Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But you got the vaunted “2 week window’. On the last stretch rounding to the promised land. 😜
the 2 week window is a blessing and a curse 😆

it's the stages of:

"I finally got the 2 week window..YES...it's almost here!!!" then a few weeks go by with no change, or the EDD changes a few times, being pushed a out a little further but still a 2 week window. then we're to the point of "OK WTF, I've had my 2 week window for weeks, this is no longer good enough!... WHERE'S MY VIN!!!" 😆

when will the madness stop lol

Last edited:
Anyone else in the southeast? My Florida delivery date continues to get pushed each day (went from May 8-14 to May 9-15, then May 10-15, then May 11-15, now May 12-17) and I've heard the car is "in Alabama with about 200 other vehicles and they don't have enough trucks to deliver all the vehicles to the nearby states."

Seems like a strange rationale?
Mine is getting shipped from MA to FL (WPB) and they are telling me that they haven't been able to find a driver to take the car to me after 6 days of trying. Delivery still TBD.

Whoever is fiddling with your account settings is completely botching it. I think I had the "normal" experience, where I got a VIN, three days later was asked what delivery date I wanted, and then the final tasks for taking delivery showed up in the app. Included in those tasks was paying for the vehicle. I had no intention of paying until I saw the vehicle, said as much to my SA, and my SA was fine with it. So I showed up, looked over the exterior (and as much of the interior as I could), then signed documents and handed over the check.

Text your SA or call the support number and tell them what's going on.

By the way, you want to be on cash until you get a VIN, then switch over to financing. There's no point in trying to lock down a rate now when the finance agreement is going to expire long before you get a chance to complete the application.

And be sure to update your forum signature with your order information. Check other people's signatures for ideas on how to format it. Order to delivery time for a vehicle with optional features is about 80-90 days right now. Mid-February orders are being filled, and would have been filled earlier if not for this ECU thing.
Yeah I already sent an email to my SA regarding my situation so I’ll await a response the day they go back to work. Also updated my signature. I also updated my spreadsheet data so it should update whenever it wants to.

It’s good to hear that LR orders from mid-Feb are being fulfilled, at least for myself and others coming from the RWD family, because Tesla’s game is deliver vehicles earlier to those who drop more money. But I’m well aware of the deliveries being backed up with all the shortages, but it’s good to have a specific build that reports new VINs more than what I previously had. A VIN being assigned is literally all I’d care for at this point, lol.

Confirmed pick up for tomorrow AM, my car is a 247 vin and has matrix headlights, mobile charger, no charge port issues and is ready to rock.

I do not mean to hurt anyone when I say this but, it was 27 days from order to delivery... Cleveland/Lyndhurst pick up. (order your car from Cleveland you'll probably get it faster as many people from CLE get a fast turn around for whatever reason.

Side thought, I do not see many teslas around my area (Akron/Cleveland) I wonder if Tesla prioritizes locations that have little Tesla populations basically to promote and advertise more cars in these areas...

the 2 week window is a blessing and a curse 😆

it's the stages of:

"I finally got the 2 week window..YES...it's almost here!!!" then a few weeks go by with no change, or the EDD changes a few times, being pushed a out a little further but still a 2 week window. then we're to the point of "OK WTF, I've had my 2 week window for weeks, this is no longer good enough!... WHERE'S MY VIN!!!" 😆

when will the madness stop lol
It stops when your butt is in the Drivers seat and you are on your way home.

I’m going to miss all you “old timers” after you get your ”rides” and drive off into the sunset 😄
I expect to be around long after you’re gone.

My situation is quite the opposite of everyone here as I am trying to hold off receiving my new vehicle until September. Don’t ask why, stronger forces at work on the home front. Anyway, there’s some different strategies I’ve picked up during my time here which I could use (change to RWD, then change back to LR after two months, change colors back and forth). I could also explain my situation to an SA at 1-800-TESLA, but not holding my breath.

I’ve already had my local SA put the max 90 day from OD hold which runs out June 14. I was also told I could cancel a VIN once, but after a second cancellation, my order would probably be cancelled. Worst case, I could let it be cancelled, create a new order and take the last price hike hit after my OD, assuming there aren’t any more price hikes in the short term (yeah right). Or just cancel it now, put in a new order and take the last price hike hit and guarantee no more price hikes. Like I implied, rather unusual and frustrating situation.

I’m open to any suggestions. 🤔

Last edited:
Anyone from western Canada getting VIN? I’m in first day of my 2 week window. Crickets so far.
Nothing yet for me. I would check tomorrow morning because when I was in a 2 week window, it updated on the second day. My 2 weeks went to a 10 day window but still no vin. It is so frustrating like we are almost there.... just build my car already. I will even send my toolbox to fremont if needed lol

Side thought, I do not see many teslas around my area (Akron/Cleveland) I wonder if Tesla prioritizes locations that have little Tesla populations basically to promote and advertise more cars in these areas...
Interesting thought. I'm in MS and there are not many here for sure and from what I can tell, assuming my current EDD holds, I think I am generally a couple weeks ahead of the rest of the pack at 75 days.

Ahh T-J- Remember when that was us reminding newbies to add their signature line? You politely mentioning it, me saying something mean and sarcastic to the people that didn’t join until it was time to announce that they got a VIN number, and then being unwilling to provide the first three of their VIN, because they were suspicious VickyG would sign them up for an MCAFEE scam. Remember when the avg time OD to delivery was 53 days? Ahhh. Good days. Good days.
I figured the next generation of those of us “patiently waiting” needed to step up and take over with the reminders as our seniors move on to their next stage of ownership and the newbies come on asking and posting about the same topics we discussed already (in great depth as it all unfolded) but while providing no information about their order to be able to give an intelligent response.

Last edited:
OD? My pick up location is Fort Lauderdale as well but my order was originally for the RWD with 18" wheels. Just recently I switched over to the LR with 19" wheels because I needed a vehicle sooner than what my EDD is showing. My EDD is 10/18 - 12/13 and that comes from the original order build, so I am expecting potential earlier EDDs if not the same for a while longer until I see different months and days. I've seen and been told that switching builds won't put you in the back of the line but with those who ordered the LR on your OD, so I'm hoping that stands true.

But I'm still concerned over the EDD since my pre-delivery tasks was screwed up twice. One of the chat advisors switched my payment from financing to cash and now the app says I have to pay a remaining balance of $50,354.28, when I obviously don't have that money right now. And it's asking me to complete my pre-delivery tasks to avoid delays in delivery albeit my SA is out of office until next week according to the chat advisor so that makes matters worse for me. But oh well, patience is all I can practice in all of this and wait until next week to settle stuff out with my SA.
OD was Jan 4, LR, 18” tires. No changes at all, white with black interior. The app is asking me for my balance also. I’m not paying until I at least can look at the car.

Reactions: SkunkApe