Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else in the southeast? My Florida delivery date continues to get pushed each day (went from May 8-14 to May 9-15, then May 10-15, then May 11-15, now May 12-17) and I've heard the car is "in Alabama with about 200 other vehicles and they don't have enough trucks to deliver all the vehicles to the nearby states."

Seems like a strange rationale?
It’s the ecu…delivery dates being pushed by a day everyday all over. Patience young grasshopper lol

Before you purchase Rimetrix check out a few reviews. Initially, they had problems with chaffing on M3 alloy wheels. They took steps to fix this issue and I don't know the latest. They do look good.
Yeah I've read that too. From the recent videos/reviews I've read, the issue doesn't seem to be reported as much, but I also don't know if anybody is following up after they first put them on.

THE SAME HERE...
I think we my see something Friday or Saturday. Based on reading the tea leaves from some recent postings here, I suspect the our cars will be manufactured this week. (I'm using the source code technique several times each day to see if I have been assigned a VIN yet. Several folks have said that you get a VIN via source code just after the car is manufactured.)

Anyone else in the southeast? My Florida delivery date continues to get pushed each day (went from May 8-14 to May 9-15, then May 10-15, then May 11-15, now May 12-17) and I've heard the car is "in Alabama with about 200 other vehicles and they don't have enough trucks to deliver all the vehicles to the nearby states."

Seems like a strange rationale?
I'm picking up in Ft. Lauderdale. Yesterday it was 5/11-5/13, today it's 5/12-5/16, but my SA said via email it's 5/23. No one has contacted me, I've always been the one to call them. My car is waiting on the charge port.

Reactions: devianxxx
Oh wow that was a quick turnaround for you. My OD was 2/7 and I was assigned a vin 4/26 with the edd as 5/9-5-13 and then on 4/30 it changed to 4/30-5/4 and every since that day it’s been pushed back by a day. I’m at the same place as @Stid is currently…5/12-5/16. Seeing as to how you’re in Canton and @Stid is in Cleveland this must be an Ohio thing. I know some are taking delivery in ATL and NY so those ecu’s are making their way over…I’m just out of patience lol and it’s the lack of communication that’s killing it for me. Fingers crossed. Once we all get our cars we should do a meet up with other Ohio and surrounding members…that’d be cool.
Sounds like a plan! @ForestGump got lucky too. It must then be a local thing.

I'm picking up in Ft. Lauderdale. Yesterday it was 5/11-5/13, today it's 5/12-5/16, but my SA said via email it's 5/23. No one has contacted me, I've always been the one to call them. My car is waiting on the charge port.
OD? My pick up location is Fort Lauderdale as well but my order was originally for the RWD with 18" wheels. Just recently I switched over to the LR with 19" wheels because I needed a vehicle sooner than what my EDD is showing. My EDD is 10/18 - 12/13 and that comes from the original order build, so I am expecting potential earlier EDDs if not the same for a while longer until I see different months and days. I've seen and been told that switching builds won't put you in the back of the line but with those who ordered the LR on your OD, so I'm hoping that stands true.

But I'm still concerned over the EDD since my pre-delivery tasks was screwed up twice. One of the chat advisors switched my payment from financing to cash and now the app says I have to pay a remaining balance of $50,354.28, when I obviously don't have that money right now. And it's asking me to complete my pre-delivery tasks to avoid delays in delivery albeit my SA is out of office until next week according to the chat advisor so that makes matters worse for me. But oh well, patience is all I can practice in all of this and wait until next week to settle stuff out with my SA.

Reactions: jpaychek
Please remember that once you make 5 posts, you are able to add your signature. See my signature below as an example. Turn your phone to landscape if you aren’t using a computer to view signatures. Also update the spreadsheet.
Ahh T-J- Remember when that was us reminding newbies to add their signature line? You politely mentioning it, me saying something mean and sarcastic to the people that didn’t join until it was time to announce that they got a VIN number, and then being unwilling to provide the first three of their VIN, because they were suspicious VickyG would sign them up for an MCAFEE scam. Remember when the avg time OD to delivery was 53 days? Ahhh. Good days. Good days.

One of the chat advisors switched my payment from financing to cash and now the app says I have to pay a remaining balance of $50,354.28, when I obviously don't have that money right now.
Whoever is fiddling with your account settings is completely botching it. I think I had the "normal" experience, where I got a VIN, three days later was asked what delivery date I wanted, and then the final tasks for taking delivery showed up in the app. Included in those tasks was paying for the vehicle. I had no intention of paying until I saw the vehicle, said as much to my SA, and my SA was fine with it. So I showed up, looked over the exterior (and as much of the interior as I could), then signed documents and handed over the check.

Text your SA or call the support number and tell them what's going on.

By the way, you want to be on cash until you get a VIN, then switch over to financing. There's no point in trying to lock down a rate now when the finance agreement is going to expire long before you get a chance to complete the application.

And be sure to update your forum signature with your order information. Check other people's signatures for ideas on how to format it. Order to delivery time for a vehicle with optional features is about 80-90 days right now. Mid-February orders are being filled, and would have been filled earlier if not for this ECU thing.

graduated! Upgraded to a Performance white on white, chatted to the tesla chat and they found me a car around my area. Ordered that on may 6th and had a window of may 6-11, they scheduled me for delivery for the 18th of May due to “logistic issues” but I kept bugging them everyday for 4 days until I called 888 number and Precilla handled everything and ended up taking delivery on the 10th. 235xxx VIN manufactured on April 2022 and has matrix, came with mobile charger even though initially they said it wouldn’t. No gaps and issues. This will be my second tesla because my 2021 got totaled. They paid me more than the price of my car so it didn’t hurt to upgrade. Thank God I had a tesla insurance I didnt have to deal with people lowballing me when it comes to settlement. Goodluck to everyone! For those who couldn’t wait. Try calling different locations around your area. I had found cars around my area but did not like the color so I ended up taking the one from the online chat. Try chatting on the website everyday too maybe they will find you a match.
Working the system to your advantage! Congrats!!

graduated! Upgraded to a Performance white on white, chatted to the tesla chat and they found me a car around my area. Ordered that on may 6th and had a window of may 6-11, they scheduled me for delivery for the 18th of May due to “logistic issues” but I kept bugging them everyday for 4 days until I called 888 number and Precilla handled everything and ended up taking delivery on the 10th. 235xxx VIN manufactured on April 2022 and has matrix, came with mobile charger even though initially they said it wouldn’t. No gaps and issues. This will be my second tesla because my 2021 got totaled. They paid me more than the price of my car so it didn’t hurt to upgrade. Thank God I had a tesla insurance I didnt have to deal with people lowballing me when it comes to settlement. Goodluck to everyone! For those who couldn’t wait. Try calling different locations around your area. I had found cars around my area but did not like the color so I ended up taking the one from the online chat. Try chatting on the website everyday too maybe they will find you a match.
How do you chat with someone? When I attempt to chat it just asks me questions and then sends me to a forum or faq for the answer.

If you are looking for "cooler" aero wheel covers, check out rimetrix. Way cheaper than buying new wheel/tire set-up while still giving you the range. I am probably going to buy them, but want to see the aero wheel covers in person first.
I can't bring myself to paying for hubcaps. If I spend $ in that department, it would be on some actual wheels. I do agree with you though- they definitely look better than the aeros though.