Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, this is my take on things. No VIN’s reported lately and EDD’s somewhat stabilized for most of us. GigaTexas goes online April 7th with no M3’s slated to be produced there, only the new MY’s. Fremont produces M3’s and MY’s at a rate of 8,550 a week.
What if GigaTexas is going to produce the new MY’s and Fremont shifts to M3’s only. That would be a huge increase of M3’s hence the stabilized EDD’s and SA’s constantly saying the EDD you have is the time frame you’ll receive your order. If that’s so, my EDD shows a delivery date between May 6th and June 3rd. I should expect a VIN (as well as many others) in the next 2-3 weeks. Perhaps the dam is about to break? 🤞

Ok, this is my take on things. No VIN’s reported lately and EDD’s somewhat stabilized for most of us. GigaTexas goes online April 7th with no M3’s slated to be produced there, only the new MY’s. Fremont produces M3’s and MY’s at a rate of 8,550 a week.
What if GigaTexas is going to produce the new MY’s and Fremont shifts to M3’s only. That would be a huge increase of M3’s hence the stabilized EDD’s and SA’s constantly saying the EDD you have is the time frame you’ll receive your order. If that’s so, my EDD shows a delivery date between May 6th and June 3rd. I should expect a VIN (as well as many others) in the next 2-3 weeks. Perhaps the dam is about to break? 🤞
I would think Fremont would still produce some Ys, at least until Texas is running at full capacity. The Y is also the more popular model of the two (crossover things) so they’ll want all the capacity they can get to build more Ys.

Reactions: Teleezen
Hello all,

I've had a CPO Tesla before, have never ordered a new one, so this is a different experience. Since this seems to be the place to measure production/delivery estimates, I'll share that I ordered a black/black M3LR with sport wheels (no FSD) on 3/27, initially got a vague June-Aug delivery date, which a few days later sharpened to 6/4-7/16 (and I'm in the mid-Atlantic).

Hope that helps,

Todd
Dang you ordered after me and got an earlier EDD even though I’m on the west coast, so much closer to the factory. 😤😅

Here‘s my two cents…I think your idea is the best case scenario for us M3 buyers. But I think Texas will focus on MYs with the new battery packs, which will either be the MYLR or some other new entry version. The MYPs aren’t getting the new battery packs yet and will still probably be manufactured at Fremont. This would still help free up the Fremont assembly line to shift over to M3 production. The worst case scenario is that they’ll shift to producing more MS and MX instead. More than likely we’ll end up somewhere between these two scenarios.

But I‘m an optimist and hope your theory is right!

I hope you are correct. OD 2/16 and eta late April to May right now. Would love to get it first part of May.

Reactions: Theraven
Hello all,

I've had a CPO Tesla before, have never ordered a new one, so this is a different experience. Since this seems to be the place to measure production/delivery estimates, I'll share that I ordered a black/black M3LR with sport wheels (no FSD) on 3/27, initially got a vague June-Aug delivery date, which a few days later sharpened to 6/4-7/16 (and I'm in the mid-Atlantic).

Hope that helps,

Todd
Fill out an entry on the spreadsheet that tracks order timelines, the more people that fill it out, the better it is! Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1

There is a google form link at the top you can click to enter in your data, once anything updates (like a VIN being assigned), you can go back and click the same link to edit your response to include that.