Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordering a Hyundai Santa Fe is not an impulsive decision. I'm not even sure why you thought this was relevant to the conversation. There are plenty of Hyundai Santa Fe's out there and there is not reason to wait 5 months to get one. Who special orders a Hyundai Santa Fe?
I ordered a dodge dart when they first came out, it was my first brand new car. Looking back it was silly, but at that moment in time, it was what made sense financially and personally. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't justify anything. Who knows what their situation or significance to that specific car is.

I ordered a dodge dart when they first came out, it was my first brand new car. Looking back it was silly, but at that moment in time, it was what made sense financially and personally. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't justify anything. Who knows what their situation or significance to that specific car is.
I'm the last person to make fun of someone for whatever they drive. My first car cost $500 and was a 1987 Mercury Topaz. My point is that there is no need to wait 5 months to get a Hyundai Santa Fe. There are plenty of them out there without having to wait 5 months. So again I'm not making fun of the car or the person buying it. I'm wondering who orders a car that you can find plenty of? Basically why go through the pain of ordering it and waiting for 5 months? You could get one delivered from another state and get it over with.

I'm the last person to make fun of someone for whatever they drive. My first car cost $500 and was a 1987 Mercury Topaz. My point is that there is no need to wait 5 months to get a Hyundai Santa Fe. There are plenty of them out there without having to wait 5 months. So again I'm not making fun of the car or the person buying it. I'm wondering who orders a car that you can find plenty of? Basically why go through the pain of ordering it and waiting for 5 months? You could get one delivered from another state and get it over with.
My mom and I keep talking about when I was a teenager she had ordered a Cutlass Supreme and it took over six months to come in. She added a few things like "T-tops" and that's why she didn't take one of the hundreds they had locally. People are funny about their cars and it's difficult to say why they do things like hanging out with their new friends on a forum while stressing over delivery. 😂

For the record, this is the most I've ever spent despite being able to buy far more expensive ones back when I made a lot more money. I've never understood the fascination people have with automobiles but that changed for me when Tesla came along. I always say I'm buying a computer with wheels and not a car that simply gets me from point A to B.

Someone on the model 3 delivery subreddit claims they called the Tesla hotline (not their SA) and they said that the website was currently buggy with EDD times, who knows if that employee was talking out of their ass but it will be interesting to see in the next week or two if things shift again.

Not knowing anything about the car, there's reasons for ordering something instead of getting something off the lot.

1. A particular configuration isn't available on any lots. Perhaps you want AWD, a specific stereo system, color combo, etc..
2. Cars are incredibly hard to come by now. Perhaps a certain car is marked up at all the local dealers. Often, ordering a car, you don't have to pay a mark-up.

That's so funny because making fun of someone else what exactly what you did. It's just like saying "no offense" before saying something you really feel and also know is 100% unnecessary rudeness. I know we are all stressed out about our vehicles coming (or not coming) but why so angry about it? I live in Washington and that Santa Fcking Fe isn't even for sale in this state. Maybe it is for someone else -- it really shouldn't matter to you. Someone tried to offer something they felt was valid to the conversation and you chose to shame them. Take that negativity elsewhere.

Reactions: BST3
Hi all, i ordered back in August 2021 and still have not received my Tesla. I was expected date to receive my Tesla in May, but i didn’t check my account and noticed my 30 day odometer was expired for trade in. The date now got pushed to September. Did this affect the delay in delivery date? Should i just not trade in a vehicle and do it when i actually receive my VIN? Thanks
The trade-in expiration and the September date are unrelated. Large numbers of vehicle deliveries are being pushed back. Just keep sending Tesla an updated dash photo as the prior one expires so that you can be sure you've got your end covered. I wouldn't wait until I had a VIN because they might find a vehicle for you out of the blue which someone else couldn't or wouldn't take delivery. That's not a common scenario, but it does happen. I'd want to be ready to go on my trade-in.

Whelp, EDD #8 this morning. However, I'm not going to complain because it only moved from May 9 to May 11, and actually backed up on the backend from June 13 to June 8. Very strange EDD update, but I'm thinking it might be because it's accurate.
Anyone else get new EDD's?
And still way better than your initial EDD. 8 for TJ picking up at Glendale, AZ. Tomorrow is the opening of my EDD and still Zero updates past the first. Try to figure that algorithm out, LOL.

I pass it about 3 times a week, as I work out of the cigar lounge at Westgate :D
It's shocking to see it empty, compared to what it was at the EOQ1.
TJ - We got to meet. I have known Sam since he just had signs around town selling cigars online. Then he opened a small Avondale shop and finally the Gateway lounge. Ping me and we’ll set it up.

I agree with a bunch of things you said, but I dont agree specifically in regards to the cash part. I think people with cash setup are at a higher risk as Tesla doesnt know anything about their payment or account balance. As opposed to that, for people with Tesla finance, Tesla has much more knowledge on what their finances look like and if they will be able to make payments. Not to mention they already have someone that has sorted out their financing details, as opposed to someone who is going to slow up on the delivery day with a laundry bag full for cash (what if they get robbed on the way to the pickup location). Okay the last part about cash was a joke, but the point still holds.
I agree, but I would say time and time again this has been the advice from people in the know and SAs. I changed mine to that over a month ago.

To the question someone asked about SA’s. I believe they are regional or local and they have always been responsive to AZ customers and I have gotten very specific responses to my questions as well as just the copy and paste answers that they are obviously given to use.

Follow up question: do we know how long it actually takes them to manufacture a M3?
It all depends on what starting point in construction you're talking about. The number I hear that executives bandy about is 10 hours. Traditional companies take 30 or so.

Tesla Can Make an Electric Vehicle in 10 Hours, Volkswagen Production and CEO Unable to Keep Up

The 10 hours number may be Tesla's best, so it would involve gigacastings and Model Ys. I've seen a 48 hour number for going from aluminum roll to rolling car, but I'm not sure there's a point to that statement given that parts are being accumulated in advance so that the assembly line doesn't go lacking.

Edit: Here's @RoiDuNord's 90 minute number in an article from 2018

Tesla takes 40 steps and 90 minutes to produce a Model 3 at the Fremont Factory

Last edited:
My wife took this pic this morning. Headed to the Glendale AZ dealership.
Some happy folks there today!

Attachments

• F6B0E212-BD93-4F60-9418-E9ABBFC7438B.jpeg
    F6B0E212-BD93-4F60-9418-E9ABBFC7438B.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 81
The trade-in expiration and the September date are unrelated. Large numbers of vehicle deliveries are being pushed back. Just keep sending Tesla an updated dash photo as the prior one expires so that you can be sure you've got your end covered. I wouldn't wait until I had a VIN because they might find a vehicle for you out of the blue which someone else couldn't or wouldn't take delivery. That's not a common scenario, but it does happen. I'd want to be ready to go on my trade-in.
Thanks but i forgot to put the year. I ordered from August 2021, but now my estimated arrival date is September 2022.

Anyway, fast track i had an EDD of May 12, 2022 but last week I forgot to update my odometer so i see its now pushed back to September 2022. Was this because i didn’t update the odometer trade-in fast enough?

Thanks but i forgot to put the year. I ordered from August 2021, but now my estimated arrival date is September 2022.

Anyway, fast track i had an EDD of May 12, 2022 but last week I forgot to update my odometer so i see its now pushed back to September 2022. Was this because i didn’t update the odometer trade-in fast enough?
Nope. They're facing supply issues combined with lots of consumer demand, and that's causing lots of delivery timelines to be pushed back. If you read through this thread, you'll find lots of folks who have recently received disappointing news about their delivery window.