sad I don't get the MSM, but blue was my next choice!

Been lurking for awhile.

I ended up calling Sales and asking for an update. He told me what I already know, but then I said I am ready to get a car at anytime, and is there any way to get a car sooner, even one with a similar config to mine. He ended up looking it up and saying there are 2 white and 1 blue M3LR with the 19" rims in transit to delivery location. I went with the Blue one and he assigned the VIN to me right there on the call.

INCREDIBLY overwhelmed cause I had to get insurance and everything in order since the EDD turned to 3/21-3/25. But I am so glad I called and was able to find something close. I am a little sad I don't get the MSM, but blue was my next choice!
Same situation I found myself in, but mine stayed as MSM! I ordered 2/24 and picked up 3/19.

Been lurking for awhile.

Where you at Xenos?

So people are just calling and intercepting deliveries? I can’t see them having extra cars headed to delivery centers with no customer attached to it.
Ive been wondering the same thing. Whenever i’ve called it has always been new cars that were used as loaners (few hundred miles). My assumption is that someone denied the vin and the system never auto assigned it to someone else?

So people are just calling and intercepting deliveries? I can’t see them having extra cars headed to delivery centers with no customer attached to it.
I'm pretty sure what happens is someone changes their order or cancels, I am also assuming because these cars usually had extra options on them like Sport rims and a color not included. I'm not exactly sure why I was able to get a car tbh, other than it not being my config and I agreed to take something else, but then you'd imagine someone else would have the config for the one I took so it would have went to the next in line. I am not sure.

I also wonder if its possible the system isn't automated for reassigning VINs so there just conveniently was 3 cars similar spec waiting to be reassigned. 🤷‍♂️