Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guysss.. just poking my head in. picking up this Saturday @ ft laud location. So excited!! I see a lot of people getting VINs, along with a few push backs.. hoping everybody gets a speedy delivery!!! been out here waiting since 2/12... its almost over!!
Shoot, I'm jealous. What did you order?
I'm waiting for the charge port to pick up in FLL. VIN 2411xx. ODD 12/27 !!!!

Hi All, I have a quick question as to how long Tesla will hold your vehicle for you.

I have delivery scheduled for Tuesday May 24, but then will be out of town Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I can come back early Friday if needed to pick it up though.

But lets say my May 24 delivery gets delayed, do I get another 3 day window or am I forced into a specific date? I've texted the SA about this also just waiting on a response, I can update once I get a response
I messaged my essay with the same question. My work schedule isn't easy and I coach baseball. It's hard to say when exactly I'll be able to go. He told me they typically hold them for 10 to 14 days.

In an attempt to satisfy my Tesla appetite (since no car still), I went ahead and ordered MORE accessories😁.
Already have the windshield sunscreen, screen protector and cup holder insert.
Today I ordered the sport pedal covers, the floor mats and the air freshener.
Just need a car to put them in!
You do not want to put an air freshener in this car yet. The smell is an amazing hybrid of a new iPhone and new car put together. Well, I wouldn’t want to anyway. It even makes the garage smell like heaven.

You do not want to put an air freshener in this car yet. The smell is an amazing hybrid of a new iPhone and new car put together. Well, I wouldn’t want to anyway. It even makes the garage smell like heaven.
I bought some Little Trees to put on after the new car smell goes away and I regret buying them. Especially the Caribbean Colada scent. My trade-in car smells like coconuts.

Oh, and my SA was useless in telling me what the build date of the car is, or if it has matrix lights. I guess it'll all be a surprise tomorrow!
Not sure why they can't tell you the build date. It's literally on the windshield when they cars arrive:
67443804620__C7994C79-F512-43AD-A334-872BCCD7E6EE.jpeg

So even with phone key enabled you have to swipe the card to start the car?
Nah. That would be silly. Here's a caution from the Model 3 User Manual section on keys.

"Always carry your key card with you in your purse or wallet to use as a backup in case your authenticated phone has a dead battery, or is lost or stolen."

Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

That caution wouldn't be in there if the key card was a normal part of interacting with the car. The only time you have to swipe the interior sensor is if you use the key card to unlock the car and then wait longer than 2 minutes before stepping on the brake. I can attest to that because I rely exclusively on the key card, not my phone.

I got a 253 VIN assigned within the last hour with a new EDD of 5/18 – 5/21!! Unfortunately that overlaps exactly with when I'll be out of town. :(

I'll have to see if I can pick it up from Fremont either a day earlier (5/17) or day later (5/22). Wish me luck!
Good luck, I hope that works for you. I’ve already told my wife that I’ll be flying back if our delivery date falls when we’re away!

Ceramic for sure. I’ll never go back to cheap/regular tint after having ceramic. The heat rejection difference is night and day.

Ceramic provides good heat rejection at even lighter tint levels so tint percentage is purely personal preference. I would say most go for the 20-35% range.
That’s the same info I’ve researched. My concern is the back window. Most tint installers don’t carry ceramic in the 60” roll to do the entire window with one piece. They tint up to the gradient and that leaves a noticeable line. Haven’t seen it yet so undecided what to do. Tinting the entire back window really jacks up the price. I’m told the back glass of the M3 has heat blocking in the gradient so I’m not sure.