Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have some questions for all my veteran multiple EDD’ers. I know a lot to you have excess of 5 or more EDD updates and I am curious how drastic have some of the updates been? both pushbacks and back to the original EDD or better(faster?? I am on my third EDD and I am curious has anyone seen it get pushed back this far then possible goes back to original EDD? My other question is it worth calling a SA to see if there’s any other options close to mine for faster pickup??
EDD#1 from OD 3/10 was May.
EDD#2 June 3rd - July 1
EDD#3 Aug 12th- Sept 23(kick in the nuts)
My setup:(Tampa pickup)
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot.

Jeeps. Motorcycles. I'll add convertibles. The pattern that I see is that the vehicle is usually open. Waving through glass just doesn't seem to be a thing. I pass other Teslas all the time with the intent of a wave or a smile. They don't even see me. They're not looking. Teslas aren't 'participatory' vehicles like Jeeps, motorcycles and convertibles. They're not open and airy, connected to the world around them. They are traveling bubbles where we're told to keep the bubble closed for aerodynamic reasons.

I really miss driving around with the windows down or even the top down. There's no comparison between driving in an open and closed vehicle. In a closed vehicle, you focus on your own little world.
So true!

Reactions: JB from the AZ
So I have some questions for all my veteran multiple EDD’ers. I know a lot to you have excess of 5 or more EDD updates and I am curious how drastic have some of the updates been? both pushbacks and back to the original EDD or better(faster?? I am on my third EDD and I am curious has anyone seen it get pushed back this far then possible goes back to original EDD? My other question is it worth calling a SA to see if there’s any other options close to mine for faster pickup??
EDD#1 from OD 3/10 was May.
EDD#2 June 3rd - July 1
EDD#3 Aug 12th- Sept 23(kick in the nuts)
My setup:(Tampa pickup)
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Autopilot.
I've only once had the date moved up and it lasted maybe a week? Then it was pushed out a month and has been going the wrong direction ever since. Multiple 2 week windows as well. My SA is useless. I said I'm willing to consider all options if they become available and I don't even get a response other than "there is no delay, fluctuation is normal and depends on a bunch of variables." We obviously have very different definitions of delays.

I just changed to the 19's, did I make a wrong decision? SA said I could get the car a couple of months quicker, but not sure it's worth it now that I am thinking it out.

Help me out here :)
it's honestly a gamble. It will go either way, however, I am very curious myself as I considered doing this yesterday too. Keep us posted if you get another EDD change with the wheel swap. If it helps, I might make the change as well