Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! I live in So Cal and we had an electrician who puts them in weekly and found them under the Tesla website and we had to pull permits to have it installled. They take care of all that but $750 total cost.
Ouch. I know electrical work aint' cheap. My nephew in Maryland had his wall charger installed with a 70' or so run for $1500 (lowest bid). I couldn't find any requirement for permits in my area, but I get the feeling no one really cares here unless one decides to sell their house. I knew I could do the work, but for anyone who has a more involved run and doesn't feel comfortable doing the work, I highly recommend a qualified electrician.

It finally happened overnight - I’ve got a VIN!! 252xxx. New window 5/22-5/26.

Truthfully I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, checked and saw it, and didn’t get excited because I thought had to be dreaming 😂 Checked again this morning and sure enough it was there!!
Niceeee...love to see the WNY peeps get theirs. I'm hoping I see mine next week!!

Did you just check the app and saw the vin there when you found it?

Reactions: Junior86
Got our Wall Connector installed on Sat that we originally ordered in March (Tesla did honor the $95 refund for the price change from a couple weeks ago since it was within the 60 day return window). We have a detached garage. Ran about 100ft of new 6 gauge thhn in conduit under our crawl space and used an existing conduit from outside of there to the garage. Had to move some breakers from our main panel to a sub panel to make room for a new 60 amp breaker. Our friend is an election and did the work for cheap with us helping with some it. $625 total (~$500 of which was just the supplies). Now just need the car.

No change in our EDD since the last update on 04/29. Only about a 1.5 weeks till the start of it (EDD 05/20-06/03) and no VIN yet.

View attachment 802088

View attachment 802093

Got our Wall Connector installed on Sat that we originally ordered in March (Tesla did honor the $95 refund for the price change from a couple weeks ago since it was within the 60 day return window). We have a detached garage. Ran about 100ft of new 6 gauge thhn in conduit under our crawl space and used an existing conduit from outside of there to the garage. Had to move some breakers from our main panel to a sub panel to make room for a new 60 amp breaker. Our friend is an election and did the work for cheap with us helping with some it. $625 total (~$500 of which was just the supplies). Now just need the car.

No change in our EDD since the last update on 04/29. Only about a 1.5 weeks till the start of it (EDD 05/20-06/03) and no VIN yet.

View attachment 802088

View attachment 802093
Definitely helps if you have a friend who is an electrician! I considered that knowing several in my neighborhood, but wanted to try my hand at it first. Looks like you should be getting your new ride soon! Too bad we can't get our cars delivered to our home.

Ouch. I know electrical work aint' cheap. My nephew in Maryland had his wall charger installed with a 70' or so run for $1500 (lowest bid). I couldn't find any requirement for permits in my area, but I get the feeling no one really cares here unless one decides to sell their house. I knew I could do the work, but for anyone who has a more involved run and doesn't feel comfortable doing the work, I highly recommend a qualified electrician.
yeah, it really shouldn't cost that much. I know there is a cost for permits if you need them, but its less than an hour of work. I paid $225 to have a 14-50 installed and the guy was in and out in 30 minutes.

I've had my VIN for about 10 days now. Four day delivery window starts this weekend. I'm half tempted to swing by the delivery center and see if its there already.

OD: March 7, 2022, with pick up at Savannah, GA
M3LR | MSM | 18" | No FSD

Initial EDD: May 2022

EDD change on 3/8: June 1 - July 15

Modified pickup location to Atlanta, GA on 3/15

2nd EDD change on 3/15: May 17 - June 28

3rd EDD change on 3/22: May 18 - June 22

4th EDD change on 4/30: May 26 - June 23

5th EDD change on 5/9: June 3 - June 17

Is this normal? I ordered my car on Jan 4th. Haven't changed a thing on it.
Don't normally check my tesla account, maybe once a month.
Dates kept changing, etc. About 2 weeks ago I got a VIN number assigned and called into Tesla.
I mentioned that I have never had any communication w/Tesla since my reservation E-mail. Not a text, not an e-mail, and everything on my account is correct. He said I should be hearing from them soon.
This morning my delivery date changed to tomorrow 5/8!!!!! Still not a single communication from Telsa.
Guess I'll call again this morning, but IS THIS NORMAL ???!!!! To not hear from them?
Unfortunately that seems to be the norm.

It finally happened overnight - I’ve got a VIN!! 252xxx. New window 5/22-5/26.

Truthfully I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, checked and saw it, and didn’t get excited because I thought had to be dreaming 😂 Checked again this morning and sure enough it was there!!
Nice! Maybe I’ll get a VIN tomorrow (same OD and 5/17-5/31 is my current window… I.e. lagging your previous window by a day) 🤞

Niceeee...love to see the WNY peeps get theirs. I'm hoping I see mine next week!!

Did you just check the app and saw the vin there when you found it?
Thinking a lot of us will get ours these next few days. Fingers crossed for the rest of you guys!!

And yep - looked like this

Attachments

• 34688427-30F3-4EF5-AB3B-DD6A6DAB9371.jpeg
    34688427-30F3-4EF5-AB3B-DD6A6DAB9371.jpeg
    576.3 KB · Views: 83
60 days🥳….Not one update since ordering. I think the date not moving is more frustrating than EDDs constantly changing :)
Best just to chill. I went 73 days until my first update. I actually preferred it, I think I would go crazy with the(Date was pushed back/forth) activity. When I ordered it said may on the website, may EDD was Mid May to early June, and now it’s a 14 day window of late May to early June. So actually it’s right on schedule(But never fast enough).

I’m right there with you. My OD was 3/8 and not 1 update since initial EDD.
Same, I am right here with you all as well. I had a blip on March 5th where for a few minutes my EDD Turned to "TBD". I know this because I am running distill we monitor on my web browser. Not sure if it means anything. I had asked my SA a few weeks ago, and they said it was definitely a good thing that our EDDs are not changing. Personally, it makes me nervous that something is wrong with my order, but I have texted my SA many times to confirm my order looks good.

The end of this week puts me 2 weeks from the start of my EDD window which is still a 4-week window.

OD: March 7, 2022, with pick up at Savannah, GA
M3LR | MSM | 18" | No FSD

Initial EDD: May 2022

EDD change on 3/8: June 1 - July 15

Modified pickup location to Atlanta, GA on 3/15

2nd EDD change on 3/15: May 17 - June 28

3rd EDD change on 3/22: May 18 - June 22

4th EDD change on 4/30: May 26 - June 23

5th EDD change on 5/9: June 3 - June 17
That gives me some hope. I ordered the same configuration a day before you.

Best just to chill. I went 73 days until my first update. I actually preferred it, I think I would go crazy with the(Date was pushed back/forth) activity. When I ordered it said may on the website, may EDD was Mid May to early June, and now it’s a 14 day window of late May to early June. So actually it’s right on schedule(But never fast enough).
I just feel like my order is "stuck" but I've seen many around the early March timeframe with just original EDD. I'm feeling confident the window will shrink in the next week or so and VIN likely assigned end of May with delivery in June (trying to be optimistic lol)

GRADUATION DAY UPDATE:

Picked up Saturday afternoon from SLC after a 6hr drive from Laramie.

First: Red Multicoat looks absolutely gorgeous in person. Even the wife wholeheartedly agreed it was totally worth the upcharge.

Second: it looks like we got matrix headlights. I'm currently charging at home with the mobile charger, if that was still a question mark (OD and VIN in sig). I didn't notice anything on inspection, but frankly if it wasn't super obvious, we weren't going to make a fuss, we really just wanted to pick up and get out of there.

IMG_20220507_181229.jpg

The SLC DC was filled to the brim and did have a *ton* of Model 3s so hopefully some of you SLC'rs will be getting VINs and DDs scheduled. We drove down in a Wrangler 4xe and it was tight navigating that lot...

For my red multicoats brethren, I did see at least one other red M3 (black interior) on the lot, and my wife said she saw another one (but it might've been a MY).

Finally, after driving the more than 300 miles home, I cannot fully convey how much of a blast this thing is to drive. I'm by no means any sort of driving enthusiast, but the twisty runs of the I-80 up the Rockies back towards Wyoming were SO much fun on the way back. Even at speeds in and around 80 mph limit in Wyoming, mashing the gas pedal never failed to launch the M3LR like a rocket. I thought I knew what torque was with the Wrangler... and I'm sure real car connoisseurs would have criticisms I wouldn't be able to pick up on, but man, I could NOT wipe the grin from my face the entire trip back.

All told: 109 days between ordering and delivery. VIN received less than a week prior to pick up. EDD updates were a roller coaster of emotion, but ultimately we took delivery on the very last day of the original EDD provided to us in January. Only a couple days into ownership, but so far: TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

Hang in there, all y'all