Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where can you find the information of how many Fremont Tesla’s are produced each quarter. Tesla shipped 310,000 cars last quarter but how many from Fremont? The lack of any appreciable amount of VINs on this forum makes it look like Tesla is shipping a handful of Model 3s.
Rob Maurer at Tesla Daily shows the numbers. Here's a link to the Q1 information that he has. I think he goes by things like various public sources of information such as vehicle registrations and things like that to augment the data that Tesla publishes.

He says that Fremont produced 55,825 Model Ys and 56,318 Model 3s in Q1 2022. Including S and X, that's a total of 126,362 vehicles.

In contrast, Shanghai produced 125,242 Model Ys and 52,803 Model 3s in the same period. 178,045 total.

Reactions: jpaychek and Mwhusa
Just saw a YouTube video stating Tesla might not include the mobile charging unit. Is Tesla pulling an Apple, selling an electric device without the ability to charge? I doubt Apple’s claim of helping to protect the environment will fly with this move.

Just saw a YouTube video stating Tesla might not include the mobile charging unit. Is Tesla pulling an Apple, selling an electric device without the ability to charge? I doubt Apple’s claim of helping to protect the environment will fly with this move.
I just asked my SA.

Screenshot_20220416-171817_Messages.jpg

Not gonna lie, that is some suspicious phrasing. Hopefully they’re just being a little extra with the CYA language. Not including the chargers would be a pretty big blow to the sustainability messaging. Apple was wrong that everyone has a charger that does it’s job quickly, but they they were correct that everyone has at least some kind of charger. Very few people have any kind of dedicated EV charging infrastructure at home, which is what Tesla advertises as the primary method of electricity delivery. Boy I hope there’s nothing to this rumor.

If this is true for existing orders, I’m going to be pretty upset. Bait and switch…

Especially already buying the adapter ahead of time.
I would assume we would either get the kit or a voucher to purchase one. It's not a good look doing away with it on future orders and a terrible move if you try doing it on past orders.

If this is true for existing orders, I’m going to be pretty upset. Bait and switch…

Especially already buying the adapter ahead of time.
Oh, how disappointing... I hope they are only doing this for those who order now rather than earlier orders that have yet to be fulfilled. Since we are under the impression that the car included the cables.

The only way I could see them dropping it in good faith was to cite "usage statistics". I think that the usage probably matches to the price of the vehicles. That is, right now the people buying these rather expensive cars tend to be wealthier, have a spacious garage, and prefer the wall charger installed in their garage. In the future, as adoption of Teslas broadens, the use of the mobile charger will likely increase. I wonder if they'll bring it back as a standard part of their vehicles at that point.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who use the mobile charger (I'm one), but apparently there aren't enough for Tesla to justify the cost.

I think they could have gone a long way by offering a "charging infrastructure credit" of the cost of the mobile charger that people could apply to whatever they want to use. It would probably be a massive administrative headache, but it would be consistent with The Message.

The real question is what does that mean for those of us who placed an order before the removal?
A very good question for SAs.

Last edited: