Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduated today! 64 total days from order to pick up. 253xxx and it had all the things, including matrix and charger. It was a breeze picking up (no defects found, perfect condition) and we just did the light show after we got home from dinner. We live near Lake Tahoe so tomorrow we are going to go drive around the entire lake- (about a 3 hour trip) to break ‘er in! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

priority of the FSD

Not sure if this is a normal thing, but I ordered on 3/17 (Seattle, WA) and have twice now had a delivery window of about a week. Very soon after I ordered I got March 23 - March 31, then just a week ago I got May 5 - May 13. Right as the day approached (March 22 and May 4, respectively), the date got shoved way out. I've heard stories of people getting crazy close delivery dates like 8 or 9 times before they deliver. This is taking years of my life :oops:.

I guess ultimately all delivery dates are total BS if I don't have a VIN (and I used the extension to check the source code too!), but is anyone else having this experience where it keeps being listed as basically imminent, only to be pushed out again? The main thing that makes it annoying is scrambling to get a bunch of accessories so that they're ready for delivery (front license plate holder, all-weather mats, etc), but then realizing I'll be outside the return policy without ever getting to test them now...

Anyway, probably a standard gripe -- just wanted to throw my experience out there!

(btw, order is M3LR, Red Multicoat w/ black interior, Sport Wheels, no FSD)

Graduated today! 64 total days from order to pick up. 253xxx and it had all the things, including matrix and charger. It was a breeze picking up (no defects found, perfect condition) and we just did the light show after we got home from dinner. We live near Lake Tahoe so tomorrow we are going to go drive around the entire lake- (about a 3 hour trip) to break ‘er in! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
I too took delivery today at Fremont. @critchamc could you let me know what brand tires did yours have on? Hankook or Michelin? thanks!

Here are some pics from today with my car that picked up from Fremont Tesla:

20220514_2.jpg

20220514_1.jpg

I too finally took delivery of my Tesla today. It was delivered home and went off pretty smoothly.

The Tesla checklist is certainly a life saver. Overall the car was in great shape, however a rear back window beading was coming off, so I registered a service request and the mobile service station will be coming over on Monday to sort it out.

Another learning I had was that the Blink chargers my apartment complex has are an older generation and require a physical card to use. So need to sort out my charging till they mail the physical card to meView attachment 804452View attachment 804453.

Thank you all for the great support this forum provided :) and keep the faith. The wait is worth it !!!
Scottsdale rolling. Now we need the west valley. Congrats!

Looks great! Maybe a silly question but did the have permanent plates ready, and if so did they install the front plate?
They have plate brackets ready and not the actual plates. Actual plates will be sent to home from respective DMV (I took delivery in NY but registering in CT).
Even for the plate brackets, they had it pre installed on the back side but left the front bracket in trunk. Upon request they are installing the front brackets as well rt there.

Just curious. Did they still charge you a destination fee since you're picking up at the factory?
Destinations fees are always charged and they're the same for all cars of the same model. It's your contribution to the delivery of all of Tesla's cars, just as the rest of your payment is your contribution to the research, design, logistics and manufacturing of all of Tesla's cars. Be happy that you're not buying a Fiat or Chrysler.

2DESTINATION_WEB