Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would guess Texas will be building the new Model Y Standard range model for a little while until they are fully ramped up and can add the Y LR with the new structural battery later.

So for now probably no change in production volumes at Fremont.

yeah honestly, I don't see M3 production speeding up anytime soon. I think it's going to be a little while longer before Texas can offset the demand for vehicles coming out of fremont. Just my opinion
Yeah, I totally agree. I was optimistically hoping for increased M3 production at Fremont with Austin coming online but fully expected no change whatsoever. Now I just hope that my EDD doesn’t get push pushed further.

Seeing mention of payment type above makes me wonder.... I put in the application for the Tesla financing through the app, but the rate (though good) wasn't the lowest I could get. I did NOT accept it; it's just sitting there ("CONFIRM" is the only choice). Should I do something about that, since I don't plan to use Tesla financing?

Seeing mention of payment type above makes me wonder.... I put in the application for the Tesla financing through the app, but the rate (though good) wasn't the lowest I could get. I did NOT accept it; it's just sitting there ("CONFIRM" is the only choice). Should I do something about that, since I don't plan to use Tesla financing?
Usually the advice on here is to just choose the cash option, then you can always swap to your preferred method when you decide

I just didn’t select/confirm anything and just completed all the sections before payment. I wonder if that affects my EDD progress…
You want everything to be marked as completed. Even if you need to change it later, you'll want to be sure there is no reason for the order to be delayed. Do you see "View" as your main option when opening the app?

Reactions: E90alex
Order date: 3/24, MSM, black interior, 18" wheels, no FSD. Original date was July-August. One update since, saying June 15-July 27.

Are you automatically assigned an SA? How long after order do you get one? I haven't been contacted by anybody
You should have received a text from Tesla when you placed your order. You can reply to that text to chat with an SA.

Has anyone tried that so called trick online to see if your car has been assigned a vin before it is actually posted onto your account? I have tried it hoping it would show me so i can get the credit union financing done and give the von number to my insurance but honestly not sure if Tesla heard about that and has blocked that feature.

Has anyone tried that so called trick online to see if your car has been assigned a vin before it is actually posted onto your account? I have tried it hoping it would show me so i can get the credit union financing done and give the von number to my insurance but honestly not sure if Tesla heard about that and has blocked that feature.
What trick are you referring to?

There is no rush. If the VIN is not showing through the app then delivery is not imminent and you shouldn’t be applying for loan or adding to insurance yet. Those tasks are relatively quick to do and you’ll have plenty of time to do so once the VIN actually shows up.