Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, after my trade-in expired last Friday, I updated the odometer reading, and resubmitted. This morning they wanted photos of the car (again) because there's a high chance I'd modified it. I've had it for 6 years with no mods, and certainly none in the last 30 days while waiting for a M3. SMH.

I just sent them the same photos again. Here's hoping it doesn't delay my delivery (5-19 days and counting).

Guys- count cancelations as a major reason for EDD changes too. An example- my last EDD was June 1-July 6. Then someone canceled and they assigned the car to me. I assume around the same time, someone was assigned the placeholder they had in queue for me originally... and then the dominoes continue on down the line.

Look- by having registered for an account on this site and then watching it (and the app) like hawks, it's obvious this group makes up the most enthusiastic of Tesla's customer base. There are others who may have already bought something else and decided they'd just forfeit the $250 deposit. Or like someone who was active on here a while back, paid the deposit but never completed his profile, and only started checking on the car like a year later.

I'm just not convinced that location or build affect delivery as much as this forum indicates. From a logistics standpoint yes it makes sense to build and ship a whole truck to one city. But many of these loads stop at several delivery centers. They also use rail. LTL loads are not uncommon at all. I would bet your order date & completed financing/profile info play a much bigger role in delivery than anything else

As the official "Poster Child" of EDD's, I thought I'd let all of you know that I'm still holding at EDD #8 (May 11 - June 8).
No updates in some time.
No VIN in source code.
No contact from SA/Tesla.
Apparently one of the few late February OD's (Feb 23) without a two week window or VIN.
To be continued....
I'm rooting for you to at LEAST get a 2 week window this week. 🤞🤞

Yea that is the good part but at the same time I’m worried about it being a reject or something…maybe something is wrong with it. Idk, guess I just worry too much.
I had the same feeling until I remembered a time when I sold computer systems. A woman placed an order for a high end gaming system with all the bells and whistles. Gaming systems didn’t come with printers but she wanted one included. When it finally arrived (custom build takes time), she rejected it because the printer wasn’t the exact same shade of white as the gaming system!😜
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure…. I’ll do due diligence on my M3 when it comes in but passed over by someone else won’t deter me.

Got VIN today 24****. EDD narrowed to May 11 to May 15.
Bittersweet: got text message for delivery (5/14), called Tesla and asked about the headlight, was told car manufactured 4/27 and it has "premium headlights." The Tesla support operator asked me what concerned me about the headlights, seems I was the first person to raise the issue. Hoping for the matrix headlight, fingers crossed.

Update: I emailed [email protected] last week about getting refunded the $95 difference for the wall connector that I purchased a couple weeks ago before the price drop. They just got back to me and are refunding me the difference, although importantly they said that it’s because I’m still in the return window. So if you ordered a wall connector a while ago (I’m not sure how long the return window is) then you probably wouldn’t get refunded the difference.

Update: I emailed [email protected] last week about getting refunded the $95 difference for the wall connector that I purchased a couple weeks ago before the price drop. They just got back to me and are refunding me the difference, although importantly they said that it’s because I’m still in the return window. So if you ordered a wall connector a while ago (I’m not sure how long the return window is) then you probably wouldn’t get refunded the difference.
Thanks for the update! I checked my email and got the same message. 😀

FYI, the return window for the charger is 60 days.

I am coming from NW indiana so the one in Westmont on Ogden ave is closest to me.
Picking mine up on Ogden Ave as well. It is physically there without a charging port. I was there today in-person and learned they expect the charging ports to arrive on the 10th and they will start installing them in cars on the 11th. I got onto a list of 4 cars in the Priority Line because they saw I was in a rental car paying everyday my EDD gets pushed back every morning at 9am by a day. I am now at least know the EDD for my VIN is incorrect (5/2-5/6) because that charging port comes days after my delivery window expires. I asked if my car had the Matrix headlights. My SA said he wasn’t able to see that on his screen.

I reached out to my SA about the matrix headlights (even though I don’t have a VIN assigned yet), and the manager from my local dealership responded with:
“At this time, yes the Model 3 vehicles that are being delivered do not have the new headlamps. We are not sure when production will make that change to those Matrix headlamps. When you are matched with a vin we can check your vehicle specifically”.

I personally didn’t even know about the headlights when ordering, and quite honestly just want LED headlights versus my current/previous vehicles non-LED. Not entirely sure how much the matrix ones are different as I haven’t researched them a lot.