Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA is coming back to office tomorrow and I sent them a couple of emails regarding my build change and how it’s now asking me to pay the rest of the car with cash after switching out of financing to avoid delays in delivery. I hate seeing the “Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery” message and I’m still at the old and first EDD since ordering and switching.

So has anyone been able to confirm that having your payment set as cash actually changes anything? I believe I put mine as 3rd party financing. My account says something like pay the final balance by ach before delivery and under that amount financed and the total is everything minus the $250 order deposit. Should I actually change it so it says cash and then change it back to 3rd party financing once I get a vin assigned?

Last edited:
Ok so some information since VIN assignment on Wed. May 11 after receiving VIN I informed SA that I still would like to trade in my vehicle and open application to switch from Lease to Financing. After doing so which took about a day, for a conditional approval by Well fargo I was able to schedule delivery on Friday for Sunday May 15th pick up. But Wells fargo is still reviewing documents it says pending so my pick up date moved to Monday 16th. Wells fargo required proof of accepted trade in. I kept getting texts saying "action required" but i'm unable to move forward till docs reviewed. I've already picked up a cashiers check. So hoping for no further delays and pick up tomorrow!

Reactions: jpaychek and TSLone
I bet there are many abandoned or cancelled orders from the rush earlier this year. That should play in our favor. That’s another stat I bet we would all like to know- what percentage of orders actually turn into purchases?

I wonder if interest rates, equity & crypto crash are changing the financial dynamics here.

I guess that's how the Fed will bring down inflation.

Reactions: pointech
Seattle too but I got my delivery date before my final 2 week EDD. I don't know if I got someone's rejected car but you can get it early too!
haha, I certainly hope so, my friend! Saw a lot of updated delivery dates this morning from others, but my date is still in the May 28 - June 25 nebula! (I remember Elon saying he doesn't want to blow through a bunch of cash to hit quarter-end deliveries, but based on where we are in the quarter, I kind of hope they still do ;))