Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All done, pick up was successful besides the app not working (system wide Tesla was dealing with it) so they bypassed me getting to press the "accept delivery" button. They lady there seemed so confused when I told her some of you all have been waiting since January and February. Another guy was in there taking delivery who waited under 30 days as well (This is the Cleveland/Lyndhurst location) seems pretty normal for Clevelanders to get their cars in under 30 days.

Again my VIN 247xxx came with mobile charger, matrix lights, and had 0 charger port issues. Only 1 small line up from the rocker panel to the fender that was sticking out about 1/8" further than the other side but i dont really care about it.
Congrats! did you see many cars on the lot that were waiting for charge ports?

Yes actually, I am shocked that they won’t do right by people and it’s people like you that just bends over and takes it…the reason they’re gonna keep it up. No matter how big you get you should ALWAYS do right by your customers…customer service can literally end a company. The mobile connector is definitely an issue as it is required to charge the car at home. How is it that folks are really ok with paying the inflated price that already includes that same omitted mobile connector then pay $200 or $400 or whatever for something that should have came with the car? Absolutely ludicrous but hey, there’s one born everyday right? What’s next? No tires included? 😂 If you’re having supply chain issues that’s fine, we all know what’s going on right now. You ship it to folks when you get it…simple. Same thing all reputable automakers are doing right now and not only that they’re giving you a discount on the price because of the inconvenience.

And actually I already have an EV (one in my opinion that’s better that I ordered waiting on this car and got first) and most likely won’t even be keeping this 3. Can’t sell my reservation and can’t get my money back so yea, my wife may want it but I doubt it. Price has increased by like $5k since I bought it so it should turn a nice profit because like you said, there are a million yous out here that will gladly take it. But hey, if you like it I love it…keep on keeping on. Soon you’ll have to buy the frame and all the other parts will be sold separately to assemble it lol
Not gonna lie I would secretly love it if it came in parts like an Ikea furniture and you’d have to assemble it in your driveway with those little hex keys.

Nah, not bothering with any of that stuff. Not putting on Mud flaps either, I just can’t bear the look of flaps on a sedan. It will be garaged though. Any winter damage I figure is just the way it goes owning a car.
I hear you. As much as I would love to have all the special coatings and films to keep my car looking new for many more years, right now I can't afford to spend more $$$$ other than some accessories. In the end, my car will still have some chips, scratches, wear and tear, but will run like a champ and still be fun to drive!

I spend two minutes a day here and I had no idea the question was meme-worthy.
Sorry for asking. I'll be more careful next time.
I haven’t heard anything about any Shanghai built model 3s not coming with the matrix lights. But on the other hand it definitely seems like the vast majority of posters here are in the US and Canada so it might be possible. Overall it seems like Fremont was not getting enough matrix lights to keep up with production so started to install the reflector lights in some cars for a couple weeks until the supply issue was resolved.

who knows what will happen in the future. Maybe some more recent VINs are still coming with reflector lights but e just not being delivered to people that post here or going to people that don’t notice or care.

I think there is an extra problem with the RWD now that they switched to LFP: those battery packs are only made in China (CATL) as far as I know and there have been major covid lockdowns for weeks.
Exactly. Seeing how many RWD orders from 2021 still have yet to be delivered, I couldn’t trust an October - December EDD. Still have it after switching yesterday to the LR so I don’t know when to expect a new one. I have a car I’m trading in for the M3LR and the longer I drive it the lower the value, so waiting longer would almost make no difference towards financing.

It was my turn to graduate today. I picked up the car from the indoor delivery room, it was a blast!
View attachment 803804
Matrix headlights, charger, updated processor; zero defects. Well done Tesla!! :) vin 241xxx
Looks like you got the VIP treatment! I’m expecting to be searching a parking lot full of white and grey Model 3s in the rain along with the rest of the common folk :)

Pet peeve- why does everyone miscount the # of days in delivery windows? I.e a “4 day” window that actually covers 5 calendar days or a “3 day” window that spans 4 calendar days? :) 😜
1652465094173.png

100%. I kept monitoring the situation since October. I wanted to buy then, but I couldn't take delivery until the end of June, so I had to wait until mid-March to order. Long story short, the same car has gone from ¥5,300,000/$41,000 to ¥7,100,000/$55,000 (today).

The good news is that the estimated autonomy has increased from 580 km e to 689 km.

View attachment 803741
Tesla's order page for the M3LR here in Canada still says the max range is 576km with 18 inch aero wheels. Is that a different battery chemistry that's available for the M3LR's there or a different way to estimate the max range?

Tesla's order page for the M3LR here in Canada still says the max range is 576km with 18 inch aero wheels. Is that a different battery chemistry that's available for the M3LR's there or a different way to estimate the max range?
It's either the latter, or

images

More seriously, I'm sure Japan uses a different rating system to reflect the driving habits of the Japanese. It's a small country compared to the United States or Canada, so drivers spend much less time on freeways at high speeds.