Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just received our VIN (2375xx) this morning. We ordered on 2/26 and had no movement in the EDD until last week when the EDD switched to a 2 week window. Yesterday we received an offer on our trade-in, declined it, and this morning had a VIN. We are taking delivery in north TX and I think I was surprised to see what I thought was a lower number VIN. Although I'm not actually sure what I should be expecting. We were just excited to see something - we honestly thought they had forgotten about us because our dates had not budged since February.

OD 2/26/2022 M3LR | MSM | BLK | 18 | No FSD

We just received our VIN (2375xx) this morning. We ordered on 2/26 and had no movement in the EDD until last week when the EDD switched to a 2 week window. Yesterday we received an offer on our trade-in, declined it, and this morning had a VIN. We are taking delivery in north TX and I think I was surprised to see what I thought was a lower number VIN. Although I'm not actually sure what I should be expecting. We were just excited to see something - we honestly thought they had forgotten about us because our dates had not budged since February.

OD 2/26/2022 M3LR | MSM | BLK | 18 | No FSD
Make sure you thoroughly inspect the car. Someone may have denied it for personal reasons or it could be a defect. Otherwise congrats!

20220517_125502.jpg

Delivery was successful!

No panel gaps or paint issues from what I could tell, basically perfect. I saved the first time driving a Tesla for this day and MAN does it exceed expectations. Like everyone before me has been saying, it is well worth the wait...and then some! Couldn't be happier with the delivery experience overall.

Just got THE Text - "your VIN is now assigned"

Checked app and Delivery date went from 5/29-6/12 to..... 5/17-5/21!!! ummm... wondering if its a reject lol VIN 244XXX

OD was 2/28 - MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD - Picking up in Springfield NJ

Just hit up SA to change to Finance and get trade quote - so maybe that delays things a bit we shall see
Could be something as simple as it coming with reflector headlights as opposed to matrix, or just a cancelled order all together. Just make sure to do a thorough inspection. Based on your OD, it is right in line with other orders getting their vins, so maybe it's not even a rejected car! Congrats on the good news, keep us posted on your delivery experience!

When they send you text or email to schedule your delivery date, then you will get your vin officially on your app at the same time. But you can find the vin in your source code a week earlier usually.
For reference mine was built on Sat. I checked source code Sat and Sunday until around 11pm and still nothing, and woke up at 5am pst and had a Vin (I also verified it in source code searching “insurancef” Mon morning just to verify I had been doing it correct).

That said I’ve seen it work the way you described too. I just don’t get the rhythm of this company.

Our Tesla Service Rep, went thru our model 3 LR (blue, white interior 18") By checking the computer they seemed to think we might get a vin# in the beginning of June, and maybe delivery by the end of June. We ordered after the 1000.00 increase but before the really big increases. I feel like we are all in purgatory and waiting to get into heaven. IF Tesla stops from having any more orders, well then we are Truly the last in line, are we evil or divine :)

Estimated Delivery: May 08 - June 12

Estimated Delivery: May 27 - June 24 as of April 30th

If you have a VIN but haven't been able to schedule a firm delivery date then your car is still waiting on parts most likely.

Did a showroom pickup.
Drove my trade-in to the showroom, my SA parked it in the lot, then we went inside.
I handed her the keys and registration, and then I started inspecting my Tesla.

If the delay is on Tesla's end you will get a new 3 day delivery window to pick from.

It actually happened to me.

I'd ask someone who works at your local store, or your SA.

Zero AFAIK.

It should come pre-installed, if not ask your SA if they can get one for you.

Here's what mine look like.
View attachment 805371View attachment 805372View attachment 805373View attachment 805374

First two images are the front glass to top glass gap. 1/8th of an inch gap.
Last two images are the top glass to back glass gap. 1/4 of an inch gap.
At inspection I asked my SA about the rubber seals between the glass, and she said that they ran the car through the wash twice and saw no leaks.
Not certain on glass. Our's was very misaligned.
How in the world did it even pass QC at Freemont? The SA as,well offering this to you like this? [I saw your pics on another post] I have the TESBROS checklist printed and ready when my car decides to roll into town. Sorry you are having to deal with this and getting the call and a VIN etc. Let's hope this VIN doesn't get passed around.
I honestly have zero clue on how it even made it out of the factory.

What we DO know, and I hope people take heed, Be VERY CAUTIOUS on getting a VIN car that is way "earlier" than what is shipping to your local area.

ALSO, when picking up a "declined" vehicle....pay EXTRA attention to it. Plan on spending an hour or so looking over things and have a second person with you NOT looking at the things you are looking at. I know it is exciting to get a car but pay attention!

Last edited: