Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Horror!
I was 11 days away from my THIRD 2-week EDD window and I have just been pushed back by about a month! Now EDD May 22- June 19. Ahh!

M3LR - MSM/White/Aero/No FSD - Oakville, ON
OD: February 20;
EDD1: March 14-31; EDD2: May 7-June 4; EDD3: April 10-24; EDD3: April 19-May 17; EDD4: April 30 - May 14; EDD5: May 22 - June 19.

Matches almost with my EDD. I am also in Ontario, so could be they are planning to bring a bunch around that timeframe. I haven't had any movement on my EDD.

The first EDD you received was a little too early based on what we are seeing

Ditto for my M3P order. May 8 - June 12 currently.

Reactions: Prime1000
In 2021, Tesla sold 12,800 Model 3s in Canada. If Tesla ships to Canada only once each quarter, that's 3,200 vehicles (plus however much demand has increased since then) shipped to various provinces and cities. It looks like there are about 10 different Tesla centers in Canada, so that's 320 vehicles on average, though I suspect Montreal and Toronto see more deliveries than Saskatchewan, Calgary or Edmonton. Still, that's a lot of vehicles. A long train and a lot of trucks.

Reactions: jpaychek
Not sure if my observation is correct or just confirmation bias, it seems that the ones before the March price hike are getting pushed back (myself included, ordered 2/12 LR white white aero, EDF now at 5/13-6/12), while the ones after the price hike aren’t seeing movement or moving up?

Not sure if my observation is correct or just confirmation bias, it seems that the ones before the March price hike are getting pushed back (myself included, ordered 2/12 LR white white aero, EDF now at 5/13-6/12), while the ones after the price hike aren’t seeing movement or moving up?
I haven't really noticed that to be honest. I think your white/white may be an issue and as addressed above the Canadian orders are likely handled a little differently.

What did you order and are all of your tasks complete?
Well this is more for the select few who deny a delivery for one reason or another like we did and are back in line waiting.

So we had a delivery on March 25th and denied it so we're back in queue. We had done financing through Tesla which was good until April 28th. Now that our date has been pushed to May/July from the original date of April/June, the financing is obviously going to expire. We were putting down $31,000 which just got refunded last week. Well, that seems to confuse the app as the "Additional Payment Required" section is blue which means we can proceed.

Well, we obviously don't want to set up financing again and deposit the $31k if we're months away. I called my SA about it and he said the following "You are welcome to pay it. I usually recommend on waiting until you get assigned a VIN prior to your pick up appointment. Right now we still have to get you a VIN and schedule your pick up appointment. Once you get a VIN we will call you and get all the final details in line!"

So it looks like even though the app scares you into doing every thing that's selectable in blue or run the risk of losing the car, it looks like the financing can wait until the VIN is assigned which, is normally the case as that option is greyed out. Plus, the Payment Required section say to pay now to avoid delays in delivery and has nothing to do with VIN assignment. Again, this is for people like my wife that denied the car because of fixable body damage.

Well, someone's gonna be happy soon...not me though. Still don't have a VIN...🙄
2AFAD575-8E4D-414A-8CDB-58E4FE9497E4.jpeg

In 2021, Tesla sold 12,800 Model 3s in Canada. If Tesla ships to Canada only once each quarter, that's 3,200 vehicles (plus however much demand has increased since then) shipped to various provinces and cities. It looks like there are about 10 different Tesla centers in Canada, so that's 320 vehicles on average, though I suspect Montreal and Toronto see more deliveries than Saskatchewan, Calgary or Edmonton. Still, that's a lot of vehicles. A long train and a lot of trucks.
Anyone in the US up for a train robbery?;)

Day 56 for me.
My money goes on 85 days for me to get my car.

FWIW, I drove past the Glendale, AZ location yesterday on my way home (it's where I'll be picking up). The lot was EMPTY.
Normally, it's filled with cars for delivery.
I'll be driving by it again today, so I'll see if they get any deliveries, but it looked like an abandoned building yesterday.