Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10 days away from my first EDD, its never updated since day one.. I think I will see an new EDD sometime in the next few days or could I be one of the lucky ones and see a vin in a week or so. šŸ˜±. One can always dream šŸ˜‚
Seems like a bunch of us Mid May EDD holders are coming up with no updates. I hope it goes straight to VIN.

Phases of Tesla Order psychosis

Order Day - Wild enthusiasm! 90 Day wait? I can do that in my sleep!
Day 1-30 - Educating myself, watching videos, buying accessories. Still 2 months to go, whatever, I can handle it!
Day 31-60 - Why isnā€™t my EDD Updating! What?! No Charger, where is my Matrix headlights, this Sucks!
Day 61-90 - Jeez! Is the calendar moving backward! Everyday no updates! What, now interest rates going up WTF!

Delivery Day - Wow, that went fast! What a great car! I donā€™t understand why people think the ordering process is so bad.

Yep, this is me alright.

Day 1-30 - Educating myself, watching videos, buying accessories. Still 2 months to go, whatever, I can handle it!
Day 31-60 - Why isnā€™t my EDD Updating! What?! No Charger, where is my Matrix headlights, this Sucks!
Day 61-90 - Jeez! Is the calendar moving backward! Everyday no updates! What, now interest rates going up WTF!

Delivery Day - Wow, that went fast! What a great car! I donā€™t understand why people think the ordering process is so bad.

Yep, this is me alright.
I am in Day 31-60 currently

Looks like the first week of March OD's are getting VINs. Many in FL. Not sure how us February people are getting skipped.
Here's what I've learned:
Living in AZ, relatively close to Fremont, does not get you a car faster.
Buying a premium paint color does not get you a car faster.
Buying the premium interior (white) does not get you a car faster.
Buying FSD does not get you a car faster.
Paying cash does not get you a car faster.
Not having a trade-in does not get you a car faster.
Ask me how I know. šŸ§

Yep, this is me alright.
Did you just take delivery? Congrats!!!! Did you end up getting the matrix lights?

Found a good rate and looks like people can join by joining a club.

0-36 months....as low as 1.59% A.P.R.

37-48 months....as low as 1.69% A.P.R.

49-60 months....as low as 1.79% A.P.R.

61-72 months....as low as 1.89% A.P.R.

73-84 months....as low as 3.49% A.P.R.

Only concern vs them and DCU are they seem very small. 9am-530pm Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm Saturday. Closed Sundays. Someone like DCU is open 24/7.
I reached out to this bank. While they approve out of state accounts. They do not approve loans if you're not based in central Texas. Just FYI.

I thought about PPF and ceramic coating and ultimately decided to wait. I will get the windows tinted when I get the car for sure. I have owned a lot of cars before and not one have I needed PPF so to me I really donā€™t get it. If I was driving a Lamborghini some other super car I would be more inclined to get PPF.
Iā€™m getting a full front ppf only because of how my parents cx-5 hood did during the winter here. They used crushed lava rock sometimesā€¦

Additional update on those considering DCU as a bank, I spent some time chatting with one of their agent's this morning since it seems their loan offices are quite swamped and I can't seem to get them on the phone without a massive wait time. A few key notes:

• Regarding the 0.5% discount for direct deposit and additional 0.25% discount for EV, when speaking to a loan officer at time of finalizing the loan, they will apply the rate to your account and you will have 90 days from the loan account opening to make the necessary updates/documentation. If you don't get it done in 90 days, it will revert to the regular rate (2.74%) that you were approved for.
  • They also mentioned that rates can change at any time, however, "if the rates do change tomorrow, we will give you the current for a few weeks" Not sure how much grace period that is, but at least for me I am hopeful that it should cover the 2 to 3 weeks that I have to picking up my car. (Assuming no last minute EDD change šŸ¤ž)