Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my hot take on the whole SA thing. Usually when people refer to texting their SA, they mean that they texted the number that they received a text from when they first placed their order.

I texted that number with a question that I had and got the typical copy/paste response. Then I asked if the person texted me was a service advisor at my local Tesla service center and this was their response: “This thread is monitored by Delivery Advisors in order to give you a prompt response”.

To me, this sounds like when you text that number it is sent to a general thread that a random delivery advisor will respond to. I’m fact, I’m wondering if you texted that number a week apart if you would even get the same person. Obviously, I don’t know this for sure but I have a hunch that there’s no such thing as having your own SA. But I don’t know for sure, so correct me if I’m wrong if anyone knows differently!

Here’s my hot take on the whole SA thing. Usually when people refer to texting their SA, they mean that they texted the number that they received a text from when they first placed their order.

I texted that number with a question that I had and got the typical copy/paste response. Then I asked if the person texted me was a service advisor at my local Tesla service center and this was their response: “This thread is monitored by Delivery Advisors in order to give you a prompt response”.

To me, this sounds like when you text that number it is sent to a general thread that a random delivery advisor will respond to. I’m fact, I’m wondering if you texted that number a week apart if you would even get the same person. Obviously, I don’t know this for sure but I have a hunch that there’s no such thing as having your own SA. But I don’t know for sure, so correct me if I’m wrong if anyone knows differently!
From the same text number, I've received responses from both my local SA (they've identified themselves by name and location) as well as Tesla customer service.

You are exactly right. There is no "SA" if you put an order online. I asked this when I was on a call with Tesla

I ordered online and get local SA's responding to my texts. This might be because I did a test drive before ordering, so I did get a number of other texts from them as well.
Indeed. I was told by the rep (later my SA) that when you order after a test drive, your 'test drive coordinator' becomes your SA. This ensures the person doing the work gets credit for the sale.

Everyone has an SA. Everyone should have received a text when they placed their order. It's the one that says "Hi (name), welcome to the Tesla family...."
You can just reply to that text and you'll get a response.

I never got that text. Checked my messages again - nada.

One small, possibly meaningless anecdotal on this- before we placed our order we went to our local showroom to test drive. The girl who helped us (I’m guessing she is an “SA”?) told us before we left that when we decided to order, make sure the email we use is the same one we used to test drive, that way it will pop up in their system and they can reach out to us if they have to- she specifically sighted one of the reasons to reach out being if they have an earlier available car that didn’t perfectly fit our specs, but close. She also said they like to keep their eye on all their local orders. So I guess she is likely our SA, just everything so far has been smooth and no reason to reach out.

While I am at it, I have a second anecdotal around financing- I have an acquaintance who worked at Tesla from its inception and told me that her one piece of advice was if we are financing via Tesla and we have to re-up the approval because it went past 60 days, don’t do it online- it’ll put you back at the end of the que. She said be sure to have the SA do it and ensure you don’t get bumped. FWIW.

That's good to know in case. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: critchamc
What seems to be the average/typical wait for someone to get a VIN in California once you get the 2 week window. Currently I’m sitting at 5/6-5/20 and I’m just curious if people get a VIN usually 1 week before delivery or about how close? Thanks
Im in the Bay Area and about 15 min from Fremont Factory. A day ago my EDD changed to April 28 - May 9 and still no vin. I dont know I might get it later today or later tomorrow wee will see. The EDD before the current one was May 12 - June 9. So it really moved up dont know why but im guessing I live so close to Fremont and also chose to pick it up from there.

You are exactly right. There is no "SA" if you put an order online. I asked this when I was on a call with Tesla
Not in my case. I did an online order and within a day, I was texted by an SA which at the time I didn't know their location. After we denied our car at delivery a month later, I had a question for my SA about the issue at my local store and mentioned the store reps name. The text reply ended up being the sales guy at the store that we dealt with. I'm glad I was discussing a positive experience about the guy or that would have been very uncomfortable at our next store visit. Now when I text him, either he responds or if he's out, the text if forwarded to another associate in the store and, they always respond within an hour if not sooner.

M3 Long Range, AWD, Deep Blue Metallic Paint. No other options.

Good morning. I received a VIN today. Order Date, February 5. Delivery, May 7 to 11 in Chicago!

The main reason I am writing is because I have had a few conversations with Tesla reps over that last month concerning all of the details that we all seem to worry about. The customer service in every case has been exceptional. I call the 800 # and they either answer or call me back in a few minutes and have without fail been transparent and anxious to answer all of my questions.

This is my second Tesla. The first one I picked up in December of 2020 and I have to say the communication on that car was adequate but the level of customer service seems to just keep getting better. I hope you all have the same experience.