Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully last update from me! VIN 229xxx

White/White LR 18" no FSD

Ordered: Jan 21
Initial EDD: April 19- May 17
1/28/22 EDD: March 12 - March 31
3/4/22 EDD: March 18 - March 31
3/12/22 EDD: April 10 - May 8
4/1/22 EDD: April 10 - April 24
4/7/22 EDD with VIN: April 18 - April 24
4/11/22 EDD: Scheduled for April 19 4PM pickup!

Pickup in Brooklyn.

I went with DCU for the 1.74% rate, process was super seamless, already have the check in hand less than 24 hours after applying.
When did you apply at DCU? The rates on their website currently show 2.24%

Reactions: Theraven
Good News/Bad News:
EV analyst on CNBC this morning reported that the Fremont factory has run out of some parts. The "good" news is that Covid has shut down the China factory for the last 2 weeks and they're looking for a way to ship their unused parts from there to CA. They also said Tesla may have to start mining their own lithium but it'll take years to ramp up production. Fremont is still the most productive auto factory in the US.

Good News/Bad News:
EV analyst on CNBC this morning reported that the Fremont factory has run out of some parts. The "good" news is that Covid has shut down the China factory for the last 2 weeks and they're looking for a way to ship their unused parts from there to CA. They also said Tesla may have to start mining their own lithium but it'll take years to ramp up production. Fremont is still the most productive auto factory in the US.
I have to imagine that it would take weeks for those parts to arrive via boat. I also can’t imagine the import fees! I’m curious to what parts are in short supply. Computer parts could easily be flown over. Doors, not so much.
But this is consistent with what I was told yesterday that Fremont is having supply issues.

Is there a way to know if my vehicle will have amd ryzen before accepting delivery or not ?
Pretty sure they all have Ryzen at this point. The changeover happened in early 2022 builds.

But no, there’s no way to check without first accepting delivery because you won’t be able to open the car otherwise. No external markers to differentiate Ryzen vs Intel. Only checking through the screen or checking for Li-ion low voltage battery instead of 12V lead acid.

I have to imagine that it would take weeks for those parts to arrive via boat. I also can’t imagine the import fees! I’m curious to what parts are in short supply. Computer parts could easily be flown over. Doors, not so much.
But this is consistent with what I was told yesterday that Fremont is having supply issues.
Doors and the body/chassis of the cars would be stamped in house at Fremont.

It’s all the other stuff that’s not likely made in-house like electronics, interior bits, wiring harnesses, wheels, brake components, lighting, etc etc.

Unless they’re out of steel and aluminum to stamp the body panels…

Reactions: T-J- and SCTes1aMan
Good News/Bad News:
😤

Good News/Bad News:
I hope they ran out of tail lights and are forced to use Model Y tail lights from China like Shanghai already does on the MiC Model 3. 😬

Good News/Bad News:
Interesting, did a quick search and wasn’t able to find any information regarding supply chain shortage currently affecting production at Fremont.

It’s been so long I am now just thinking about how excited I’ll be when I get an update!

0B49135F-3C05-4AE9-A30A-58E02C2D397F.jpeg

This is what I got from SA
Hello Mike, ETAs are provided by our production team at the factory. They update ETAs as they receive communication from our suppliers. We do not have the ability to know if there will be future delays that will impact your order. We, as the sales and delivery team, do not have any further insight on your ETA other than what is listed on your Tesla account.

Reactions: Emajy