Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So - I have only driven an entry level honda till now. Basically purchased it got it home and been driving since. Thought I would do the same with tesla - make the payment drive it home and live happily ever after. But now seeing mentions of ceramic coating - tints - vinyl coating etc Im getting stressed. What all y'all planning to get done on yours cars? I will also probably get some of that done.
I’ve purchased some pre cut xpel PPF and plan on tackling the install myself. And if I fail on the simple parts, like the hood, I’ll give up and pay for someone to install it.

• Informative
Reactions: rickvancouver
So - I have only driven an entry level honda till now. Basically purchased it got it home and been driving since. Thought I would do the same with tesla - make the payment drive it home and live happily ever after. But now seeing mentions of ceramic coating - tints - vinyl coating etc Im getting stressed. What all y'all planning to get done on yours cars? I will also probably get some of that done.
Probably only Ceramic coating (at least for now) as PPF seems to be too steep on price in my area.

• Informative
Reactions: rickvancouver
Randomly got a call few minutes ago, ID said Mt Kisco, got excited and curious at the same time cause my EDD is still May-June. Apparently it was just someone at Tesla over there calling to verify my order, verify everything on my account is correct and answer any additional questions I may have had. Anybody else ever get a call like this like a month and a half after they initially placed their order? I’d expect a call like this shortly after placing an order but not when it’s been a while.
I had the same call on Sunday from Mt Kisco. Placed order 02/17. I think they are just making sure nothing has changed (I.e didn’t move out of state, get sick of waiting and buy another car instead etc.)

Reactions: SkunkApe
I understand this below video is M3 Performance, but still I heard its going to be similar (if not same) for LR as well....anyway this video is full of such AWESOMEEEE reactions... got even more excited now....(I started to think if this is a car or some amusement park ride :) )

<< M3LR RED/black, Aero, No FSD || OD: 2/10, EDD: 5/4 - 6/1 || Pick up: Mt. Kisco, NY >>

Probably not quite so extreme for the LR. It’s quick but 3.1s 0-60 for the Performance is 25% quicker.

So not sure if this is the correct place to post this but wondering who's interested in a reservation. It's currently set for 5/1-5/29 msm lr white interior aero no fsd. This is being delivered to the Columbus Ohio delivery center but from what I understand since there's no vin assigned that can be changed. Test drove a xc 40 recharge yesterday and fell in love...decided to pull the trigger. Tired of waiting on Tesla. Price is locked before the price hike...you'd be locked in at $50,990
Hi, do you still the reservation available? Would be interested if so!

Probably not quite so extreme for the LR. It’s quick but 3.1s 0-60 for the Performance is 25% quicker.
I wish they had the LR to test drive but they only had the Performance when I went. It was unnecessarily quick 😂.

It seems from videos that once at speed, there’s not much difference between LR and P. The difference is mainly a much more aggressive launch.

The LR is the best option IMO. I would never need that 1 second difference in 0-60 in real life driving…it’s only really good for bragging rights. Plus the 20” wheels would get trashed instantly with the crappy roads and potholes. And there’s always the acceleration boost if somehow you feel like it’s too slow.

Randomly got a call few minutes ago, ID said Mt Kisco, got excited and curious at the same time cause my EDD is still May-June. Apparently it was just someone at Tesla over there calling to verify my order, verify everything on my account is correct and answer any additional questions I may have had. Anybody else ever get a call like this like a month and a half after they initially placed their order? I’d expect a call like this shortly after placing an order but not when it’s been a while.
Got a call from Tesla for same a few days ago. Pickup is Mt Kelso. OD 02/19. EDD was 04/28-06/01 . The day after the call EDD went to 05/10-06/05.

AFAIK that has nothing to do with it.
Most likely what's gonna happen is you'll enter trade-in value hell, cause every couple weeks Tesla will ask you to update pictures/the ODO and you'll lose 2k off the quote, while you'll wait multiple weeks for your VIN.
Heard about those problems. Luckily got a high offer from Shift so avoided that mess.

I see you ordered white on white, how has your interior been holding up?

Reactions: Mrmikelives
Heard about those problems. Luckily got a high offer from Shift so avoided that mess.

I see you ordered white on white, how has your interior been holding up?
So far so good, but I'm not looking at it with a magnifying glass everyday, but I'm also trying to avoid staining it.

I don't let anyone eat in my car, and all my jeans are years old so there's no dye transfer. I have a dog mat installed on the back seats so that anything I'm transporting doesn't touch the leather.

The shift selector and signal indicator handles seem to be made of plastic that is easy to scratch - already have some just from my fingernails.