Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The mobile charger is for when you're "mobile", not to save a few bucks on home charging. I understand you, but I did not expect to see so many cheap people in here trying not to buy a wall charger (in stock!) after purchasing a $60k car.

And yes, that guy is definitely going to rage at an SA about this, which is what I find ridiculous.
Tesla only calls it a “mobile” connector so people like you feel justified in paying for the “wall” connector that Tesla conveniently sells. There are plenty of non Tesla wall mounted (ie not portable) EVSEs with a plug and not hardwired. Just because it has a plug and you can easily pack it up doesn’t mean you’re only supposed to use it while away from home.

It’s not a matter of affording the wall connector or not, but for many people it’s a wasted/unnecessary expense when it would provide little to no practical benefit over the UMC. If you like to throw money away then that’s your prerogative, but just because you can afford to doesn’t mean you should spend more money than necessary.

You act like buying a $60k car is a flex and means you’re rich. Now $60k is not cheap by any means and is above what a lot of people can afford, but it’s not much of a flex either. The Model 3 is the bottom of the Tesla lineup. Lots of people are actually stretching their budget (probably more than they should) just to be able to get into a Tesla. So a $500 wall connector plus professional installation which can easily run $1000+ is a big expense. And it’s not an expense that can be rolled into the financing for the car so you would have to pay that up front. That’s likely 2 car payments for some.

Anyone else taking delivery in Burbank? OD was 3/13 and EDD is ranging from may 27-july 8. Has anyone heard of dates at Burbank being pushed back? Still have no change in EDD but i guess i shouldnt expect one since its a month out from the earliest date? Just trynna get a feel for it.

Anyone else taking delivery in Burbank? OD was 3/13 and EDD is ranging from may 27-july 8. Has anyone heard of dates at Burbank being pushed back? Still have no change in EDD but i guess i shouldnt expect one since its a month out from the earliest date? Just trynna get a feel for it.
Burbank delivery here also. Similar OD. Mine is 3/14 and I had a big EDD range like yours then a week after it changed to 5/15 - 6/19. Hasn’t changed since then.

I think I used the terms correctly here. But thanks for the clarification in case people are not fully aware of the terms.
You were using the term "charger" instead of "connector". If you look at the Tesla store, you'll see the names they use for everything. They don't sell chargers, but they do sell connectors and adapters. It's pretty common for people to casually refer to the stuff that puts electricity into the car as "chargers", and I'm sure that can lead to some confusion when it comes time to buy the bits and pieces that are needed. Or when raging at Tesla for changing which bits and pieces they include for free.

OD 2/11 - EDD just changed from 4/17-4/30 to 5/23-6/27 - blue/white/19in no FSD! Third time that it’s reached the EDD and then moved out.
Dang man that's a bummer. Hang in there.... it'll be worth the wait.

If you had ordered it in black with black interior, 18" aero, no FSD, Indianapolis delivery I would have told you to just cancel your order since Tesla keeps jerking you around. (In hopes I'd get bumped ahead in line of course)

Reactions: Teekville
OD 2/11 - EDD just changed from 4/17-4/30 to 5/23-6/27 - blue/white/19in no FSD! Third time that it’s reached the EDD and then moved out.
Damn. Somebody mentioned yesterday white interiors were getting pushed out but this is the first I’ve seen it. Not saying that’s why yours got pushed back but your order date, colors, wheels and location makes me think you should be getting your car sooner.

The mobile charger is for when you're "mobile", not to save a few bucks on home charging. I understand you, but I did not expect to see so many cheap people in here trying not to buy a wall charger (in stock!) after purchasing a $60k car.

And yes, that guy is definitely going to rage at an SA about this, which is what I find ridiculous.
Tons of people use the mobile charger with a 14-30 / 14-50 plug and can charge sufficiently fast for their needs. It’s not about being cheap. Some people have a single 240V cable run into a garage and maybe have 2 EVs using two different types of chargers.

Tons of people use the mobile charger with a 14-30 / 14-50 plug and can charge sufficiently fast for their needs. It’s not about being cheap. Some people have a single 240V cable run into a garage and maybe have 2 EVs using two different types of chargers.
Exactly. This is my situation. I don’t want/need a dedicated Tesla charger.