Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because us late February people are still waiting as well.

Well good news to Feb pep. I just received my vin today its 250.xxx. My info is below. Normally I receive updates on Sunday’s so wasn’t expecting anything until tomorrow morning. We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My order details are below.

MLR Blue Black Int 18 Aero no FSD
OD 2/12 Michigan

EDD at time of order was April
First EDD on 2/15: May 12th - June 9th
Second EDD March 26th- 27th(Saturday night/ Sunday morning sometime): April 28th- June 2nd
Third EDD on April 9/10(Sunday again waking up to this change: April 24th-May 8th
Fourth EDD on April 17th: lost my two week window May 10-June 7th
Fifth EDD on April 24th: Two week window back! May 16th- May 30th
6th EDD May 7th: VIN Assigned 4pm eastern time. Estimated delivery date May 20th-24th. Waiting on my advisor to schedule a pick up date!

Instead of checking the app 100 times a day and be disappointed, I decide to make my misery worse and get my mind off my Tesla ..This crowd will make you forget about all your troubles 😂😂😂
0E992801-6D53-4570-9882-6498DE3D7BA8.jpeg

My SA wouldn't give any update how long it would take for charge port installation. Thankfully car arrived Friday and I'll pick up on Monday. Don't want to give you false expectations but this is how it worked in my case. I also feel like my SA was on her game mostly. She was able to get me into a car when someone else wasn't able to accept delivery (assuming it was payment issues) that matched my order exactly. This shaved at least a month off my wait, potentially 2. If anyone is in the Indianapolis area, ask if you can work with Amy. She is really friendly and good at what she does
Yea I would say at least two months, maybe more. There were a lot more sales in March than Feb and you beat us. Congrats on the car.

Last edited:
I just poked around a bit and it looks like VINs have been assigned to orders no later than mid-February. Does that sound correct? Does anyone have a VIN later than that who is not in an exceptional situation such as getting somebody else's cancelled order? If so, we're looking at at least 3 month waits, Perhaps an extra month for base configurations. I'm just trying to simplify expectations here. The web site is predicting 3-6 months for upgraded configurations on new orders. Base configurations are 5-7 months. Just nuts.

Hmm. If Tesla is building 18,000 Model 3s per month and they're backed up around 6 months, that's 108,000 pending orders. I'm glad they're not all waiting here. Yikes.

Yea I would say at least two months, maybe more. There were a lot more sales in March than Feb and you beat us. Congrats on the car.
Thanks, yeah I figured based on my EDD it was going to be a long wait. If it wasn't June (which was questionable) I figured it was going to be August. The 1st month of each quarter seems to be nearly no deliveries, so July didn't seem realistic. Just glad someone canceled their order to allow me a sooner delivery date. It's not over yet... still have to do a final inspection , so anything could happen. Good luck to all of you waiting. Mine will be 55 days from order to delivery. Unless you're similarly lucky, I would expect 95-125 days depending on when you ordered.

I just poked around a bit and it looks like VINs have been assigned to orders no later than mid-February. Does that sound correct? Does anyone have a VIN later than that who is not in an exceptional situation such as getting somebody else's cancelled order? If so, we're looking at at least 3 month waits, Perhaps an extra month for base configurations. I'm just trying to simplify expectations here. The web site is predicting 3-6 months for upgraded configurations on new orders. Base configurations are 5-7 months. Just nuts.

Hmm. If Tesla is building 18,000 Model 3s per month and they're backed up around 6 months, that's 108,000 pending orders. I'm glad they're not all waiting here. Yikes.
For LR Model 3's, I have seen mid to late February at the latest. With the exception of someone on Reddit who was an early March order that got their VIN. I have been seeing a number of M3P who ordered the first week or so of March that are getting Vins assigned.

Reactions: TSLone and Junior86
New Signature update today. Got my two week window! And I’m eerily close to the end of my initial EDD of course.
For those that have no updates at 60-70 days. I was one of you with no updates until the first day of my initial EDD. I’m not going to lie. It feels better to get some action than no action. This 8 update club is living the dream.

Come on Elon. Roll them to AZ.
I’m convinced our cars are going to come on the same truck. If you got you’re two week window I don’t think mine will be moved back Monday, I may get a VIN by Wednesday & I think you probably will get yours really soon too.

They can’t move my two week EDD back if they just gave you a two week window 😂

Last edited:
I’ve had a couple 14 day windows and picking up from Fremont.

My hunch is that Fremont is not keeping a lot of stock on site while there’s a shortage on the charging ports, and instead are loading cars up for delivery to other locations to prevent a backlog.
That is confirmed in my case. My car arrived today but I will have up
To a 20 day wait for the charge port replacement to arrive and be installed but I can take delivery.

I’m convinced our cars are going to come on the same truck. If you got you’re two week window I don’t think mine will be moved back Monday, I may get a VIN by Wednesday & I think you probably will get yours really soon too.

They can’t move my two week EDD back if they just gave you a two week window 😂
Are you really trying to apply logic to the Tesla EDD???