Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also got a pushback two days in my 2 week window. New EDD May 24 - Jun 7.
I have a similar order date as yours. I swung by one of the local Tesla showrooms and spoke with a SA who looked up my order today. He was saying that for the west coast late Feb and early March orders that Tesla was going to make a push to deliver those before the end of the quarter around mid to early June 🤞

Local shop here has 20% ceramic tint in sheets big enough to do rear window. As I understand some tint shops will stop the tint at the gradient line and you will have a visible from the inside overlap line. It would drive me crazy so I’m doing 20% all around.
Thanks for the valuable input. I will definitely check into how the rear glass would be done. Another poster stated the shop he looked at had single sheets for the whole back window. I would hate the line also!

Love the color. Have you seen any 248 vins that didnt have or had matrix headlights. Worried i wont get them
Actually it is very random and even the SA I spoke today dosen't seem to know. For ex: my car VIN 246xxx has Matrix and just few days before someone posted here with the same VIN series 246xxx and NO Matrix headlights. FWIW, the build info on the driver side panel says 05/22, may be it is with build date... 🤷‍♂️

Actually it is very random and even the SA I spoke today dosen't seem to know. For ex: my car VIN 246xxx has Matrix and just few days before someone posted here with the same VIN series 246xxx and NO Matrix headlights. FWIW, the build info on the driver side panel says 05/22, may be it is with build date... 🤷‍♂️
yeh it doesnt make sense. My build date is may when i asked SA and i spoke to a few different ones and they said ill have them but its annoying not knowing for sure

Reactions: jpaychek
GRADUATIION DAY !!! (YAAAAAAYYYYYY)

First of all.... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU ! to the awesome and lovely people around on this forum and wealth of info shared.

Secondly, as everyone who graduates says (literally) and I now know it and stand by that..... "WORTH THE WAIT !!!" :)

So the delivery details:
  • Overall delivery was good & smooth 👍
  • There was no time cruch or restriction as such, at least in this location they give the time you need to look around and validate
  • Today Mt.Kisco was packed with cars (mostly 3s & Ys)
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Charging cable included = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅
    • Panel gaps = None ✅ (at least to my eyes I was not able ot catch anything and did 3 or 4 rounds) (used TesBros checklist)
    • Any other issues = None ✅
Noticed a few performance model and those wheels on them are so cooooool, but on my way back where there were few road construction works and bad roads I instantly felt good for the 18" Aeros on my car 😄

Wishing all the good luck on quick and quality cars for everyone waiting !!!

View attachment 804388
Congrats!

Reactions: Skay
yeh it doesnt make sense. My build date is may when i asked SA and i spoke to a few different ones and they said ill have them but its annoying not knowing for sure
If you have confirmed with few folks then you should be good mostly 🤞... when I called as well the SA who verfied did say "reg the headlights, give me few mins I will have to go in to get the details and confirm you" (not sure what it means from their end) but they certainly check something and then confirm so I dont think they just say for the sake of getting rid of the call.

I think its completely opposite. I live only a few hours from the factory and I have not had one change in my EDD since my OD and when I called the Tesla number the other day they said mine is showing a middle of June delivery. I think the east coast is getting the cars much earlier than us on the west coast. I personally think they are holding off the California deliveries so they can slam out a large chunk of cars and end Q2 on a high note.
mate I was referring to the 'delivery dates', not EDD. Delivery dates the ones assigned after you get a VIN.

First of all.... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU ! to the awesome and lovely people around on this forum and wealth of info shared.

Secondly, as everyone who graduates says (literally) and I now know it and stand by that..... "WORTH THE WAIT !!!" :)

So the delivery details:
  • There was no time cruch or restriction as such, at least in this location they give the time you need to look around and validate
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅
    • Panel gaps = None ✅ (at least to my eyes I was not able ot catch anything and did 3 or 4 rounds) (used TesBros checklist)
Noticed a few performance model and those wheels on them are so cooooool, but on my way back where there were few road construction works and bad roads I instantly felt good for the 18" Aeros on my car 😄

View attachment 804388
Thats my car. What you doing with my car?

Also, as I told the random lady during my pickup yesterday, your front left aero cover is also not fully installed. Might wanna push that thing in. Seems like the MT Kisco folks arent too enthusatic about putting those aero covers.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Skay and jpaychek
Has anyone ever had any issues with a trade in getting less than they say on delivery date? I got my trade in amount today at a very good value and see no reason why it wouldnt go for that.

Just wondering if it's ever happened and what you would do if all of a sudden they're like hey you owe an extra 2k...

I too finally took delivery of my Tesla today. It was delivered home and went off pretty smoothly.

The Tesla checklist is certainly a life saver. Overall the car was in great shape, however a rear back window beading was coming off, so I registered a service request and the mobile service station will be coming over on Monday to sort it out.

Another learning I had was that the Blink chargers my apartment complex has are an older generation and require a physical card to use. So need to sort out my charging till they mail the physical card to me
IMG_2652.jpg
IMG_2655.jpg

Thank you all for the great support this forum provided :) and keep the faith. The wait is worth it !!!

So the delivery details:
  • Car details:
    • VIN = 246XXX
    • Matrix Headlights = ✅
    • Tires = Michelin ✅

View attachment 804388
Looks great! Maybe a silly question but did the have permanent plates ready, and if so did they install the front plate?

I shouldn’t have seen this, now I want to last minute change my color to red . . . ;-) Congrats!

The red paint looks like that only under specific lighting conditions. The paint in has a darker shade under normal circumstances. I want a red car too, but am not sure about this particular shade.

That red is so awesome! Can’t wait to get it on Monday and then see what it looks like after paint correction and ceramic coating on Friday!
What’s paint correction?

The red paint looks like that only under specific lighting conditions. The paint in has a darker shade under normal circumstances. I want a red car too, but am not sure about this particular shade.
Get the red, with black interior and 18 aero. The darker red with black seats and roof, looks really good. Plus the black mudflaps that you install are barely visible. The color has a very interesting look. From the back it looks super inconspicuous, especially if parked between multiple cars. I prefer that as it attracts less attention in pubic parking outside target etc. From the side, it gives a very sporty look. i.e when parked outside home or in garage.

Graduated today! 64 total days from order to pick up. 253xxx and it had all the things, including matrix and charger. It was a breeze picking up (no defects found, perfect condition) and we just did the light show after we got home from dinner. We live near Lake Tahoe so tomorrow we are going to go drive around the entire lake- (about a 3 hour trip) to break ‘er in! Good luck to everyone still waiting!