Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was your payment set to before you changed to cash?
Financing thru Tesla. I made a mistake to select financing. Need to setup Cash. Can always do financing when the VIN arrives. Financing expires before you get the VIN and you have to redo it. The smoothest method is to setup cash with no trade-in. This simplifies things eliminating any potential snags like expired financing option or odometer not properly updated. Of course, some need these options but the simplest i the easiest.

Reactions: Celus
Has anyone tried that so called trick online to see if your car has been assigned a vin before it is actually posted onto your account? I have tried it hoping it would show me so i can get the credit union financing done and give the von number to my insurance but honestly not sure if Tesla heard about that and has blocked that feature.
I've tried it almost daily....with no success on a VIN. :(

I've tried it almost daily....with no success on a VIN
Unfortunately I try daily as well just hoping to see it pop up. One would hope being near the Northern California area they would be quicker getting to the locations only a hop skip and a jump up the freeway but I have seen several out of state members having earlier EDD times than I do with similar OD dates. Definitely being on here tests peoples patience for sure. Hoping they start unloading handfuls a day to catch up. Does any know a way to see where you stand in the build que?

today is 1 month since my order.

m3 LR White with Black interior. aero and FSD

OD - 3/8/2022
EDD - May 29 - June 26

No updates since ordering. Seeing peoples dates slips makes me nervous, hoping mine will update l soon. Hopefully when it does, it’s in the right direction
Well I ordered one month before you (2/7) and your EDD is before mine...go figure.

Reactions: mystryman007
Anyone else hit 100 days since their order date or is it just me?
I saw a guy in the order spreadsheet who ordered your car on the same date from Austin, Texas. He took delivery at the beginning of March. You must have had some incomplete task or something that caused your order to be delayed until Russia invaded Ukraine. Then all the orders flooded in. Your configuration is close to minimum, and that means that Tesla isn't going to put a lot of priority on it. People ordering loaded Model 3s are going to get their cars first.
Does any know a way to see where you stand in the build que?
If there was one, everyone would be watching it like starved dogs at a butcher's shop. Personally, I don't believe that a build queue exists. The circumstances around production are probably too fluid to bother maintaining such a thing. They have a database of orders with configurations, financing and destinations, along with information about transport via train and truck, and each time they finish a run of cars they run some software that looks over the orders database and figures out the next batch of vehicles that they can build so as to maximize profit.

What are the relative prices of the vehicles? He has FSD on his. That's $12,000 in pure profit for Tesla.

Putting your order details in your signature would be appreciated.
Excuse me?
$12,000 in pure profit?
So, Tesla isn't spending any money on FSD? No writing software? No employees testing?
I can't imaging the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars Tesla has spent on FSD.
It's far from "pure profit".

Excuse me?
$12,000 in pure profit?
So, Tesla isn't spending any money on FSD? No writing software? No employees testing?
I can't imaging the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars Tesla has spent on FSD.
Well we all know it's not worth it, let's just agree on that. And it probably is pure profit since Elon is pretty much making the public fund R & D AND beta test... genius.

Well we all know it's not worth it, let's just agree on that. And it probably is pure profit since Elon is pretty much making the public fund R & D AND beta test... genius.
My last comment on this, since I want to keep this thread on topic...
1. No, I won't agree that it's not worth it. I purchased FSD. Others have purchased FSD. Clearly some of us think it's worth it.
2. Again, it's not pure profit. All of the employees working on FSD have to be PAID. Computers purchased. Profit is money that goes into the bank.
3. Making the public beta test isn't something new. Have you looked on Steam lately? See the number of games you can buy that are in beta? Also, having the public test something like FSD is a really good idea. A bunch of software engineers can only come up with some many testing situations. Placing the software into the real world allows the product to come across all kinds of situations that they cannot replicate.

Ok, done on this topic.
On the positive side, I'm two days away from the beginning of my latest EDD. Wonder if they give VINS out on the weekend?

Last edited:
On the positive side, I'm two day away from the beginning of my latest EDD. Wonder if they give VINS out on the weekend?
I took a quick look at the spreadsheet and found several weekend VIN deliveries. I noticed a lot of Thursday, Friday and Tuesday VIN deliveries but I only looked at around 100 orders.

My last comment on this, since I want to keep this thread on topic...
1. No, I won't agree that it's not worth it. I purchased FSD. Others have purchased FSD. Clearly some of us think it's worth it.
2. Again, it's not pure profit. All of the employees working on FSD have to be PAID. Computers purchased. Profit is money that goes into the bank.
3. Making the public beta test isn't something new. Have you looked on Steam lately? See the number of games you can buy that are in beta? Also, having the public test something like FSD is a really good idea. A bunch of software engineers can only come up with some many testing situations. Placing the software into the real world allows the product to come across all kinds of situations that they cannot replicate.

Ok, done on this topic.
On the positive side, I'm two days away from the beginning of my latest EDD. Wonder if they give VINS out on the weekend?
I’m hoping that you do get a VIN, would be good to see more Feb orders get deliveries soon

As far as the production process is concerned, yes, pure profit. That's the essential point here. At no time would I argue that the research and development costs are small.
And it probably is pure profit since Elon is pretty much making the public fund R & D AND beta test... genius.
I'm not sure if this is a dig against Tesla suggesting that they're using government funding, but they aren't. Tesla picked up $465 million from the Department of Energy in January 2010. The terms were terrible, so Tesla paid it back early in May 2013 (and was charged for early repayment).[1]

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek