Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of going with the 19's instead of 18's. Does that help with getting the car faster? Plus I think they look nicer on the red w/white interior now that I am looking at it.
You do lose some range with the 19" if you can make that sacrifice. I was watching couple youtube videos and they showed the difference between the 18 and 19 inch with noise, traction and overall quality and the 19" is a bit rougher when driving. I do not know if changing the tires gets the car quicker i mean at this rate, i rather pick up my car from fremont and drive it back home lol

You do lose some range with the 19" if you can make that sacrifice. I was watching couple youtube videos and they showed the difference between the 18 and 19 inch with noise, traction and overall quality and the 19" is a bit rougher when driving. I do not know if changing the tires gets the car quicker i mean at this rate, i rather pick up my car from fremont and drive it back home lol
I'd be willing to pick up in Fremont as well if it would speed the process up.

For my SLC pick-up peeps:

Summary Statistics for UT & WY Locations Reported to Order Spreadsheet
Deep Blue MetallicMidnight Silver MetallicPearl White Multi-CoatRed Multi-CoatSilver MetallicSolid Black
Average No. Days from Order to Delivery
52​
45.1​
47.9375​
54.57142857​
70​
35.2​
Max
94​
90​
94​
96​
88​
71​
Min
21​
13​
8​
2​
52​
7​
Median
46.5​
32​
47​
79​
70​
36​

View attachment 795749

NB: Implicit is that Utah and Wyoming reported locations are Salt Lake City pick-ups, since delivery location isn't a field reported to the tracker (as far as I know?)

NBB: The sample size is relatively small (n=54), and within that only 2 are WY (and within that, one is me, still waiting), and these numbers have all models (SR, LR, P, etc.) reported to the tracker from time immemorial.

The last reported delivery of this group was for an order reported as being placed Nov 12, 2021. There are ten (10) reported orders, which are currently outstanding - the oldest of which was reported as placed Jan. 12, 2022, and which at present is on day 98.

The only take-home message I can divine (and again, I am by no means whatsoever any sort of stats/data person, and this may not even be valid) is that current wait times seem to be high outliers. ⏳📈
Thanks for this, very helpful! So much for red shipping quicker!

yeah quick maths show its about 24 miles drop. I might be ok with that as its still above 300 miles range. I am wondering if changing will get the car quicker. I guess a text to SA is in order :) I will report back what they say.

Thinking of going with the 19's instead of 18's. Does that help with getting the car faster? Plus I think they look nicer on the red w/white interior now that I am looking at it.
it will definitely change your EDD...however it could go either way, sooner or later with your EDD from what I was told. I was debating on doing the same, but it's definitely a gamble, and not sure it's one I want to make at this point lol

I will not claim to know what Tesla actually does, but I can't imagine that a shut down of their largest manufacturing hub would not affect global production. I guess what I am saying is that sadly, I think this widespread push back on the same day is real and we should probably expect it to stick.
The Shanghai plant produces zero vehicles for the United States. It is possible a parts supplier in China for Tesla US plants got shut down but I haven't seen any reports of that.

Reactions: E90alex
Like most of you all, I got the PUSH BACK as well on my EDD... going back to 1 month timeframe from the 2 week window !

From May 2 - May 16 to May 24 - June 28

Even though it is pushed back, if I look at it now it almost matches my very first EDD so may be this is it? 🤷‍♂️ (one of our popular predictions we have seen)

• Helpful
Reactions: gabeurl
Same specs as you, and also did not get an EDD update today... black int & 19" seems to be the specs not getting pushed (probably just hasnt updated that portion of the table at Tesla haha)...
I also got the "we expect delivery in a few weeks, confirming your details" text yesterday that gave me a shimmer of hope.
Still sitting at 5/4 - 6/1 EDD
I went with Aero and my EDD has also been holding for 4/28-6/2. Starting to get nervous about getting pushed when 4/28 comes along, seems you got pushed many times and ordered before me 😪

Same approx push back as you guys. I’m guessing it’s a lot of us but I’m black interior. 🤷🏻‍♂️
On the bright side all my MPP parts and UP High efficiency spoiler & lip will have more time to arrive 😆🙃
Brutal to go from a two week window, back to 4. I’m sure you were counting the days. Mine hasn’t moved yet, ever… but I’m sure some change is looming with Fri the beginning of my window. Thank you for the update from the AZ.

Holy push backs today. I feel for ALL of you. I actually called Tesla and spoke to 3 different advisors today because i was so fed up. Basically in a nutshell “supply chain issues” everybody’s getting the whole runaround.. my order has been pushed back 4 times since ordering. And of course I’m expecting another push back given what’s going on everywhere. How did Tesla get these EDDs so wrong😩

Reactions: wblwrites