Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read online that the mobile charger is NOT included????? Really?

WE just installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet in the garage to charge. We also purchased the adapter for the mobile charger so that we could use it. We are seriously pissed off about this. So now we have to figure out how to charge away from home????? This was one of the biggest selling points of a Tesla.

I hope this changes......we are out a ton of money now and no way to charge with a car we are picking up when it arrives. Not cool by any stretch of the imagination.

I just read online that the mobile charger is NOT included????? Really?

WE just installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet in the garage to charge. We also purchased the adapter for the mobile charger so that we could use it. We are seriously pissed off about this. So now we have to figure out how to charge away from home????? This was one of the biggest selling points of a Tesla.

I hope this changes......we are out a ton of money now and no way to charge with a car we are picking up when it arrives. Not cool by any stretch of the imagination.
We’re all waiting for new deliveries from now on to chime in and see if it’s included or not.

But otherwise you’ll have to look into third party J1772 mobile chargers with the 14-50 plug and use the J1772 to Tesla adapter that (hopefully) still comes with the car, seeing as how the Tesla ones are never in stock anymore.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
We’re all waiting for new deliveries from now on to chime in and see if it’s included or not.

But otherwise you’ll have to look into third party J1772 mobile chargers with the 14-50 plug and use the J1772 to Tesla adapter that (hopefully) still comes with the car, seeing as how the Tesla ones are never in stock anymore.
Pretty cruddy. We went the suggested route from our Sales Advisor.....and now we have to look at other Non-Telsa options....If we didn't spend so much on an electrician .....UGGGGHHHHH so frustrating. I am a pretty patient person and wanted to be prepared when the vehicle came but this is seriously something that has upset me. I cant even know how to tell my wife if we cant charge at home.

And if we have to add more costs now....this is going to hurt.

Electrician costs, TESLA NEMA 14-50 adapter that arrived this week, no ability to purchase one online????? This is already 1K over what we ordered...We knew that ...now we have to purchase something else?????? Not fair.

Elon has announced the charger price will be reduced and be offered at checkout!

CD2FFC8E-5986-43A5-AC20-CBB0A63AE3BF.jpeg

I have a June 11 - July 23 EDD. This is my thought process right now: I may be in luck and get delivery before the end of Q2, which would be awesome. And I'm sure Tesla will have a push for deliveries, as they always do, by then end of the quarter. However, if I don't get my vehicle before June 30, then I am almost certain that my EDD will get pushed and be after the July 23 date...likely into August. That's how I'm looking at it since I'm straddling the Q2/Q3 date range.

FYI...I have M3LR, MSM, Black interior, Aero, No FSD with a 3/24 OD, Chicago delivery
I ordered on March 27. Same M3 LR Black and Black, No FSD. Toronto and have the Same June 11-July 23 time frame so far.

I just called the 888 Tesla number and was told that since I placed my order when it was advertised online that it would come with the vehicle, I will still receive the charger… not sure if it’s true or not but that’s what I was told by the SA I spoke to.
Here I was about to place an order for a wall charger like the puppet to Elon that I am.

This woman said it best.

"You sure know how to play them. Create a chaos, then provide a solution where you come ahead but make them feel like they got something and they will continue to worship you forever"

I think the chaos is more about people "assuming" they will not get the charger (for existing orders), when in fact there was no indication of if that is or is not gonna happen. Instead of waiting to hear back, everyone is assuming things and is out with their pitchfolks.

I think the chaos was more about people "assuming" they will not get the charger, when in fact there was no indication of if that was or was not gonna happen. Instead of waiting to hear back, everyone is assuming things and is out with their pitchfolks.
That's only a small part of it, 'many' people complaining on other forums and social media were current or potential buyers and not just the small number of us that are waiting on our cars. Sure most people here panicked but again we were just one group upset over the decision.

Reactions: E90alex
I think the chaos is more about people "assuming" they will not get the charger (for existing orders), when in fact there was no indication of if that is or is not gonna happen. Instead of waiting to hear back, everyone is assuming things and is out with their pitchfolks.
The issue is there is no clear answer. Elon was ambiguous and then provided a “solution” looking like a good guy.

Give an answer if existing orders will receive it and going forward let customers clearly know it’s not included. Not secretly removing wording from the design page.