Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 805353
Finally going to sleep. Added a few things. :) BTW this car was almost perfect! A few smudges on the leather cleaned right off, you can tell they detailed the exterior and left some wax or whatever but will be doing a full clean and possibly ceramic coat. No ppf. Already coated the leather with GYEON leather ceramic. Will be sticking around for awhile, I aint got them social media's so ill be sticking with TMC :) and of course waiting to see yall receive your cars! Especially @T-J- !! Gnight!
The car looks beautiful. Red is growing on me.

Still at work but will definitely put up a picture or three when I can figure it out.

It was pretty bad.

This is why I "suggest" folks do NOT do ACH when taking delivery if possible. Yeah it costs a couple of bucks for a "cashiers check" from your bank but it gives you the ability to walk away for the cost of a couple of donuts ;).

There were other issues that I am not smart on but the glass for the top was very close to front/rear piece but had a 2mm or so larger gap. Several other things too but the major issue was the paint flaws. They were simply unacceptable.

The other thing to consider that I "paid for" is that Tesla requires proof of insurance. Depending on your insurance, you may get billed for a car you did not take. That cost us a few bucks. Kind of sucks.

Ill do my best to figure out posting photos videos here and if someone has a link to a tutorial on it I would be appreciative.

So again we wait. Not a big deal but it's adding up "pennies at a time".

:)
Still at work but will definitely put up a picture or three when I can figure it out.

It was pretty bad.

This is why I "suggest" folks do NOT do ACH when taking delivery if possible. Yeah it costs a couple of bucks for a "cashiers check" from your bank but it gives you the ability to walk away for the cost of a couple of donuts ;).

There were other issues that I am not smart on but the glass for the top was very close to front/rear piece but had a 2mm or so larger gap. Several other things too but the major issue was the paint flaws. They were simply unacceptable.

The other thing to consider that I "paid for" is that Tesla requires proof of insurance. Depending on your insurance, you may get billed for a car you did not take. That cost us a few bucks. Kind of sucks.

Ill do my best to figure out posting photos videos here and if someone has a link to a tutorial on it I would be appreciative.

So again we wait. Not a big deal but it's adding up "pennies at a time".

:)
How in the world did it even pass QC at Freemont? The SA as,well offering this to you like this? [I saw your pics on another post] I have the TESBROS checklist printed and ready when my car decides to roll into town. Sorry you are having to deal with this and getting the call and a VIN etc. Let's hope this VIN doesn't get passed around.

Same configuration – and in OC – ordered on 03/12. For some strange reason, refreshing the app 200 times a day hasn't helped produce a VIN.
Glad I’m. not the only one constantly looking. I have same EDD as you, I am hopeful we will be part of the Q2 push for deliveries, in which case, expecting some activity towards end of May..

I would still reach out to your SA if you haven't to see if everything looks good on their end. I wasn't offered anything other than Kansas City for my order despite being literally across the river from Council Bluffs.
It appears I was correct about Iowa being the issue. I switched to KC yesterday and this morning my EDD updated to a much more appropriate June 16 - July 14.

I had reached out to SA's via every medium possible - text, chat, phone, in person - and all told me no further action was necessary on my profile and that Aug - Oct was what they were seeing too.

I wish we could just trade orders lol. I don't know how long the change would be, but my guess is it would be rather significant at this point based on demand.
I think you can actually. You just need to create an order with the same configuration and the other poster can ask an SA to transfer his order to yours, and then you guys go through the same process with his order.

Glad I’m. not the only one constantly looking. I have same EDD as you, I am hopeful we will be part of the Q2 push for deliveries, in which case, expecting some activity towards end of May..
You're not alone. I have a widget on my Samsung and trust me, that gets pushed all the time. At least we're not in the dark not knowing the movement, EDDs etc like those not part of TMC.

My SA reached out and asked me to send my current cars insurance for their records.. Is this normal? I asked why they needed it and they sent back "PA allows us to release the vehicle if you have a valid insurance card, we like to have one on file so you and our team have one less item needed leading to delivery." I found this odd they need my current cars insurance?
I was told the same thing. They want to make sure your ‘insureable’ (is that a word?).

Just got my pushback to May 17-21 as well. Been trying to stay positive, but the experience is really getting a bit frustrating. It's not clear why they would have shipped cars without parts, why cars with VINs that were built/assigned 1-2 weeks after mine are being delivered ahead (any parts that became available should have gone into the older batch of cars first) why there's no transparency or even consistent communication about the ongoing delays, or why they didn't more accurately calibrate the EDD once the part issue was identified.

I'm sure a lot of this frustration will vanish once I get the car, but that doesn't mean this is anything close to an acceptable situation in the "era of customer centricity."