Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us waiting for M3LR in Red Multicoat, here are some tidbits gleaned out of the Tracker Spreadsheet:

The average wait time from order date to delivery for 2021 M3LRs in Red Multicoat orders reported to the tracker was about 52 days.

Days
Sample Size
Notes
2021 Avg Order to VIN
47.38888889​
n=36Two entries have no VIN as yet
2021 Avg Order to Delivery
51.97058824​
n=34Four entries have no delivery date as yet
2021 Q4 Avg Order to VIN
48​
n=4One entry has no VIN as yet
2021 Q4 Avg Order to Delivery
42​
n=2Four entries have no delivery date as yet

There appear to be thirty-seven (37) of us who have ordered in red who are waiting for deliveries and have reported our data in the spreadsheet. Some of us have been waiting a very long time.

Orders Still Open
Order DateDays Since As At Apr 11 2022
4 Aug 2021
250​
14 Nov 2021
148​
22 Nov 2021
140​
8 Dec 2021
124​
4 Jan 2022
97​
18 Jan 2022
83​
24 Jan 2022
77​
30 Jan 2022
71​
3 Feb 2022
67​
10 Feb 2022
60​
13 Feb 2022
57​
17 Feb 2022
53​
21 Feb 2022
49​
24 Feb 2022
46​
25 Feb 2022
45​
27 Feb 2022
43​
1 Mar 2022
41​
4 Mar 2022
38​
6 Mar 2022
36​
14 Mar 2022
28​
16 Mar 2022
26​
17 Mar 2022
25​
19 Mar 2022
23​
21 Mar 2022
21​
23 Mar 2022
19​
29 Mar 2022
13​
2 Apr 2022
9​
5 Apr 2022
6​

I draw no conclusions from the above other than: 1) I don't really know anything about statistics or data, and 2) the wait is driving me nuts.
How do you get your hands on this data??

I'm picking up at the Glendale location.
FYI, you might want to add your OD and EDD's in your signature. It helps everyone see what EDD's and order times are.
Yes, it sucks getting so close then having it pulled out from underneath you. I'm focusing on mid-May now.
Cool! That’s also the location I’m picking up from. Yes it seems that getting it at the beginning of may be a little unrealistic.

Edit: Oh I did miss that in my signature! Adding it now, thank you😊

Fingers crossed still that it comes within that window 🤞🏼

How often do your guys SAs give you updates. or you have to bother them? and how did you get your SAs phone number all i got was an email that he never responds to
They dont give updates unless asked... (at least that is how the case is with me) I would think they would give an update when the VIN is available and when its time to schedule a delivery. As for the number, it is the initial text you get "welcome to the tesla family etc" so you can text that number you got and the SA will reach out to you

They dont give updates unless asked... (at least that is how the case is with me) I would think they would give an update when the VIN is available and when its time to schedule a delivery. As for the number, it is the initial text you get "welcome to the tesla family etc" so you can text that number you got and the SA will reach out to you
They do update you when you get a VIN, via text/email.

Reactions: doodlebob424
Tomorrow is two weeks until the first day of my EDD. It has been sitting at April 26- May 24th since I ordered.

Should I be expecting to see a shortened EDD window soon? When did everyone see their EDD shortened to a two week window?
I am in a similar position as you. My EDD is April 28- May 26 so its quite close to yours and its been dead silent on my front. I would assume we both will know the week of our earliest EDD if its been pushed back or if we both receive VIN's. Lets see what happens. @T-J- was very close and then pushed again by a month so the same could happen to us.

Reactions: GabixKay and T-J-
Seems like the recent spike in orders and supply chain issues becoming real may add a few weeks to this.. I'm expecting something closer to 75 days myself

2nd to this, order date 3/11 completed profile on 3/15. white on black, aero no FSD 3rd update is pushed back to June 5 to July 17 now.

I just keep eye on bay area delivery, some people on other forums near Bay Area was getting cars around in 1-2 weeks, maybe walk ins?
Sometimes I wonder if i can change pick up location to bay area to speed the delivery process.

I am in a similar position as you. My EDD is April 28- May 26 so its quite close to yours and its been dead silent on my front. I would assume we both will know the week of our earliest EDD if its been pushed back or if we both receive VIN's. Lets see what happens. @T-J- was very close and then pushed again by a month so the same could happen to us.
I've followed you order buddy and vancity friend. Only difference between our configs are the wheels.
If I run into you while taking the delivery - will def buy you a coffee.

here's to an April delivery 🤞

Reactions: doodlebob424
Eeeek!

The SA just called me and wanted to know if I would be down for a White on White performance edition. I was so tempted, but I stayed strong. They did mention that they got a few in, and there are a couple that are exact matches for me, but waiting on assigned owners who are saying they need to delay for a few weeks.

Getting my hopes up

How did you get them to offer other cars?

Reactions: mystryman007
How did you get them to offer other cars?
I assume it is because when I initially was looking, I had came in looking at a performance edition in white on white. He probably made the note on the system as a possible up sell.

I will add that we had a really unique situation here in Oregon. We woke up to 3-4" of snow in my area. As a result, there were apparently multiple people who could not make it for their pick-ups. My match was about 4 hours south of me and could not make it up to Portland because of weather and specifically asked the SA to hold them out for a month. As such, the build matched my loadout.

I do think there are some other factors. Perhaps financing needed to be in place or down payment issues, etc. that could have entered into the mix.

To your specific question, I didnt do anything specific get anything offered. He called me out of the blue. Completely unexpected.

How do you get your hands on this data??

@FLLcaz I ordered 3/15 in Indiana (Black on black without FSD). My latest EDD is June 1 thru July 6. Don't worry too much about the EDD. I'm the least patient person I know and it is killing me. When I let my logic take over, it's apparent by reading this thread that there's too many factors for us to extrapolate any sort of conclusion on when our cars are going to be delivered. Just relish in the knowledge that it IS coming. Took me longer than I care to admit to get to this point... not saying I won't lose this new-found patience the longer it drags on, but I'm trying. Im really only hanging around to see if people are still reporting issues with build quality and what specifically I should be on the lookout for. Maybe this is the wrong forum for that? Oh well. Congrats on the purchase! Black on black with blacked out windows is the ONLY way to go!!!
What part of Indiana you from? I'm NW Indiana, ordered 3/21 -M3LR MSM, black, aero wheels, no FSD. Current EDD June 15-July 27

I agree! Except I did the white interior so I don't have to look at that "wood" on the dash. :p
I ordered the black (vinyl? ) that covers the wood on dash and doors. It was cheap enough, if it looks worse than the wood I'll just pull it back off. FYI on ebay I found the vinyl "smoke" looking covers for head and tail lights for a reasonable price. Same goes for those... worth a shot but not going to be butt-hurt if the $18 (likely Chinese made) accessory isn't up to snuff.
What part of Indiana you from? I'm NW Indiana, ordered 3/21 -M3LR MSM, black, aero wheels, no FSD. Current EDD June 15-July 27
I'm in the southeast about 20 minutes from Louisville KY. I have to drive about 2 hours up to Indianapolis to pickup the car, but I'm actually looking forward to it. Will give me plenty of time to get to know her on the way home! Where do you pickup, or did they offer you home delivery?

I assume it is because when I initially was looking, I had came in looking at a performance edition in white on white. He probably made the note on the system as a possible up sell.

I will add that we had a really unique situation here in Oregon. We woke up to 3-4" of snow in my area. As a result, there were apparently multiple people who could not make it for their pick-ups. My match was about 4 hours south of me and could not make it up to Portland because of weather and specifically asked the SA to hold them out for a month. As such, the build matched my loadout.

I do think there are some other factors. Perhaps financing needed to be in place or down payment issues, etc. that could have entered into the mix.

To your specific question, I didnt do anything specific get anything offered. He called me out of the blue. Completely unexpected.
Super odd that you were contacted before me, considering we have the same config/location and I ordered almost a month before you…

I ordered the black (vinyl? ) that covers the wood on dash and doors. It was cheap enough, if it looks worse than the wood I'll just pull it back off. FYI on ebay I found the vinyl "smoke" looking covers for head and tail lights for a reasonable price. Same goes for those... worth a shot but not going to be butt-hurt if the $18 (likely Chinese made) accessory isn't up to snuff.

I'm in the southeast about 20 minutes from Louisville KY. I have to drive about 2 hours up to Indianapolis to pickup the car, but I'm actually looking forward to it. Will give me plenty of time to get to know her on the way home! Where do you pickup, or did they offer you home delivery?
I'm in a similar situation. I'll be driving to Chicago to pick up, which I'm happy to do. Like you, I look forward to driving it home!

I'm in Salem, OR - Maybe I should text my SA and see if they have any which match my order! 😄

Wow you got a vin and ordered March 8th and live in Canada?! I ordered 2/28 and live in California.
He configured his vehicle with FSD, which is a pricey option. Base configuration vehicles are going to be given a low priority in the build order. Also, they're trying to get FSD going in Canada, so they may be particularly enthusiastic about getting FSD vehicles up there.
They do update you when you get a VIN, via text/email.
Not always. I noticed my VIN in the app. My SA never once contacted me, but was always helpful when I had a problem or needed information.

• Helpful
Reactions: jpaychek
Not a good sign for Colorado. I picked up my M3 on Day 99.
Oh yeah I saw you on the spreadsheet! You have a similar config as me too (gotta love the blue crew!) and I’m also picking up in Littleton. It’s funny because I don’t even have a vin yet, but my EDD was narrowed down to 14 days instead of 30 days as of last week. I’ve gotta get an assignment any day now…. Hopefully…

Reactions: PinSeeker
I just switch from RWD to LR today with old pricing $51,990

Blk/blk , aero and no FDS.
EDD JUN - AUG no date just months
Ok, I called the Tesla 800 number after seeing somebody upgrade to the performance model without paying the new pricing. My SA told me I’d have to go to the new pricing. That has since changed according to the lady I spoke to. What she couldn’t say is whether or not my delivery date would be pushed back.

I’ve been flip flopping on rather to go the performance since day 1 but I think I’ll just pay for the acceleration boost instead.

The second thing I learned was that she said she could see my car was in production. That leads me to believe even though my EDD moved back today it will hopefully move back up. Any insight into this?