Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that you that always talks about a signature? I don't know how to do that and I can't see a signature...I can't see anyones signature.
Here's where I describe setting up a signature.

If you're viewing the forums from a phone, I'm not sure how to get them visible. I seem to recall someone saying that working in landscape mode shows them. In any case, make sure you have signatures set to display in your preferences.

Preferences can be reached by clicking on your name at the top of the page, clicking on the silhouette/gear icon, then clicking on "Preferences". In the "Content options" section you'll see a checkbox for "Show people's signatures with their messages". Make sure that's checked.

My last comment on this, since I want to keep this thread on topic...
1. No, I won't agree that it's not worth it. I purchased FSD. Others have purchased FSD. Clearly some of us think it's worth it.
2. Again, it's not pure profit. All of the employees working on FSD have to be PAID. Computers purchased. Profit is money that goes into the bank.
3. Making the public beta test isn't something new. Have you looked on Steam lately? See the number of games you can buy that are in beta? Also, having the public test something like FSD is a really good idea. A bunch of software engineers can only come up with some many testing situations. Placing the software into the real world allows the product to come across all kinds of situations that they cannot replicate.

Ok, done on this topic.
On the positive side, I'm two days away from the beginning of my latest EDD. Wonder if they give VINS out on the weekend?
Don't know anything about steam as I don't play video games but I'm sure they aren't full price in beta form. All I'm saying is I think it's foolish to pay for an unfinished product with the hope and expectation that it will be finished soon. How long has Elon been promising fsd? It is nowhere near fruition and yet he keeps raising the price...seems shady to me. That's all I'm saying and it's just my opinion.

It's crazy to me how no matter what Tesla does y'all are just so team Tesla like they can do no wrong. If Ford or Chevy pulled this their heads would roll and you know I'm not lying. Whatever floats your boat I guess but don't get upset at others who call a spade a spade. I'm tired of this company it's just lies after lies and the straw that broke the camels back was me getting pushed back in favor of those who ordered fsd even though I ordered months before them. Basically saying f me and my money and that's terrible business in my eyes.

It's just like the analogy I used last time, if you're standing in line at the grocery store and have been for 20 minutes patiently waiting for your turn but you only have a few things....someone comes up behind you with a cart full and the cashier asks you to step aside and let them through since they're spending more money even though you've waited longer...pure unadulterated bs. I have the cheaper lr build before the price hikes and as soon as I get the pos it's for sale. I may as well cash in just like they're doing. And you can downvote me and dislike all you want but deep down you know I'm right.

Last edited:
Sad morning. My 2-week window EDD was pushed back again. I don't understand why Tesla cannot provide accurate EDD as other brands do. It should not be a difficult task for Tesla. For me, it seems Tesla is just playing with random numbers for EDD, while the accurate EDD in their backend system never changes. Another possible reason is, they keep changing the EDD just because they want to deliver orders with larger margins first, e.g., new orders with higher price, orders adding FSD, etc, which pushes back my order over and over...

Besides, is Tesla hoping customers to cancel their orders of lower prices, due to losing patience? I cannot literally find a reason for this keep changing EDDs.....

M3LR
Pearl White Multi-Coat
Black Int
19'' Sport Wheels
No FSD

OD: 2/12/2022
EDD#1: 4/22 - 5/20
EDD#2: 3/17 - 3/27
EDD#3: 4/18 - 5/23
EDD#4 (4/1): 4/4 - 4/18
EDD#5 (4/5): 4/21 - 5/19

Tesla updates EDD during the weekends....

Got my 6th EDD update: EDD#6(4/9): 4/12-4/26. Seems Tesla updates my EDD every 4 days. Lol...

Don't know anything about steam as I don't play video games but I'm sure they aren't full price in beta form. All I'm saying is I think it's foolish to pay for an unfinished product with the hope and expectation that it will be finished soon. How long has Elon been promising fsd? It is nowhere near fruition and yet he keeps raising the price...seems shady to me. That's all I'm saying and it's just my opinion.

It's crazy to me how no matter what Tesla does y'all are just so team Tesla like they can do no wrong. If Ford or Chevy pulled this their heads would roll and you know I'm not lying. Whatever floats your boat I guess but don't get upset at others who call a spade a spade. I'm tired of this company it's just lies after lies and the straw that broke the camels back was me getting pushed back in favor of those who ordered fsd even though I ordered months before them. Basically saying f me and my money and that's terrible business in my eyes.

It's just like the analogy I used last time, if you're standing in line at the grocery store and have been for 20 minutes patiently waiting for your turn but you only have a few things....someone comes up behind you with a cart full and the cashier asks you to step aside and let them through since they're spending more money even though you've waited longer...pure unadulterated bs. I have the cheaper lr build before the price hikes and as soon as I get the pos it's for sale. I may as well cash in just like they're doing. And you can downvote me and dislike all you want but deep down you know I'm right.
I wonder how much is that true. They do prioritize more expensive builds for sure, but my EDD is about the same as other people I know without FSD, and has been the same since OD. I got the FSD because I wanted EAP that I can't buy separately now, I'm pretty sure more people did, so that's an easy cash grab for them. What other car are you getting though?

I had originally ordered a Model Y RWD. They decided not to make it and canceled my order. Was told I could order a new one but my order goes to the back of the line. Took them awhile to get me my $2500 refund too. So over 2 years I am waiting for a Tesla and now hoping to see a M3 before July 4th. Im only 30 days into my new order.

I'm tired of this company it's just lies after lies and the straw that broke the camels back was me getting pushed back in favor of those who ordered fsd even though I ordered months before them. Basically saying f me and my money and that's terrible business in my eyes.
Unfortunately this is what most car companies are doing. I went shopping with my brother for a honda accord a few months ago, they literally don't even offer base trims anymore. We went to Acura afterwards and every car was bumped up from 5k of the MSRP. At least Tesla is transparent about how much the car is going to cost

Excuse me?
$12,000 in pure profit?
So, Tesla isn't spending any money on FSD? No writing software? No employees testing?
I can't imaging the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars Tesla has spent on FSD.
It's far from "pure profit".
One of the most powerful computers in the world - some of the smartest AI engineers in the world's most competitive labor market (Literally just 2 years of experience with a masters can net you 500k per annum salary as an AI engineer in the bay area) Just the paychecks alone would be 200 million a year at least (I also work in a top 5 tech company, in the AI department - so I know) infrastructure - computers etc would be another several hundred million.

And these will be recurring costs - however 150k people have purchased FSD so far assuming an 8000$ avg cost that comes to around 1.2 billion. So FSD is probably breaking even.

I am personally getting the car for its top notch ADAS (or AP and maybe FSD) system in the market plus supercharger network. Market prices pre-owned FSD at around 3k so yes, its perceived value is way lower than actual estimated value, but growth companies often invest in future technologies for incremental profits later on.