Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price isn’t really a factor for me but I like the other features that it provides. I go back and forth. Either way a 3.7 car is in rare company and I have a need for speed. If I didn’t I’d be buying a BMW I4 today. Those are in stock too. Just not the Performance. Uggh. I literally can’t buy a car right now. Uggh.
Not a fan of the grill man. Can't get past it.

Not a fan of the grill man. Can't get past it.
For reference to the crowd I’ve attached a pic Of the one I’m looking at and in the green I think it heals the grill, but to all their own.

Attachments

• BE3CF707-D61D-4F67-AB4A-7B9CF07FE3B5.jpeg
    BE3CF707-D61D-4F67-AB4A-7B9CF07FE3B5.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 91
Have you checked the app or your account page on Tesla.com?
I check the account page every day.
I have not yet been assigned VIN and there is no expected delivery date in my case.
I thought this was normal, but I am reading about some new buyers with an ETD in months, so I am wondering if I am missing something.

Overview screenshots attached: Next Steps and Completed Tasks. That's all I have.

PS: I ordered on March 17 when the website said 12-16 weeks delivery time (June 9 - July 7). I hope to get the car after July 1, as I will not be in Japan until then. Hopefully the temporary closure of Giga Shangai will buy me some time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 19.43.14.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 19.43.14.png
    320.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 19.43.26.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 19.43.26.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: SCTes1aMan
Your config is exactly to mine. Can’t get more “Stock” than White ext/Black Int with the Aeros. I haven’t had any movement at all since I placed my order. Fingers crossed.
I also have the same config, and ordered 3 days after you. With you being in NY, I'm keeping hope that your EDD stays and that mine changes back to a bit earlier lol. Your current EDD was very close to mine before it was pushed back the other day.

I check the account page every day.
I have not yet been assigned VIN and there is no expected delivery date in my case.
I thought this was normal, but I am reading about some new buyers with an ETD in months, so I am wondering if I am missing something.

Overview screenshots attached: Next Steps and Completed Tasks. That's all I have.

PS: I ordered on March 17 when the website said 12-16 weeks delivery time (June 9 - July 7). I hope to get the car after July 1, as I will not be in Japan until then. Hopefully the temporary closure of Giga Shangai will buy me some time.
You should call Tesla and talk to a service advisor about your next move. The normal sequence in the US is to place your order online, interact with the web page to complete the initial tasks of financing, a trade-in, etc, then be told to install the Tesla app and keep an eye on that for updates about your order.

The number for Tesla customer service is 1 (888) 518-3752. I have no idea how Tesla is trying to handle deliveries in Japan, especially whether the app works from Japan. All I see is that the one Tesla delivery center is right there at Osaka (Ariake). At least that part is nice.

Note that VINs are assigned very late in the process. Given that the vehicle will have to be shipped overland and across the Sea of Japan, you will likely have a comfortable wait between a VIN being assigned and actually taking delivery.

Question regarding the touchless delivery. Does it mean that you accept and e-sign all documents and just go and pickup the car, or do you have to sit down with the service center folks and complete paperwork? What if you need to report any production defects? Do you show them to the service center folks immediately or do you report them in the app?

It's my understanding that if you go touchless then you accept everything via the app and the car is yours. You don't have to talk to anyone.. There are YouTube videos of people going through the process. Here in Virginia I don't believe they allow touchless because everyone was going into the office and signing a number of paper documents. I wasn't even offered the option of home delivery.

Once you've accepted the car, if you find any defects, you use the app to schedule service. I found a couple, told the delivery people and they walked me through scheduling service. The service appointment was set up for about a week out, but got pushed out a month a few days before. I waited a week then cancelled the service. It was obvious to me that the service guys have a lot on their plate and I didn't want them rushing through any service to my vehicle.

When I hear of people getting their EDD pushed back, I immediately think that it's related to the price of the car. Of people who are being pushed back regularly, how many upgrades did you add? A color? White interior? 19" wheels? FSD? It seems that a color, black interior and 18" wheels are a common choice among those being pushed back. I think Tesla continues to prioritize higher-end vehicles, so the fewer upgrades on your car, the more it will be pushed back. Even vehicles with upgrades will get pushed back if orders keep coming in for loaded vehicles. This is just my personal speculation.

So in @Tyler Knepper's case, he's got an upgraded vehicle and his EDD is staying put. It just dropped to a two-week window, which is a good sign. Unless you're @T-J- ...
From my personal experience, for the car I got and my mom got, touchless meaning two things; I had an option to have it deliver right outside my house or pick it up from the Service Center that was 40 minutes away. I chose to have it delivered, they instructed us to check for issues and the paperworks are on a fedex folder to send out including the paperworks and registration. Key cards were left inside the car.

For my moms car, touchless delivery meant we had to go pick it up from a location, they gave us the keys, we checked the car by ourselves without any advisors around us, once we were ready to go, we have to talked to one of the advisors to sign something