Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we as a collective please contact our SA’s and push for an answer/get a movement going regarding the matrix headlights? Its a substantial upgrade and now they’re like oh well looks like we ran out, here ya go with a 2019 model light….is it me or would people not be willing to wait another week or two for the updates lighting? Just trying to understand people’s standpoint on this removal.

Lets hope they dont take the power trunk, ryzen and dual glass next…sheesh…we’ve been waiting Tesla….dont sell us short just cause you want to deliver a few weeks early…

As far as the headlights go you can just do the light show when you pick up. If it doesn’t have em then you can decide whether you want to reject or accept.
The new headlamps can be spotted pretty easily from the exterior. There is an 'eyeball' on the outermost edge of the new ones. The old ones just look like faceted reflectors all the way across. New on the left, old on the right.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

I think it definitely should be for sure. Like any other car it should have a monroney sticker that details all of it features and accessories. It’s funny they keep removing things but the price keeps going up. You can’t honestly believe that the charging cable, matrix headlights and whatever else they’ve removed wasn’t factored into the price. At least with the legacies they’re upfront about things being omitted due to supply chain issues and promises to retrofit it later when part become available…some even give you a credit off the price.
I'm looking at the sticker for my car, which has the new headlamps. It doesn't list anything about "headlamps", but it does have one Exterior feature called "Full LED lighting" - which could be used to describe any form of LED headlamp. It also doesn't say anything about the Ryzen processor, lithium battery, or power trunk, yet the vehicle has all of those features.

As for all the antics about pricing and features coming and going, it boils down to demand. There are just far too many people for whom these features aren't a deal-breaker. They just want a "Tesla". So long as the demand is there, Tesla will set the prices high. If Tesla doesn't, then people will buy the vehicles just to resell them at a profit. Because the demand is there.

The new headlamps can be spotted pretty easily from the exterior. There is an 'eyeball' on the outermost edge of the new ones. The old ones just look like faceted reflectors all the way across. New on the left, old on the right.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

I'm looking at the sticker for my car, which has the new headlamps. It doesn't list anything about "headlamps", but it does have one Exterior feature called "Full LED lighting" - which could be used to describe any form of LED headlamp. It also doesn't say anything about the Ryzen processor, lithium battery, or power trunk, yet the vehicle has all of those features.

As for all the antics about pricing and features coming and going, it boils down to demand. There are just far too many people for whom these features aren't a deal-breaker. They just want a "Tesla". So long as the demand is there, Tesla will set the prices high. If Tesla doesn't, then people will buy the vehicles just to resell them at a profit. Because the demand is there.
I completely get where you’re coming from brother, in the end, demand will be more important to push out that volume…however, that being said…i think theres a substantial amount of us here that do care. Additionally, when we ordered the car, we expect to get those features which have been around for over a year now….Again, i know its supply and demand, but it’s not fair to those who made the decision to get the car based on those “unmentioned” updates. Is it gonna sway people to reject? I dont know…but its kinda like the mobile charger….imagine if you ordered one in February and you didnt get one despite when you bought it…it was adverised as included…we need to make some noise like we did for the chargers and see what their response will be. 🤦🏻‍♂️

That’s what I’m thinking too since the rates are going up. Mine is likely to expire in a few days before any news of my car.
Mine expires in a couple of weeks and it looks like it will be several weeks before I get the car so I'm in the same situation. I have to go to my local credit union tomorrow and they have 1.99% but I'm not sure how long the lock is.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLone
I completely get where you’re coming from brother, in the end, demand will be more important to push out that volume…however, that being said…i think theres a substantial amount of us here that do care. Additionally, when we ordered the car, we expect to get those features which have been around for over a year now….Again, i know its supply and demand, but it’s not fair to those who made the decision to get the car based on those “unmentioned” updates. Is it gonna sway people to reject? I dont know…but its kinda like the mobile charger….imagine if you ordered one in February and you didnt get one despite when you bought it…it was adverised as included…we need to make some noise like we did for the chargers and see what their response will be. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Anything that can be 'fixed' later (or purchased) isn't a concern for me and that's why I wasn't that worked up about the possibility of not getting the mobile connector but I will be really upset if I don't get the new lights. From what we've seen it doesn't look like you could add the light later and that's frustrating. I won't pass on my car but if I knew that waiting an extra couple of weeks would be enough then yes I would wait.

Anything that can be 'fixed' later (or purchased) isn't a concern for me and that's why I wasn't that worked up about the possibility of not getting the mobile connector but I will be really upset if I don't get the new lights. From what we've seen it doesn't look like you could add the light later and that's frustrating. I won't pass on my car but if I knew that waiting an extra couple of weeks would be enough then yes I would wait.
Exactly what im saying…its very upsetting…if i reject delivery and get one a month later with the headlights..then I probably will…gotta get a definite answer from the SA’s.