Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes me excited because my order date was March 24 seems like they are in the March orders now.

Still waiting on a smaller window EDD and of course a VIN. I am EDD May 31st to Jun 30th. Funny thing is it shifted out after I switched from lease to buy.

M3LR/MSM/black/19"/No FSD
OD:3/10
Hang in there, my OD is 2/20 and almost same car except for 19". My 6th EDD was a 4 week like yours and then it drops to a 2 week which I'm not holding my breath but that could change and go backwards. I received one text for a trade in. There really is no sense on how they decide but knowingly soon we won't be buying gas. We already know they aren't great at CS as we are also getting Tesla Solar and communication isn't their forte.

How was the rate communicated to you? I haven't followed up on my approval email which didn't contain any details. Besides, still a little too far away from a VIN to be bothered at the moment, just curious if they are still hovering around 2.24% ?
It was on the last screen after filling out the loan application. I just setup an account and now I think I have to call them to lock in the loan but idk if I need a VIN.

Picking up in Santa Barbara.

Ordered White on White March 2
Original window: Jun 6 - July 04
March 3: switched to Blue on White
March 3rd or 4th: EDD changed to May 9 - June 6
May 10: EDD changed to may 15 - May 29
Screenshot_20220512-062906_Gallery.jpg

May 11: Switched to MSM / White
May 11: VIN assigned (253xxx), delivery estimate May 11-may 17
I work down the street and should have ordered from here rather than Camarillo. But maybe it's in Here! Congratulations!

Reactions: michael805
I called it!
Woke up to EDD #9, and a two week window!!!! May 16 - 30!
I'm going to say that a VIN comes in the next 2 - 4 days.
C'mon Arizona love!!!!!
hell yea!

Now lets BOTH get our VIN in the next few days lol. However I have a weird feeling that come Saturday at 8am, my EDD is gonna get pushed again... and I hate that feeling haha. If it's only pushed out 1 day again, I can handle that, but I'd REALLY love to get a vin by the weekend.

Hey everyone, I'm Scott and we recently ordered our M3LR AWD. White on white with aero wheels and FSD.
OD: 03/07/2022
EDD: 5/29-6-26
Kansas City Area

So grateful we got our order in when we did, saved $3500.00 already. They also started and then revoked earlier delivery with FSD purchase after ordering.

I was also wondering about rumors I've heard about the M3 getting ventilated (heating and cooling) seats. Does anyone know about this? Maybe a possible mini refresh this month?
Update - We now have a delivery date of 5/21/2022. Yay!!!! Can't come soon enough!

Also the price for a new Model 3 is $5,000.00 more than when I ordered.

I have been watching way to many YouTube videos and range anxiety comes at the top of my list.
I forgot to address this part of your post. Don't worry about range. I wrote a long explanation of why, but it really boils down to one thing: the electric vehicle's range is available every day. Unless you drive more than 280 miles in one day (90% to 10% SoC), you shouldn't worry about range. That's over four and a half hours of driving at 60mph. If you drive at 40mph, you can go farther, and it's that much more drive time. Then there's those guys who put 600 miles on a Tesla Model 3 by driving at 19mph for 32 hours. You could always go that route...

My range anxiety was cured when I was driving on the highway here and a Model S blew past me at 70mph with his windows down. That's supposed to absolutely kill range. But he knew what I hadn't yet learned: that a Tesla is just a car. So just drive it.

Oh, and don't watch the YouTube channels that show Teslas getting into wrecks (so many cameras). You'll be sure that the world is out to get you.

Last edited:
Since one comes with the car based on my ODD, what do you all think about the connector with both plugs as I already have the 14-50 for the garage. I was thinking $200 for another one for the garage so not to forget a cord or plug. I have been watching way to many YouTube videos and range anxiety comes at the top of my list.
Yesterday, my electrician finished the 240v install in my garage. I then hooked up the travel charger with a 14-50 connector. Hopefully, a connector will be included in my car. For my location, I saw a post here that cars will have chargers until the end of June.

I have range anxiety in Oregon and so I went with a second portable charger. I'm cheap too and do not need faster charging at $400 more.

Reactions: M3Kat
We have the same config and similar dates. They must be getting ready to deliver some of the late Feb orders starting around the third week in May. Waiting for the VIN is excruciating thats for sure. Come on Tesla!
I attended the 'Tesla Express Delivery' Teams meeting call last week, by Mt Kisco folks, and there were atleast 80+ people on the call taking delivery this weekend and next. The actual people taking delivery could much larger. So I am assuming that MT Kisco location capacity might be coming into play too and hopefully once the owners pickup their cars this weekend, they will likely be assigning new VINs over the weekend.

One unrelated thing, which I found funny was, people using their Teams display name as a couple's name: 'Mr and Mrs ABC'.

Another thing the folks at Mt Kisco told me, when I was scheduling the delivery was, at one of the 5pm timeslots there were already 8 people scheduled and hence you couldnt add any further. So I am assuming they will be moving like 40-50 cars everyday from location. That means inspecting 40-50 cars everyday and making sure they are ready for delivery.

People's locations are part of their profile. On a desktop browser, their basic information is shown to the left of their post. I don't know how you might see that on a phone. Perhaps viewing in landscape would show it. Cassady Brewer is in Ohio.

I have the mobile connector with both adapters and plan on keeping that in the car. When (if) the corded connector comes into stock, I'll use that at home. The mobile connector with 14-50 adapter is rated at 32 amps while the corded connector has a wired 14-50 socket on it and is rated at 40 amps.

I would expect that to delay your order. By going to White, you're changing your order to a minimum configuration vehicle. In the configurator, those have an extra month delay, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that time added to your EDD. If you also throw in some other premium feature then I would expect you to keep your EDD. Again, these are all just my expectations.
He’s right. While nothing is guaranteed, switching from from a ‘premium’ color to basic fits the parameters of a longer EDD push.

Reactions: JB47394
My VIN was assigned on 5/3 along with a 4-day window but I haven't had my delivery scheduled or the final paperwork delivered so I can finalize my financing. Have others had similar experiences?
same here. VIN assigned 5/1 with my four day window 5/15-5/19. Uploaded my insurance docs and I haven't had any activity since. I texted the SA and got the standard "we'll let you know when we are ready to schedule delivery". I did stop by the service center earlier this week and I don't believe my car is on site, but there were others with new VINs than me, so what do I know?

Reactions: ehartfiel