Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is still estimated 9/11 - 11/6. I keep refreshing these forums to see if someone else has an insanely far out EDD as I do (and also creating a reason to post so I can have a signature someday), but so far no one. I'm in Seattle, WA.
Yikes that seems really long. I wonder why that is? I’m also in Seattle and ordered on 3/14. My EDD hasn’t changed from 6/7-7/19

My EDD is still estimated 9/11 - 11/6. I keep refreshing these forums to see if someone else has an insanely far out EDD as I do (and also creating a reason to post so I can have a signature someday), but so far no one. I'm in Seattle, WA.
I’ve been on here since mid-Feb and have never seen anyone out that far. Something seems wrong. I’d contact Tesla via phone and see if they can see something wrong on their end. They’ve been good the couple times I have called. Typical issues I’ve seen is you left something out of the application process - either incomplete financing option or trade-in info.

I’m taking delivery in less than 48 hours. I’m excited to open this tomorrow and see it lit up so I can complete this part.
Interesting and congrats! I have the same config except with the 18" aeros. I've called a couple of times to see if they had any in stock and they always said there are a couple just with the 19" sport wheels. I think the the sport wheels are more widely available.

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
I’m used to going into the finance office. Being offered gap protection, extended warranties and putting in an hour and a half trying to get my car. Is it really that easy? Will I really not interact with anyone from the dealership? No offer of extended warranty or gap?
Nope, no rubbish. The Tesla model is to give you time to get everything organized before the car arrives. So you will probably spend a lot more time getting everything sorted out, but you'll do it over time, from the convenience of your home, without being rushed. If you're financing, then you'll have to deal with someone who wants to lend you money and you'll have to stay as diligent as ever, but at least you'll be able to shop around and find a deal that you like.

In short, you show up, find your car, look it over, accept the terms of the sale, and off you go. It can be complicated by the laws of your state, a trade-in, how you pay, etc, but they want to make it as painless as possible. The clip of somebody showing up, pushing a button and leaving is probably specific to a state where they allow that. My state does not. I signed my name to pieces of paper maybe 9 or 10 times, had to hand over a cashier's check, and needed to remove license plates from my trade-in.

One downside to the Tesla model is that you don't test drive the actual vehicle that you're buying. In my case, I looked over the exterior, took delivery, then did the complete inspection. Given the difficulty of obtaining one of these cars, there was no chance I was going to turn the vehicle down for anything less than a missing interior. Whatever deficiencies you find goes into a service appointment that you can schedule through the app. They really go all-in with the online treatment.

One downside to the Tesla model is that you don't test drive the actual vehicle that you're buying. In my case, I looked over the exterior, took delivery, then did the complete inspection. Given the difficulty of obtaining one of these cars, there was no chance I was going to turn the vehicle down for anything less than a missing interior. Whatever deficiencies you find goes into a service appointment that you can schedule through the app. They really go all-in with the online treatment.
I feel the same about not turning the car down unless you absolutely have to but one thing to keep in mind is many of us are not close to our service center. For me, it's three hours each way. I'm not going to be thrilled with having to go back there to get these issues addressed. With that said, I just want my car, flaws and all! :)

Reactions: jpaychek
I feel the same about not turning the car down unless you absolutely have to but one thing to keep in mind is many of us are not close to our service center. For me, it's three hours each way. I'm not going to be thrilled with having to go back there to get these issues addressed. With that said, I just want my car, flaws and all! :)

My nearest service center is just 20 minutes away but I still want to avoid taking my 3 there like the plague as my experiences thus far have been less than stellar, to say the least.

good stuff, all the same details as you, besides white int. Blue gang in NJ

My OD was 03/08 and EDD 5/22 - 6/19. Hasn't changed. has your EDD changed at all since ordering?
I believe when I first ordered it was from 5/25 to 6/22. So it has updated to come closer a week? Overall I don't really consider it a significant change.

I absolutely love the Tesla blue. Looking forward to getting it stealth wrapped once I pick it up. :D