Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well what's frustrating is that Tesla doesn't know either.
SAs occupy a space between customers and Tesla proper. They are customer service people and are not insiders of the production process. They only know what Tesla tells them, and I suspect Tesla doesn't tell them much. They have buttons they can press to ensure orders are processed, and not much else. What they profess to know beyond that is undoubtedly as much speculation as the theories we throw around here.

As far as configuration playing a role in delivery, it's clear that the more expensive your Model 3, the faster it is expected to arrive. I assume that's the correlation, not that there are fewer Performance vehicles requested than Long Range upgraded than Long Range base. It may simply work out that building from each configuration queue in turn gets them the best profit off the order stream while still working through that order stream.

Any Canadian feb orders getting vins ??
My OD was Feb 5. I had tesla finance set up but not accepted for about a week while my bank lined up a loan for me then I switched to cash. I suspect this left me in limbo for a bit until I switched to cash as that would’ve been incomplete. Maybe that’s why my EDD today was my first 2 week window. May 12-26 instead of a little earlier. Could just be a transport thing too?
But to answer your question no VIN for me yet.

Who knows how the manufacturing process is.
Here's a hint of a piece of it. I ran across this short video of the Shanghai paint shop. It shows, incredibly to me, that the paint shop paints a whole bucketload of vehicle bodies in various paint colors and stores them in huge racks, waiting to go to the assembly line. Perhaps they're going through a final drying process.

And another video of the Shanghai assembly line that definitely seems to suggest that vehicles are built in batches. 14:01 and 14:34 stand out for me.

Here's a hint of a piece of it. I ran across this short video of the Shanghai paint shop. It shows, incredibly to me, that the paint shop paints a whole bucketload of vehicle bodies in various paint colors and stores them in huge racks, waiting to go to the assembly line. Perhaps they're going through a final drying process.

And another video of the Shanghai assembly line that definitely seems to suggest that vehicles are built in batches. 14:01 and 14:34 stand out for me.
Wow. Do we know if Fremont is as automated as Shanghai?

Wow. Do we know if Fremont is as automated as Shanghai?
Dunno, but Tesla Fremont has been named the most productive auto plant in North America. It produces all models, but only half as many Model Ys as Shanghai (which doesn't have to build Model S or Model X vehicles).

Why is "parts" in quotes? Are they not really parts or is it just because Tesla isn't saying which parts?
When you quote someone, you put the quoted text in quotation marks. The SA said "part delay". He misquoted the SA by saying "parts" (plural). Now you're saying "parts", which is reinforcing the idea that multiple parts are missing. There is a part delay on his vehicle.

Last edited:
Would we be better off if we didn't have any EDD updates until the car was on a truck? (Conventional dealer)

Or have fluid, changing EDD updates that we overanalyze\over scrutinize?

I understand people have personal circumstances that might frustrate them, but try not to worry about things other that are out of your control. The beginning of EDD after all, is Estimated.
I would much rather have Tesla's system - at least there is an EDD.

I was disappointed by the complete lack of communication from Toyota until my Rav4 was 2 weeks from delivery.
If trucks are delivering cars to the Tesla store in Vancouver, does this mean vehicles will come to Alberta soon? Or is it a different supply chain?
Did some more reading before I wanted to reply.

AFAIK my M3LR delivery was delayed in early Feb because of the border blockade at the Sweetgrass, MT - Coutts, AB crossing.

So deliveries into AB at least take a more direct route.

The spreadsheet is a mess for me and I get tons of errors and the rates don’t seem correct so I didn’t really dig through it.

Nothing unique about DCU for me other than it seemed popular with the Tesla crowd and plenty of people posted their experiences with them so makes me more comfortable knowing they have the process down with Teslas.

Don’t recall seeing any reviews or experiences about Carolina Co-op FCU but 1.99% for 84 months is very good. Looking at it now it looks like they might require an annual $20 membership to the consumer council to maintain eligibility and does some things via snail mail. Their website definitely feels very 2000’s and not as polished, but that’s just me.

DCU was all online so far and I believe only a one time $10 donation required.
This is likely what they meant by snail mail, this is the welcome letter I received today from Carolina Co-op.

Welcome! You are just a few steps away from obtaining account membership with Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. You will be receiving a packet in the mail that contains important documents that will need to be reviewed, completed, and returned. Instructions are included to help guide you through the paperwork. Your initial account opening is unavailable electronically, so please watch your USPS mail delivery for your packet.

If you are applying for a loan, it takes an average of 5 business days once your savings account is open with its deposit. With Carolina Cooperative FCU, you must have at least a savings account to be able to apply for any of our loan products. A copy of your valid driver’s license(required for auto loan applicants) or valid state issued ID is required for your account opening and must have the correct address where you currently live, or we must have address verification. Our lending options do not stop at auto loans. We also offer personal loans, Visa credit cards with exceptional rates, secured loans, and recreational vehicle loans!

If you are looking to refinance your current auto loan or are at your end of lease buy out time period, please note that we are only able to refinance auto loans for those who reside in North Carolina or its connecting states, and private vehicle sales are only obtainable within the state of North Carolina.

Once you have completed the documents in your account opening packet, if you wish to expedite the process, you may do so at your expense with the express courier of your choice.