Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting ready to apply for financing does anybody know if Teslas partners typically have better rates? What have y’all’s experience been with financing

Thanks
Process was pretty simple, but with a catch. I initially received a pretty terrible rate - much higher than was advertised on the Tesla website, and higher than I was even getting quoted by traditional car dealerships.

I emailed them back, and they quickly found another partner with a VERY competitive rate for my credit score/background. The only problem is that they had to do 2 more hard credit pulls in their search, which could adversely affect me moving forward (especially, worst case scenario, if I have to reject delivery and then re-apply for a loan when my turn comes back around).

I’ve had my vin since 4/25 with the the daily pushback due to parts and the lack of transparency is driving me crazy.
I wonder what would happen if I put my order on hold now. Would they release the vin to someone else? If so, I feel like I might actually get a car faster once they release my current vin, then I take away the hold , then get matched to a newer and complete car 🧐🧐🧐 will this work??

Reactions: catman44
Hey All! Just joined and figured I'd drop my order status thus far. Will also be verifying headlights before accepting delivery.

M3LR White, Black interior, 18" Aero
OD: 2/26
Original EDD: 5/16-6/13
Update 5/7 EDD: 5/23-6/6
What location are you picking up from? Keep me posted on your experience. I am in Chicago area as well, ordered almost a month after you. Hoping to get my delivery by end of quarter.

Process was pretty simple, but with a catch. I initially received a pretty terrible rate - much higher than was advertised on the Tesla website, and higher than I was even getting quoted by traditional car dealerships.

I emailed them back, and they quickly found another partner with a VERY competitive rate for my credit score/background. The only problem is that they had to do 2 more hard credit pulls in their search, which could adversely affect me moving forward (especially, worst case scenario, if I have to reject delivery and then re-apply for a loan when my turn comes back around).
Thanks for sharing that. I would be mad about the extra checks.

I am doing a partial finance and I was wondering did you guys pay the remaining balance prior to delivery or when you picked the car up with a cashier check?
The app allows you to use "Plaid" system to make the payment from a bank account. I connected my bank account with Plaid from inside Tesla app and made the payment. Then went to my bank account website and disconnected the access, once the payment was completed one day later.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Hello everyone, we are looking into pulling the trigger on ordering a model 3 LR, the configurator says the EDD is July-Oct. how likely do you guys find that being true. Lastly is this a good time to order a model 3?
It will depend on many factors, but basically, if you get the base LR model it will be closer to October, if you option it out with 19 inch wheels, paint, FSD it will be closer to July. And anywhere(and I do mean anywhere) in between.

Hello everyone, we are looking into pulling the trigger on ordering a model 3 LR, the configurator says the EDD is July-Oct. how likely do you guys find that being true. Lastly is this a good time to order a model 3?
That range is probably accurate. I ordered late March and will likely get delivery in June/July (or maybe even August). Always hoping for earlier, but I expect the worst at this point. I'm being told it could be early July, but based on my most recent observations it seems like deliveries drop off to next to nothing for the 1st month after the end of the quarter, so if I don't take delivery in June, I expect an August delivery, not July.

Reactions: phishphan
AZ peeps!!!! Just got my VIN, I was at a 2 week EDD and checked the source code this morning and didn't see the VIN. Got the text at 10:22am today getting my VIN. 249XXX
Congrats !!! There is light at the end of the tunnel :). My OD was a date ahead of you, but EDD starts on 5/12 so am building up my hopes for a VIN on Thursday !!!