Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla never advertised Model 3s as coming with matrix headlights.
They have. Visually - on the order page.

These pictures were taken from Tesla's order pages today: a M3LR and MYLR side to side. All three variants of the M3 - and the MYP - have had the projector headlights for a while now, and the headlights look the same on the order page if either of those four cars is selected.

3.png

The MYLR on the right is the only vehicle Tesla offers in North America at the moment that is 'known' to still use the old reflector headlights, which look a lot different - even in the renderings on the Tesla order pages, as you can see here. Compare the MYLR to the MYP on the website, and you'll see that the MYP has headlights that look exactly like those in the picture of the M3LR on the left.

Everyone who has ordered a M3 recently should have a rendering of their specific car configuration on both the phone and web apps which clearly show the projector lights on the left instead of the reflector lights on the right (at least mine do).

I asked about that, but because I'm financing, the policy document has to list the finance company. Therefore showing a copy of my current insurance wasn't going to cut it. I went ahead and purchased a policy when they said my car was going to be available this week. Unfortunately now I'm waiting on the charge port so I'll probably cancel until that's sorted out. It only takes a few minutes to get a policy set up, so I'd wait until you have the option of scheduling your pickup before buying a new policy. This is just my $0.02 so do what works best for you.
In Indiana you have a 30 day grace period to put your new car on your policy and drive around on the old one.

They have. Visually - on the order page.

These pictures were taken from Tesla's order pages today: a M3LR and MYLR side to side. All three variants of the M3 - and the MYP - have had the projector headlights for a while now, and the headlights look the same on the order page if either of those four cars is selected.

View attachment 799758

The MYLR on the right is the only vehicle Tesla offers in North America at the moment that is 'known' to still use the old reflector headlights, which look a lot different - even in the renderings on the Tesla order pages, as you can see here. Compare the MYLR to the MYP on the website, and you'll see that the MYP has headlights that look exactly like those in the picture of the M3LR on the left.

Everyone who has ordered a M3 recently should have a rendering of their specific car configuration on both the phone and web apps which clearly show the projector lights on the left instead of the reflector lights on the right (at least mine do).
I think that legally there is a difference between showing a picture and actually stating in words that the matrix headlights are standard equipment. Plus I'm sure the purchasing the agreement is worded in such a way that it allows Tesla to change things, like with the Intel to Ryzen chip change, tire change, or removing the mobile charger as part of the purchase.

If they honor mine I'll make $95 because my electric company has a rebate of us to $500 and I've already submitted the receipt to them showing the previous price. I feel a little dirty for doing that but I'm going to do it because without the registration they won't process the rebate and if more than 75 Tesla owners get their rebate before me it drops to $250. I'll chalk this up to my reward for being jerked around with EDDs. :)
I haven’t even heard back yet and already spent the money on a red faceplate for the wall charger. 😂

After watching all these posts and seeing your ED dates and my ED dates move around, I only check my EDD weekly. Today my dates narrowed from the typical 4 week spread to 5/10-5/23 so I figured it was worth a post.

White/White/18" No FSD.
Denver area delivery,

Order Date 2/18/22
I received a vin today- 238xxx with 28 miles, delivery to be scheduled this week. The 28 miles has me concerned that this particular car was rejected by someone else. Trying to get more details from T before I get too excited.

I received a vin today- 238xxx with 28 miles, delivery to be scheduled this week. The 28 miles has me concerned that this particular car was rejected by someone else. Trying to get more details from T before I get too excited.
As big as the Giga factories are that's probably just what it takes to drive them around and out to the loeading truck. lol

In all seriousness, I would definitely check on that as well. Sounds like they've driven it a little for some reason.

Reactions: jpaychek
As big as the Giga factories are that's probably just what it takes to drive them around and out to the loeading truck. lol

In all seriousness, I would definitely check on that as well. Sounds like they've driven it a little for some reason.
Wonder how to explain the 26 miles on the odom of my car that’s got NO charging port installed yet?

Reactions: jpaychek and Mwhusa
Wonder how to explain the 26 miles on the odom of my car that’s got NO charging port installed yet?
Got my 249xxx VIN today, and it has 15 miles on the odom

I also asked the SA about whether my car had matrix headlights and got a confusing response: "We'll do our best to provide the latest and greatest options we can offer. Due to part shortage we've been seeing vehicles with these headlights come in. Still an awesome vehicle. Congrats!"

VIN assignment: 247,3xx

Days from order to VIN: 104
EDD Window: 108-112 days from order

Not the longest wait listed in the tracker spreadsheet... But, not the shortest. I've just got my fingers crossed the delivery date ends up on a weekend, given the 6hr drive from Laramie to Salt Lake City
I bet yours is the lone red M3 I saw on the lot last week. Just waiting for the charging port to be installed.

Got my 249xxx VIN today, and it has 15 miles on the odom
My vehicle was titled at 15 miles, but I'm pretty sure it had quite a few more miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot. Fifteen may just be a paperwork number that they use, while testing and transport may add a number more miles.
The battery is certainly charged at the factory so that they can test that the drive train is to spec, and then they have to drive the vehicle to storage, on and off trains, on and off trucks, and so forth. Not a lot of miles, but the vehicle has to be able to move under its own power. Also, you don't store a battery at zero charge. So the car could be driven for hundreds of miles in its delivered state. I think mine had around 60% charge, but I don't really remember. It definitely wasn't a low state of charge.

So is it every single new delivery has old headlights now? Anyone take delivery today?
I saw a woman taking delivery of her M3P today that did NOT have matrix headlights. There were several other Model 3s there that DID have matrix headlights. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets them. It’s parts availability during the narrow window of time in which your particular car was being assembled (from what I can tell). Same thing goes with the charging ports. Mine was assembled when there was a shortage of them so my car is sitting at the dealership just waiting for the charging port.

Did you finalize the payment and insurance info after selecting the pickup date or before?
I have a VIN and my EDD is 2 weeks out. I need to provide insurance information, but dont know when to start the insurance as i dont have an option to select pickup date. Any thoughts?
For people who have taken delivery or have a delivery date scheduled.
Got my VIN a few days ago and my 4 day EDD is 2 weeks out. I need to provide insurance information, but dont know when to start the insurance as i dont have an option to select pickup date. Should I wait till I get the notification to schedule delivery? What is the best course.
I wasn't able to select a delivery date until my trade-in had processed and I was approved for financing. Then the MVPA updates.

The initial date and time I had selected was canceled by Tesla because not only was the truck carrying my vehicle has stuck at the border due to the blockade in Coutts, AB, but the driver of the truck was unvaccinated (really?).

My SA twice changed the delivery date range available to me to accommodate the delays.

I was told to get insurance the day before my scheduled pickup. In Alberta the vehicle needs to have a valid policy to be driven - there's no grace period.

After reading many posts, I texted my so called SA just now regarding Ryden chip and the matrix headlights. Confirmed its ryzen chip. But for the lights, they said I'd have to wait until it arrives here as it does not give rhem that data. Vin 234 Edd May 21-27. Made April 9.