Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I decided to text my SA(because I am an impatient person). Got basically a boilerplate response. But I had to chuckle about the last line, “The best an most accurate timeline, and the one I follow as well is the timeline in your Tesla Account, it should be on the right side of the your Tesla Account near the 'Add full self driving' button.”

Yeah, way to go pushing that upgrade to full self driving. Sheesh!

Since I’m going with a model S instead of keeping my model 3 order, I have a set of OEM all weather mats and the center console inserts for model 3 new in box if anyone wants to save a few bucks. I’ll sell them both for 200, no tax, free shipping. I assume there’s some way to DM on here if anyone is interested.
Interested in these if they’re still available. I’m in Buffalo too and could save you that shipping cost ;)

Congrats! Wow—Looks awesome. Glad it all worked out for you. What was your OD?Gives me hope still when there’s some activity on this side. I’m in NC, so not too far. Was told by SA that this area was no longer going to get many shipments due to costs. Wish I would have ordered earlier. I’m hoping SA is wrong, so if you are in this east coast area and got a VIN/DD, please share so we can keep hope alive!
My OD was 1/31/22. I waited about 1 1/2 month…it does look like the EDDs are further out now…hopefully, you’ll get a car soon

finally put my order in for the Dual Motor Model 3, since my Mercedes lease is up at the end of June. Finally part of the Tesla crew kinda lol
D6B2E219-72E0-46F2-8ED4-E4C8FE744E3C.jpeg

First, the delivery process…not a fan at all. Way to many cars parked way to close together, IMO. At our initial delivery appt, the car was scuffed on a bumper. Long story short, we didn’t drive home with the car. I didn’t “refuse” it…they left it on my account and replaced the bumper. We went back several days later and finalized delivery. I will say that while the process was not great, the people (one in particular) were fantastic. The one rep really went out of her way to make my issues go away…and they paid for my ride back over to the service center to pick up the car on the second attempt…kudos to them.
We are of the same mind on this. You obviously picked up at Tyson's Corner. The cars are really wedged in there. Did you notice that there are another 20 or so inside the building, all packed in bumper to bumper? Probably more are somewhere else nearby. I suspect that the cars are being delivered pristine, but that the guys moving the cars around at the sales office are pretty likely to ding, rub or dent something every now and again - including the smudges on the interior of my car. Be sure to look for those on the fabric near your driver's seat.

I think the gal there is Kristin or Kristy (names...), and she was absolutely great. When I had to go to the bank to get my cashier's check, she offered to Uber me over and back. So I think the intent is to get Tesla up to really first rate service, but they're struggling against the tide of buyers and the need to move so many cars.

Congratulations on that beautiful car. You chose the correct color.

A reminder to folks that it really helps if you put a description of your order and date history in your forum signature. You won't be able to do that right away, but give it a few days and/or a few posts and then you will. When available, you can get to the option by clicking on your name at the top of the page, then clicking on the silhouette-gear icon, then clicking on Signature. Then type in your information and click on Save. Update as often as you have more information to share.

Hi all, just trying to get my post count up so I can access some features like the signature.

Placed an order on March 16, and my current EDD is 6/9-7/21. I have been following Tesla for years, and always dreamed of being able to own one, and it's finally happening! Sorry I'm not contributing much to the discussion here, but I've been reading everyone's stories and experiences with delivery. Thanks everyone for providing so much information, especially that master tracking spreadsheet. Here's my configuration if anyone is interested:
M3 LR AWD
MSM Black Interior 18"Aero
No FSD (but may add later)

We are of the same mind on this. You obviously picked up at Tyson's Corner. The cars are really wedged in there. Did you notice that there are another 20 or so inside the building, all packed in bumper to bumper? Probably more are somewhere else nearby. I suspect that the cars are being delivered pristine, but that the guys moving the cars around at the sales office are pretty likely to ding, rub or dent something every now and again - including the smudges on the interior of my car. Be sure to look for those on the fabric near your driver's seat.

I think the gal there is Kristin or Kristy (names...), and she was absolutely great. When I had to go to the bank to get my cashier's check, she offered to Uber me over and back. So I think the intent is to get Tesla up to really first rate service, but they're struggling against the tide of buyers and the need to move so many cars.

Congratulations on that beautiful car. You chose the correct color.

A reminder to folks that it really helps if you put a description of your order and date history in your forum signature. You won't be able to do that right away, but give it a few days and/or a few posts and then you will. When available, you can get to the option by clicking on your name at the top of the page, then clicking on the silhouette-gear icon, then clicking on Signature. Then type in your information and click on Save. Update as often as you have more information to share.
Would you all recommend changing from Tyson’s to Rockville for delivery then?

Would you all recommend changing from Tyson’s to Rockville for delivery then?
Perhaps you should ask that of people who have recently taken delivery at Rockville. It might be a dream or a nightmare. Tyson's is just tight. The staff seems to be doing their level best under the circumstances. Besides, you have Brazilian Army Commission directly opposite from the pickup location.

Oh, and given that your delivery is likely another month out, things may change at each site. They may find a better way of making the cars available.

M3LR, White, Black, 18" wheels
OD: 3/9
5/28-6/25
today 5/13-6/17

Just been 2 weeks since ordering, but price has increased $3500 since then, so I am pretty happy about that.
Supposed to leave for summer in MN on May 22, hoping it is possible to take delivery by then.
We ordered ours on the 8th. Same config with FSD.
Our edd is still May 29 - June 26.

We are in Oregon, currently on a road trip from Portland to Phoenix to Grand Canyon to Zion and then back home. Seeing all the Teslas on the road has me just aching to get our car.

Reactions: JB from the AZ
Once I get my post count up I can update my signature. Got my first EDD update today, September 11 - November 6.

Order placed on 3/20 and original estimate was July.

M3 LR AWD
White Black Interior 18" Aero
No FSD
Woah that's a brutal jump, particularly for the most common configuration. Will be interesting to see if this is a fluke or if others start to report huge delays.

M3 LR AWD
Red Multicoat
Black interior
18" aeros
No FSD
Cash purchase
Located in Laramie WY

Order Date: 01/18
EDD @ OD: April 9 - May 7
EDD has not budged, no VIN yet
The *only* pick up location I was presented as an option was 6 hrs away in Salt Lake City UT
(I'm pretty sure there's a CO location closer, but I don't know why it wasn't an option)
Now checking the Tesla App and these forums obsessively

Reactions: Teleezen
I am also obsessively watching this discussion. I ordered my M3LR/MSM/Black/18/no FSD 03/08. My EDD has not changed at all from May 30-June 26. I am so excited to get it, I do wonder how their system works. There really is no obvious determination of delivery or updates. I have seen a few that ordered after me that are further east, with additional updates with a closer window? Discussion boards like these have to be fueling the aggravation of waiting for a Tesla. LOL. I was settled on waiting for May/June until I saw others getting quicker delivery, now I am checking for an update at least 4-5 times a day.

Woah that's a brutal jump, particularly for the most common configuration. Will be interesting to see if this is a fluke or if others start to report huge delays.

That's what I thought too, though I admit with this whole end of quarter thing I was mentally prepared for it to possibly creep to the end of September. I've seen other people with way shorter timelines that ordered 7-10 days in front of me so maybe they got hit with an influx of orders with the gas prices? 🤷‍♀️