Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pictures of the factory Hankooks a couple pages back indeed show a 94V rating on the tires so 🤷🏻‍♂️
@DrChaos Ok, the Model 3 is heavy, but not that heavy. Just for quick reference:

looks like kinergy gt. They don't have acoustic foam unless there is a special Tesla version. Don't seem to be great reviews. But they seem to be less expensive than the Michelins on tirerack.

Michelin MXM4 in T1 Tesla model is $286.99 and is back-ordered. Hankook Kinergy GT is $222.99 and load index 94V
Not sure what this comparison is worth but I run the ST H735 version on my vintage Benz in 205/70R14. It's quiet and hard wearing with respectable all-around grip. No way to comment on handling since my aspect is so high.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
20220516_214823.jpg

Finally going to sleep. Added a few things. :) BTW this car was almost perfect! A few smudges on the leather cleaned right off, you can tell they detailed the exterior and left some wax or whatever but will be doing a full clean and possibly ceramic coat. No ppf. Already coated the leather with GYEON leather ceramic. Will be sticking around for awhile, I aint got them social media's so ill be sticking with TMC :) and of course waiting to see yall receive your cars! Especially @T-J- !! Gnight!

Does anyone know how relevant is pre-delivery Teslatalk in terms of the actual delivery date? I have 5 day delivery window at May 15-19 which has been slipping a day since Apr 30. Vehicle is already at delivery location since 2 weeks and my SA told me it should be delivered by this weekend. This pre-delivery emails with 25th date has made it confusing for me now about my delivery date. Any thoughts?
If you have a VIN but haven't been able to schedule a firm delivery date then your car is still waiting on parts most likely.
Got a trade in offer from Tesla for my clunker Prius equivalent to what both Carvana and Carmax quoted me ( now $3k less than the initial quote back in February, but makes sense with the used car market slow down).
Anybody go with the Tesla trade in and have any experience or advice for the process?
Did a showroom pickup.
Drove my trade-in to the showroom, my SA parked it in the lot, then we went inside.
I handed her the keys and registration, and then I started inspecting my Tesla.
Hi All, I have a quick question as to how long Tesla will hold your vehicle for you.

I have delivery scheduled for Tuesday May 24, but then will be out of town Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I can come back early Friday if needed to pick it up though.

But lets say my May 24 delivery gets delayed, do I get another 3 day window or am I forced into a specific date? I've texted the SA about this also just waiting on a response, I can update once I get a response
If the delay is on Tesla's end you will get a new 3 day delivery window to pick from.
If you're talking about showing up to sign the paperwork then not driving off with the vehicle, then this is definitely a first me. Speak to your SA.

I've also never heard of a delivery being delayed by Tesla once the buyer had selected from their three dates. Speak to your SA.
It actually happened to me.
Anyone know what sticklers they are on insurance for a cash purchase? My delivery date is 3 days earlier than what the insurance card says (because it is 3 days earlier than what my EDD 4-day window was). I uploaded it last week, 5 days before my delivery date was offered.

someone said it….the week-of-delivery wait is definitely killer!! Friday can’t get here fast enough.
I'd ask someone who works at your local store, or your SA.
how many cases is there with tesla service allowing you to ask for retrofitted matrix lights if you received a new vehicle with old lights ?
Zero AFAIK.
One last thing for the night…I don’t think I got a Tesla memory stick/card, though I never opened the charger bag. It wasn’t in any of the consoles or glovebox.
It should come pre-installed, if not ask your SA if they can get one for you.
The other issue after looking at the car presented to us was the glass from the top. Looking back at this I would like opinions on it.
Here's what mine look like.
DSC_2223.JPGDSC_2222.JPGDSC_2224.JPGDSC_2225.JPG

First two images are the front glass to top glass gap. 1/8th of an inch gap.
Last two images are the top glass to back glass gap. 1/4 of an inch gap.
At inspection I asked my SA about the rubber seals between the glass, and she said that they ran the car through the wash twice and saw no leaks.

Last edited:

No, not bad at all but it shouldn’t be leaking at all. I highly recommend taking your new car through a touchless car wash before your 100 miles or 24 hours is up.
I feel like 100 miles/24 hrs window is for something you might do to the car and try to blame Tesla for. Like scratching paint, damaging leather seats or something similar. Anything else should be just covered by 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. (any build quality issues, failing components, etc.)

Next morning came and I got a new EDD.....and it's worse.

October 25 - December 20 for the M3LR/MSM/Black/Sport/No FSD. And my EDD from the start with the M3RWD/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD was October 18 - December 13. Asking an SA why my EDD is that far away would be pointless as they would say that they don't want to speculate. It perhaps could have made sense if I got an EDD that states I would get it within 3-4 months, since I am noticing everyone here getting a VIN and pickup appointment three months later. But maybe it's my location.

October 25 - December 20 for the M3LR/MSM/Black/Sport/No FSD. And my EDD from the start with the M3RWD/MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD was October 18 - December 13. Asking an SA why my EDD is that far away would be pointless as they would say that they don't want to speculate. It perhaps could have made sense if I got an EDD that states I would get it within 3-4 months, since I am noticing everyone here getting a VIN and pickup appointment three months later. But maybe it's my location.
I mean looking at your edd and od the system seems to be placing you where it would be expected for an order placed in mid may on a LR. You did switch cars and that likely got you placed into the back of the LR queue.

I mean looking at your edd and od the system seems to be placing you where it would be expected for an order placed in mid may on a LR. You did switch cars and that likely got you placed into the back of the LR queue.
Seems like it. I’ve been told though that if I changed my order it would put me in the line with the 4/30 people. I was hoping for that but it turns out I went behind so many people that I could’ve stayed with the RWD.

But oh well, the longer waiting game will go on. Maybe in a few months there’s interaction in this thread from people who placed their order right around my OD, so I’ll wait for that as well.

Reactions: jpaychek
Seems like it. I’ve been told though that if I changed my order it would put me in the line with the 4/30 people. I was hoping for that but it turns out I went behind so many people that I could’ve stayed with the RWD.

But oh well, the longer waiting game will go on. Maybe in a few months there’s interaction in this thread from people who placed their order right around my OD, so I’ll wait for that as well.
Yeah I'm hoping that maybe it bumps you forward but idk if that will happen. I think tesla has started getting smart and isn't carrying over ODs anymore when you switch cars since ( not saying you) people were gaming the system for a while

What you're seeing from most of us is part of the quarter rush. Tesla will spend the next 44 days pushing deliveries as quickly as possible but you're not likely to be in that push so then there is a slow down at the beginning of the next QT. And keep in mind that March was a massive month for Telsa when it comes to new orders so you're behind that group as well. With all of that said, don't panic. Unless there are severe supply line issues you may very well see your wait get shorter.

There’s a chance the initial EDD is a mistake. Hopefully Tesla adjusts your EDD in the next few weeks. Either way, the LR EDD is likely more reliable than the SR EDD based on historical observations.