Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Following this thread and google order sheet.

M3LR | Deep Blue Metalic | All Back | 18'
OD: 2/27/22, EDD - May 23 - Jun 6
Delivery Location: Westchester-Mt. Kisco

Less than 2 weeks till my EDD, still no VIN yet. Did not find it in the source code either.

Are they others who are in a similar boat with no VIN assignment with less than 2 weeks till EDD?
Identical order to yours that was made a few days before you did in the same area. No VIN yet but hopefully that it'll show up in the next week or so.

Picking up in Paramus, NJ.

HOLY COW IT'S HAPPENING
I got an unexpected text from my SA, telling me my VIN has been assigned!! 🤩
I had to check the app in disbelief...I really didn't expect the 5/7 early EDD to be for real, I fully expected it to change to July - August again. But there it was: a real, actual VIN! I must have been given someone else's cancellation, near my area. I haven't asked about the lights or anything yet, I'm just getting the insurance and payment arrangements made.

I'm so excited!! 😁
FSD HELPED ALOT

HOLY COW IT'S HAPPENING
I had to check the app in disbelief...I really didn't expect the 5/7 early EDD to be for real, I fully expected it to change to July - August again. But there it was: a real, actual VIN! I must have been given someone else's cancellation, near my area. I haven't asked about the lights or anything yet, I'm just getting the insurance and payment arrangements made.

I'm so excited!! 😁
Thats AWESOME! When I got word that I could pick ours up tomorrow thru Saturday I was very happy. My VIN is 227XXX. Just sent in the proof of insurance and will head to the bank tomorrow to get a cashiers check. Pretty excited! We were very fortunate to have one come in that someone did not want or could not take delivery. I already have PPF/TINT scheduled later this month.

This right here. My car has been sitting there since 4/30 with a 4 day window that slips everyday. I have read some posts about some getting delivery dates but it seems to be mostly out west. If anyone on the east coast with a slipping EDD get to pickup please let it be known. This is so frustrating to have my car less than 5 minutes up the road just sitting there…it’s been almost 2 weeks and what’s even more frustrating is the lack of communication . C’mon tesla get it together. By simply communicating with folks this entire process could be made way less frustrating.
Atlanta is getting the ECUs. friend of mine had vin with first 4-day edd window on 4/27, pushed back 3 times, got a text today asking to take delivery on May 12

I've had my Atlanta pickup VIN for a while now. Slips a day every day. Currently saying May10-14th but SA says not before the 15th due to charge port.

VIN 235XXX

Note: This car was ordered November 22nd, 2021. So we are approaching 6 months. I wasn't in a hurry as I was driving a 2021 M3LR but I sold it last week and now am ready for the new car!

Friend of mine picking his M3LR on May 12, after 4 times pushback due to missing ECU. So hopefully yours is soon. Coincidentally he also ordered his at end of 2021 (Dec), but he did push back delivery once.

This right here. My car has been sitting there since 4/30 with a 4 day window that slips everyday. I have read some posts about some getting delivery dates but it seems to be mostly out west. If anyone on the east coast with a slipping EDD get to pickup please let it be known. This is so frustrating to have my car less than 5 minutes up the road just sitting there…it’s been almost 2 weeks and what’s even more frustrating is the lack of communication . C’mon tesla get it together. By simply communicating with folks this entire process could be made way less frustrating.
My friend is getting delivery on May 12, his first 4-day delivery window was Apr 27, got pushed back 4 times due to ECU but it seems installed now.

Is everything online with them or do you have to fillout paperwork through the mail?

I was going to go with Carolina Cooperative but I received their packet in the mail and ... its... a lot of work it appears. They want copies of everything financial wise, and forms, so many forms. I was overwhelmed at all the papers they packed into this little packet that you have to manually fill out.

I pulled up the Affinity site and it appears that 72/84 months isn't that bad APR (for todays standards) so that is what I would go with if I went with them, but I am back in the boat of trying to find a loan place and this is a top contender if everything can be done online.

Looks like DCU is one of the top options for Tesla people as well.
They have approved me the next morning after filing out the application and now the loan is in underwriting. From my application experience, everything is online. They asked me to upload a scan of my license as a part of the application, so I assume they have the built in capability to get documents electronically. Will update you as I go along.

Just got approved for the loan at 3.24% for 72 months with tesla app (U.S Bank.)
I'm putting $10000 down.

Is that a good deal???

72 months is a quite a long term, so the rate will be higher than 36 or 48 regardless of financier. My credit union has 72 month at 2.6%, but 36 month at 1.89%. So there are places that provides loan cheaper than Tesla, but may not be that much cheaper if you take a 72 month loan.

HOLY COW IT'S HAPPENING

I'm so excited!! 😁
Right on! Super pumped for ya!

Hi All,

Following this thread and google order sheet.

M3LR | Deep Blue Metalic | All Back | 18'
OD: 2/27/22, EDD - May 23 - Jun 6
Delivery Location: Westchester-Mt. Kisco

Less than 2 weeks till my EDD, still no VIN yet. Did not find it in the source code either.

Are they others who are in a similar boat with no VIN assignment with less than 2 weeks till EDD?
Nearly identical OD (2/26) and EDD (5/23-6/6). Delivery to Chicago area. No vin in the app or source code yet, hoping to see something soon!

Reactions: makopolo
Atlanta is getting the ECUs. friend of mine had vin with first 4-day edd window on 4/27, pushed back 3 times, got a text today asking to take delivery on May 12
Great news...I really hope it'll be soon. My car has been sitting there since 4/30. Just waiting for it to get built and be delivered here was agonizing and now this with no word from anyone. I'm really getting impatient lol I went a test drove a BMW today and was this close - 👌🏾- to buying it.

Reactions: JB from the AZ